'When God Left the Building' Film Director: The American Church Is Dying

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Jobam

A new documentary, "When God Left the Building," slated for release in August, will examine the decline of the American church and the overall deteriorating spiritual condition of the United States.

Well, there are certainly too many churches considering what the future demand is going to be. Many will have to be re-purposed. The demographics of belief are the writing on the wall, and to me, it's overwhelmingly positive. Old people generally believe. Young people generally don't. So, with the passage of time, there won't be enough support for churches. In one or two decades, the religious landscape of Canada and parts of the US will be completely different. Church buildings will be gone or renovated for new uses. That's just how it is.

So, with the passage of time, there won't be enough support for churches. In one or two decades, the religious landscape of Canada and parts of the US will be completely different. Church buildings will be gone or renovated for new uses. That's just how it is.
Fema Camps perhaps ... right alongside the repurposed sports complexes.

makeitswing_1.gif

God never left the building or anywhere outside the building, we left God, he's patiently waiting for our return.

A lot of the problem as I see it, is that we associate the loss of buildings with the loss of the presence of God in our lives, it's just not so. God is quite capable of existing in a desert.

Last edited:
IMO, God is putting us back out into the world, for His ministry.......where we should be. Never lose faith that this is God's plan, not ours. I absolutely see His hand in all of this. The only "temple" that is ever worth preserving is Christ Himself.

Last edited:
Back