Ukraine war again

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

jimkenney12

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Now that Russian forces are on the east side of the Dnieper River, it would be a good time for Ukraine to request peace talks. While this would go against the goals of NATO and Zelensky, it would be best for most Ukrainians. Now that Ukraine is no longer a democracy, it would be easy for Canada to say no more support until democracy is restored in Ukraine and encourage Zelensky to rein in his ambitions and negotiate for peace.

I wish Canada would back off of supporting Ukraine until it reverses it's anti democratic acts. But Chrystia Freeland is regarded by some as a Ukrainian nationalist and would probably oppose this kind of action.

And that's the news I as dreading to hear. Alleged Russian missiles killed 2 in Poland, the nearest NATO member to the fighting. Likely a mess up rather than a deliberate attack, but Zelensky is milking it hard to get more support from NATO. No WWIII yet, but I will be interested to see where this leads.

I’m not interested to see it lead anywhere tbh :confused: it doesn’t sound like it could lead anywhere good.

Do the Ukrainian forces, or any allies joining them, use any previously bought Russian made artillery? Biden says he doesn’t think it was fired from Russia. Who else could’ve fired it? Russian troops in an occupied eastern town, or somebody else?

Do the Ukrainian forces, or any allies joining them, use any previously bought Russian made artillery? Biden says he doesn’t think it was fired from Russia. Who else could’ve fired it? Russian troops in an occupied eastern town, or somebody else?
Also possibility of Ukrainians doing it - accidentally or purposely send it that way and attempting to blame Russians.

They closed all media outlets critical of the government. They banned all leftist and centrist political parties that did not support them. Last spring they passed legislation taking away the rights of workers. The only parties left are supporters of Zelensky including Neo Nazis

The urge to win is supreme no matter where you are ...

I am questioned about thinking about suicide and martyrdom by medical people (because of procedures and pharms.) ... why would anonymous and separate isolated people not hink of how people compose collected thoughts about winning characters in a just and humble manner of going down to hell and assisting the stoking of blazes and flares ...

At that we go on relief and recess ... a back out move? Grits too evolve in the winds otherwise unseen ...

This "mistake" with Poland probably wasnt a mistake for whoever sent those missiles....
I am so grateful for those taking the time to figure it out.
Strangely, it was Germanys Blitzkrieg strategy on Poland that started the second world war.

Poles have stood much abuse through time ... and many knock downs ...

Just because the bullies believed ...

Is there any doubt? Intellect must stay out of sight ...

That sounds suspicious, a way to get NATO more involved?
That's a possibility, but a remote one. Zelensky must realize that he also risks pissing NATO or at least Poland off with a stunt like that if it is discovered. The fact is, air defense missiles don't always hit their target. So, a stray is definitely a clear possibility here and is probably the most likely scenario.

That's a possibility, but a remote one. Zelensky must realize that he also risks pissing NATO or at least Poland off with a stunt like that if it is discovered. The fact is, air defense missiles don't always hit their target. So, a stray is definitely a clear possibility here and is probably the most likely scenario.
That it was only 6km within the Polish border, definitely a possibility. Curious what they were aiming for, were there Russian troops nearby on the Ukraine side?

That it was only 6km within the Polish border, definitely a possibility. Curious what they were aiming for, were there Russian troops nearby on the Ukraine side?
Russia launched a wave of air and missile attacks against infrastructure yesterday. I imagine they were targeting aircraft or incoming missiles from that strike.

They closed all media outlets critical of the government. They banned all leftist and centrist political parties that did not support them. Last spring they passed legislation taking away the rights of workers. The only parties left are supporters of Zelensky including Neo Nazis
I was unaware of the party banning, thanks for those details.
I can understand a lot of democratic processes being suspended considering the situation. Not sure how media should be handled as I do think media is important but I can also understand some major restrictions with that too. It's too far though.

Like that's ever been a reason for the US and allies to stop supporting a government (cf. Saudi Arabia, Chile under Pinochet, etc.).

Back