The Gospel of Mark

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Thoughts on Mark 10:13-16...

Jesus sat down in a village to rest when the town's mothers had an idea. They brought children to him, their request to him being that he bless them.

The missionaries rebuked those that were bringing the children. They thought that the children were not worth while to bother with, and that, tired, Jesus shouldn't be annoyed.

No sooner did Jesus notice the missionaries' concern and anxiety than he, in turn, became displeased. He was annoyed and told them, "Let the children come to me; don't hinder them."

He gives the reason for his command, "The Kingdom belongs to such as these." It's a declaration concerning the children's ability to know the truths pertaining to their salvation in a better way than that chosen by adults.

This truth he states also from the other side, confirming his words with an oath. If anyone doesn't accept God's Kingdom, Jesus, and the faith in him which the Spirit works in the heart, as a child, they won't enter that kingdom.

And to emphasize his words, Jesus didn't hesitate to take the children up into his arms and to bless them.

unsafe says ----
Now this passage with the rich lad is one that has been abused and misused and misinterpret by many people -----saying Jesus had no home and was a vagabond living on the streets and that He had nothing and therefore we humans are to live a poor unhappy life like He did ----

This concept is so unbiblical and so misunderstood ------Jesus said this ------unsafe posting from 2 different Bibles from John

John 10:10 (AMP)
10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows].

John 10:10 (NLT)
10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.

unsafe says
Jesus purpose is for us to enjoy this life and eternal life -----

We had many debates about this on the original wondercafe. Some thought that loving God and loving our neighbour were the same thing. I always argued that they were intertwined but different concepts.

Unravelled concepts ... leave mysterious fringes ... borderline attributes ... really out there in the dark mystery of depths ... then Hoo'dah really want to get into the great pool of soul ... the integrated plan goes on ... as conspiracy that's sacred as the patriarchy state the coin shouldn't know how they are wasted ... that vernacular for something else again!

Tis a really particularly peculiar area with Nous Rons etc. a jumble of words for those fearing babble and can't put such chaos to order beyond the modern ... thus post life ... shafted (or just skewered theories ... hypothetically is an understatement ...

Stuff we don't know is mysteriously extensive ... as in the Moor .. prepare for downs after the ups ... some dyke burst?

In a Bible study I was in once. However, here is a supporting source: Luke 18 People's New Testament
From your link:

18:18-30 And a certain ruler asked him. For notes on the case of the Rich Young Ruler, see Mt 19:16-30; also Mr 10:17-31. The ruler was probably ruler of a synagogue. See Mt 4:23.

Just to be clear. You are making an assumption about Mark 10 based on someone else's thoughts about Luke 18. And these are only thoughts or speculation. "Probably the ruler of a synagogue", your commentator suggests.

unsafe says ----
Now this passage with the rich lad is one that has been abused and misused and misinterpret by many people -----saying Jesus had no home and was a vagabond living on the streets and that He had nothing and therefore we humans are to live a poor unhappy life like He did ----

This concept is so unbiblical and so misunderstood ------Jesus said this ------unsafe posting from 2 different Bibles from John

John 10:10 (AMP)
10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows].

John 10:10 (NLT)
10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.

unsafe says
Jesus purpose is for us to enjoy this life and eternal life -----
Did you by any chance mean to post this on the Miracle thread? The biblical references and your comments seem to relate more to that conversation than this one.

"The missionaries rebuked those that were bringing the children. They thought that the children were not worth while to bother with, and that, tired, Jesus shouldn't be annoyed."

From such intense interpretation of babylon could one interpret that the children of God shouldn't know and thus mental extraction and souls will soon rise out of here into deeper space that's reciprocal of down in Eire ...

Trolls differ even ... thus folks in drag ... some addressed Celtic lye ... to support the cretan myths of taurus ... AB ult!

How pedantry gave a foot to education ... some dance about such psyche fete ... Ba'aLs? Wind millen about ...

paradox3 -----your quote ----We had many debates about this on the original wondercafe. Some thought that loving God and loving our neighbour were the same thing. I always argued that they were intertwined but different concepts.

unsafe says ---well they thought wrong ------Agape is a fruit of the Holy Spirit and the love in love your neighbour is Agape -----it only comes from God in us -----so you must love God first ------and the scripture ios very clean on that -----

Again people trying to use their worldly intellect to figure out a Spiritual concept ------

From your link:

18:18-30 And a certain ruler asked him. For notes on the case of the Rich Young Ruler, see Mt 19:16-30; also Mr 10:17-31. The ruler was probably ruler of a synagogue. See Mt 4:23.

Just to be clear. You are making an assumption about Mark 10 based on someone else's thoughts about Luke 18. And these are only thoughts or speculation. "Probably the ruler of a synagogue", your commentator suggests.

