Choir! Choir! Choir!

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

A lively performance of a pop classic:

And guess who led the singing of the national anthem at the Grey Cup:

Tributes to fallen artists seem, sadly, to be a big part of C!C!C!'s repetoire. Not surprisingly, they have paid tribute to the late Dolores O'Riordan by revisiting a Cranberries classic that they have covered once before.

Besides "Linger" they also covered "Zombie" a couple years ago.

We did a Gene McLellan's Snowbird, David Myles When It Comes My Turn and Gordon Lightfoot's Song for a Winter's Night ... at Fredericton's Shimmering Songs at Frosty Fest; one on outdoor stage and one performance in Seeler's home church later in the Eve ... grand fun ...

We did a Gene McLellan's Snowbird, David Myles When It Comes My Turn and Gordon Lightfoot's Song for a Winter's Night ... at Fredericton's Shimmering Songs at Frosty Fest; one on outdoor stage and one performance in Seeler's home church later in the Eve ... grand fun ...

Nice selections, at least the two I know. I will have to look up the one by Myles. I know his music but that title doesn't ring a bell.

Tis bouncy ... like one trying to laugh through the oncoming crap ... I understand he wrote it around the time of his dads death ... his mum and dad being part of my graduating class ...

When graduating from HS ... none-the-less ... where I remained an unseen ... compared to the others ... alternate upbringing in relative resources ...

One parent was Catholic and the other was Baptist ... really caused a weal at that time and cranked the unknown ... emotions?

We know less about emotions than we do the mind ... and that's really strange ... people don't like to go there ... they pale at the thought! ... Thus Lighter Shade of Pale ! Quite a story behind that production ...

C!C!C! kicked off the year with the lively, if nonsensical, party song Tub Thumping. A song that requires singing with mucho gusto.

One element from the original that I wish they'd worked in: a trumpet playing Jeremiah Clarke's Trumpet Voluntary in the background of the last part.

I am not that familiar with Frank Turner other than knowing his name. Apparently, though, he has heard of C!C!C! According to the description, he approached them about doing one of his songs with them. And the outcome has me thinking it's time to check out Frank Turner. It's a terrific song.

From a couple weeks ago:

Could there possibly be a better tribute to Gord Downie than a crowd of fans singing one of his songs accompanied by two members of The Hip?

CCC are pretty busy these days. Last week's entry is a cover of an Elton John classic from their regular venue at Clinton's Tavern.

Just back from the sunny South and I find C!C!C! singing my vacation theme song.

No, I didn't go to Kokomo but the first island they mention is Aruba where I did spend a day on my recent cruise.

Some songs seem to me to be solo songs, not really amenable to the C!C!C! treatment. And sometimes, they prove me wrong. Like this one

Would you ever go sing with them @Mendalla ?

If I was in the area on the right night, why not? The worst case scenario would be Dan and Nobu dragging me out and threatening to beat me senseless if I ever tried to sing again.:eek::oops::)

You knew this would lead to another self-deprecating joke about my bad singing, didn't you?

It is an interesting phenomenon i think. In this day, when people have dropped the social aspects of belonging to church, never talk on the phone, watch movies alone on computers........ people are reaching out for social interaction

Not just this choir. It is something spreading to lots of choirs. I know the choir in our church is likely double the size when we first joined. At least a third are under 35 , visually at least

People want and need social interaction. And they want to be creative

I think we have taken many missteps over the past decade or two. The various social things; church, rotary, lions clubs, choirs, bridge clubs, ........ are missing

My son participâtes in this on line house league sports group in Toronto. It’s a fabulous idea. He pays , I think $100. He is part of a team of ex camp counsellors. Tu you can also join as a single and be a permanent sub

Each week he gets an email, go to this school or park, the game is this. You play at this time

They play sports like volley ball, basketball and base ball but also things like frisbee football, dodgeball,

He says it’s an absolute blast and after the teams grab a drink ..........

A return to some casual fun evenings of team sports that aren’t too structured. Pick up hockey is a big game lately too. People just want to play and connect

We go to the PUB Sing to make MU' s IHC with levity ... even though some state it is un-spiritual ... lacking physical essence?

Back