What are you watching these days?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Northwind

Stationary nomad.
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
We've discovered a series on Netflix called Godless. It is set in the US west in the 1880's in a mining town. There's a man who is wanted for murder after a train robbery. Most of the men in this town died in the robbery and events that followed the robbery. The women are in charge. Michelle Dockery plays a woman who lives with her son and mother-in-law. The mother-in-law is played by Canadian Tantoo Cardinal. Jeff Bridges, Sam Waterston and others you'd know are in this series. It's very good so far. Michelle Dockery is nothing like Lady Mary from Downton. It is odd seeing her with an American accent.

Have been most recently watching the Amazon series - "Three Pines" - based on books by Cdn mystery writer Louise Penny, with a through story on MMIWG. Well cast & interesting. Last night's stories had an actress we also know from the TV series Transplant - interesting to see her in a different role - one of those, 'wait ... what?' moments.

A British series we really enjoyed is "Unforgotten" - investigations into crimes when corpses are randomly discovered fro long ago - eg during excavation for a new road etc. Great characters and good mystery writing.

I wish Three Pines was on Netflix or Crave. I love Louise Penny books.

Where are you watching Unforgotten?

We just finished watching The School for Good and Evil on Netflix. It was a fun look at the balance/battle between good and evil in fairy tales.

I clicked on the weirdest animated Netflix series called Midnight Gospel. I watched the first episode with Dr. Drew Pinsky voicing the character of the President but also as himself. It’s a weird psychedelic multiverse adventure comedy. Either it’s meant for stoners or it makes you feel that way anyway lol. Dr. Drew calmly talks about drug addiction to his “visitor”, while he shoots multitudes of cartoon zombies and monsters encroaching on the WH - the weird contrast between his dry and friendly, direct, dialogue and the mayhem going on is what’s funny. It’s so weird! Can’t really call it truly “violent” because he’s blasting funny looking cartoon monsters. Anne Lamott - progressive Christian author - does voice over on the next one. I’m curious! (Why her?)

Last edited:
Imagine poly verse as a great metaphorical tale ... may require considerable investigation and prying into ... or some other allegorical function ...

Omniscience given that science once was a sense of observable factors of evidence on what we found unknown! What we don't know is found in there to be deep spatial item ... we realize this with integration of time .. assaged ... or rebdered down in edit to a'Sage ... Na' that couldn't be ... right?

Therein the rube ... a cue! Come say Que 'd or cute Satyr as a small donkey in some lines as a carrier. may be somewhat inky and nebulous if misunderstood as a human leaning ... tilde?

Watching the obits ... and wondering about what a good story teller is compared to a dying liar/lyre!

Are they related in chance space of the spatial noct'd urn? Generates that distant white noise or cosmological ohm ... nervana?

Just started Manifest on Netflix yesterday
I really enjoyed Manifest, but as the seasons wore on I felt they could have tied it up after just a few seasons.
I grew tired of " the callings" and the problem solving that could only be resolved by some main characters
I personally concluded it ended up dragging on too long.
I am finding that with a few series, that tend to not know just when to " round things up" and come to an ending with some resolve.

I am finding that with a few series, that tend to not know just when to " round things up" and come to an ending with some resolve.

That's true. It's sad when they decide to end sooner than we'd like but that's probably the right thing to do. Doc Martin just ended after ten seasons (or series, it's British) and that seemed about right. I think Handmaid's Tale has also made the right decision planning a final season

And then there's ones that get cancelled with loose ends still hanging. Wasn't a problem in the days where most shows consisted of standalone episodes but with so many having ongoing/overarching plot arcs these days, it can be a real problem. I know Sense8 ended up having to do a movie to wrap up loose ends after they got cancelled early.

I have been all over the map with Netflix, but my attention wanes quickly if a show doesn't hook me in right away. I've tried a few of the ones mentioned and may revisit them later.
A couple I've enjoyed are Imposter and The Crown. I watch purely for entertainment rather than edification (sometimes they happen together).

Pretty sure we have watched 15 seasons of Heartland on Netflix. A friend said she is getting tired of Amy (main character) and watching the horses go round in circles.

I wish Three Pines was on Netflix or Crave. I love Louise Penny books.

Where are you watching Unforgotten?

We just finished watching The School for Good and Evil on Netflix. It was a fun look at the balance/battle between good and evil in fairy tales.
Unforgotten is currently airing on BBCone which is part of our Fibe TV pkg.

We watched a fun Christmas movie called Merry Frigging Christmas on RokuTV today. It was one of Robin Williams last movies. It was a Iot of fun and a different role for Williams

The West End's production of Les Misérables is on Netflix. It is pretty awesome.

The West End's production of Les Misérables is on Netflix. It is pretty awesome.
Which one? A recent one? Or the 25th anniversary from 2010 with Alfie Boe as Jean Valjean (which I saw on PBS years ago and it is amazing)?

Back