No. As I've already shared paradox3, I first learned of this in a Bible study. I just provided the link as a supporting source.

"only thoughts or speculation"

What can we base on such imaginary projections ... fore thought or pre science? Eerie ... or mysteriously wyr'ed wry ...

Even neurologists often decry mental projection ... as if it connected somehow and that is not allowed under the rule of naivete ... how we naturally arrive ...

Can something come of that void ? That Lo' Visa ... sometimes lesser gnomes? Put downs ... knows the chit above as bytes and bits ... bitte?

Stronger folks are not open to change, learning and evolution of word as it appears in a Great Code ... subtlety?

Some dark force didn't wish us to know ... thus there must be something out there ... beyond! Speculas ... cursory agents in agenda ... not the hole thing ...

Gords or gorDons ... pun kin allegory! The unknown imposed ...

paradox3 ---your quote ----Did you by any chance mean to post this on the Miracle thread? The biblical references and your comments seem to relate more to that conversation than this one.

unsafe says ---No--- it pertains to the rich man in this chapter your doing that is misunderstood -----if you don't want it on this thread feel free to delete it ------it makes no difference to me ------it doesn't pertains to Any Kind of Miracle ---it takes receiving Jesus as your Lord and Saviour is all by Loving God First ------ which also pertains to what the rich man failed to do -----

Do with as you will ----

Will ... I am leaning towards alternate speculation ... given all we don't know or conceive of ... gross mysteries!

paradox3 ---your quote ----Did you by any chance mean to post this on the Miracle thread? The biblical references and your comments seem to relate more to that conversation than this one.

unsafe says ---No--- it pertains to the rich man in this chapter your doing that is misunderstood -----if you don't want it on this thread feel free to delete it ------it makes no difference to me ------it doesn't pertains to Any Kind of Miracle ---it takes receiving Jesus as your Lord and Saviour is all by Loving God First ------ which also pertains to what the rich man failed to do -----

Do with as you will ----
Oh, it's fine here if this is where you want it. I didn't say your comments related to a miracle, I said they seemed to fit with the conversation over on the other thread.

No. As I've already shared paradox3, I first learned of this in a Bible study. I just provided the link as a supporting source.
Please try to be aware of when you are bringing another gospel into the conversation on the Mark thread. I think I might have mentioned this once or twice before. :)

Is it possible to cross connect threads ... as so often people deny any connections whatsoever as isolated beings ...

Mark 10:35-45 -----The Request of James and John

unsafe says ---this is all about Pride ----here these 2 are asking to be on the right and left of God's Glory -----What boldness they have to ask that ----their arrogance is showing here -----Pride comes from Satan not God --God despises pride

unsafe posting from Proverbs here -----

Proverbs 21:4(AMP)
Haughty and arrogant eyes and a proud heart,
The lamp of the wicked [their self-centered pride], is sin [in the eyes of God].

unsafe says --these 2 were at the Transfiguration of Jesus ---they had a greater understanding of the spiritual then the others -----it should have brought Humility forward but it brought out Pride instead because our humanist nature wants to be elevated ---it is more appealing to be climb the ladder then to climb down the ladder of success ------John and James were serving other they had been at the lower end of the ladder and they thought it was time to be exhausted ---- this is worldly thinking their old nature taking over ego wants what ego wants ----

They show their arrogance and over confidence in this statement here ------Mark 10

38 “You don’t know what you are asking,”AP)'> Jesus said. “Can you drink the cupAQ)'> I drink or be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with?”AR)'>

39 “We can,” they answered.

unsafe says --
WOW ----they followed Jesus they experienced all that they did and still it shows how Powerful and Crafty Satan can be to go after our Faith and draw us back into that worldly way of thinking keeping us in bondage to our Old Nature ---No True Christian is safe from Satan ----We have to work hard to keep the weeds our of our Garden so they don't choke our Faith -----James and Peter allowed the weeds in to choke their experience and Faith with Jesus as followers ------and Pride took over ------

unsafe says ---Very Important lesson here Folks

Worth contemplating that Jesus' closest associates often questioned Him, misunderstood, and made various errors along the way.

And why does Mark seek so often to put the disciples in a poor light? What about this early community found value in the disciples - those who were left behind as keepers of the Wisdom after Jesus died - being advertised as constantly not understanding, jockeying for position, not having enough faith, etc.

And why does Mark seek so often to put the disciples in a poor light? What about this early community found value in the disciples - those who were left behind as keepers of the Wisdom after Jesus died - being advertised as constantly not understanding, jockeying for position, not having enough faith, etc.

Perhaps it is simply the case that they didn't understand, that they did jockey for position, that they didn't have enough faith.

Maybe it hearkens back to Jesus saying He came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Perhaps the disciples are being shown in a human light rather than a poor one.

Back