Cheri DiNovo introduces legislation to ban Conversion Therapy for LGBTQ youth.

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

We interpret Scripture using conservative biblical hermeneutics... but then you knew that... so why the wondering?
Good dodge again ......
I understand you find it very uncomfortable and difficult to give a plain direct answer to questions like this

I think if we could truly love like Jesus the truth would sort itself out without issue. If only we could.

Good dodge again ......
I understand you find it very uncomfortable and difficult to give a plain direct answer to questions like this

You didn't ask a question RitaTG, If you have one, please ask it. I'll give my answer.

Ok .... fair enough Jae
Could you please tell me what truth your church speaks in regard to the LGB issue and also what is shared regarding the T issue please?
Thank you

Assuming that there are children in your congregation, Jae, if one or more of them were transgendered, or gay (the former being quite likely, the latter almost inevitable), it's not like they could take themselves off to the local UCCan for a better welcome.

I agree that adults can worship where they will. LTBTQA children are trapped where they're placed. 1% of all births involve some gender ambiguity (ambiguous genitalia, mis-matched hormones, chromosomal anomalies). That's not an insignificant #.

Assuming that there are children in your congregation, Jae, if one or more of them were transgendered, or gay (the former being quite likely, the latter almost inevitable), it's not like they could take themselves off to the local UCCan for a better welcome.

We'd never ask a child alone to leave our church.

Jae, could you please give me an approximate number of different children who have been members of your congregation in the years you have been a member? You know where I'm going with this. You've probably got a gay kid in your pew right now. They aren't saying anything, and they're sure as hell not self-identifying. But they're listening.

Jae, could you please give me an approximate number of different children who have been members of your congregation in the years you have been a member? You know where I'm going with this. You've probably got a gay kid in your pew right now. They aren't saying anything, and they're sure as hell not self-identifying. But they're listening.

We probably don't. There are simply more appropriate options for them in the neighborhood. I guess it's possible that we do. If we did, what of it?

2-5% of the human population in Jae's congregation of 25 people?

and T even rarer than that?

pretty safe to say that is none?

though without actually checking (and this runs into the problem that revjohn has mentioned before)...without actual real data, its fitting reality in to what one believes, and y'know where that leads

and what if the hypothetical Gay person is one of those who doesn't follow the 'Homosexuality as identity' BS, but rather follows the 'Homosexuality as act' BS?

2-5% of the human population in Jae's congregation of 25 people?

and T even rarer than that?

pretty safe to say that is none?

though without actually checking (and this runs into the problem that revjohn has mentioned before)...without actual real data, its fitting reality in to what one believes, and y'know where that leads

and what if the hypothetical Gay person is one of those who doesn't follow the 'Homosexuality as identity' BS, but rather follows the 'Homosexuality as act' BS?

We tend to teach and preach a distinction between who a person is and how a person chooses to act.

Jae ... your usual vague dodge and weave .......
I sincerely hope that no LGBTQ person or their families ever have to sit under your care

This is the final installment in our church's talk on sex and sexuality. I think you should be able to find the other 3 from the link.
http://www.mediafusionapp.com/media...6&mediaType=video&backToArchive=#.VX7uVPlViko

This is author of book Mark cites speaking on gender dysphoria.
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/119354294" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
Pontifex ..... a very well spoken individual ....but ..... he has missed the mark by a mile....
When one starts off with a false assumption as the foundation of one's work then even the most eloquent and carefully thought out thesis will be wrong.
I know he is wrong ..... I am a transgender person ..... he has started out wrong and the result is wrong.
He has built the house on sand and he wants ones like me to live in that house.
No thank you

[QUOTE="RitaTG, post: 62740, member: 16]
I know he is wrong ..... I am a transgender person[/QUOTE]

The fact that you are a transgender person does not make you right, it only establishes your point of view.

If we were discussing gun-toting Texans, there are people who think they should be disarmed. The gun-toting Texan may say, I know they are wrong.....I am a gun-toting Texan.

[QUOTE="RitaTG, post: 62740, member: 16]
I know he is wrong ..... I am a transgender person
The fact that you are a transgender person does not make you right, it only establishes your point of view.

If we were discussing gun-toting Texans, there are people who think they should be disarmed. The gun-toting Texan may say, I know they are wrong.....I am a gun-toting Texan.
Of course Pontifex ..... and a good point it is .....
I also have the ongoing and growing body of professional research and very professional academic opinion to go on.
99% of the professional organizations have come to support and endorse the viewpoint of gender identity that I hold as well.
The evidence grows daily .....
Even some very staunch evangelical churches are beginning to take another look.
There has been absolutely no new evidence on the dissenting side and more and more the evidence they did offer is being shown to be unreliable.
I have everything at stake Pontifex ....... everything ....... I had to be sure ........ this is my very life .....
For me it is far more than an issue ...... I had to be sure......

Even some very staunch evangelical churches are beginning to take another look.
There has been absolutely no new evidence on the dissenting side and more and more the evidence they did offer is being shown to be unreliable.

[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]Like scripture?

What is the false assumption he starts out with? That there is a God who loves us?
Is it abnormal for parents of children who enter into activities that have 40+ % suicide rates to want to steer them away from that?[/FONT]

Pontifex ...... being so deliberately obtuse is Jae's way.
Please ..... you can do better than that....
You are correct .... the suicide rate is greater than 43%
I wonder why......
Here is a base truth I know because I live it....
Being transgender is NOT A CHOICE .......
This is indeed how I have been created.....
I ran from this for 50 years and I could not outrun it.
How you "choose" to treat me and treat others like me affects our lives very profoundly.
I suggest you look into the research as to why the suicide rates are so high.

Pontifex ...... being so deliberately obtuse is Jae's way.
Please ..... you can do better than that....
You are correct .... the suicide rate is greater than 43%
I wonder why......
Here is a base truth I know because I live it....
Being transgender is NOT A CHOICE .......
This is indeed how I have been created.....
I ran from this for 50 years and I could not outrun it.
How you "choose" to treat me and treat others like me affects our lives very profoundly.
I suggest you look into the research as to why the suicide rates are so high.
RitaTG, I find your comment here about me really disappointing. Never in all the time we've been dialoguing here on WC2 - answering each others questions and striving toward mutual understanding - have I ever made such a comment about you. :(

Back