Take a knee

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Gord didn't insult you. You didn't seem to get the, to most of us, very clear meaning of the screenshot he posted so he put some emphasis in his response to make sure you got the point. No insult there that I can see.

No. The truth is that none of you want to see any insult targeted at me because you all hate me so. Have a nice life Mendalla. You're one of the most decent posters here though obviously you also have blinders on.

See you around the Interwebs folks. You can all find someone else to hate, pick on, insult and scapegoat. Jae out.

I was quite willing to apologise if only I knew what the problem was. As Jae isn't prepared to tell me how I insulted him I must guess that he was just stirring the pot.

If kimmio or Bette were cops and one of them shot a man, a little investigation of WC2 would give you strong evidence that they could have done it because they actually hate men.

I find that very offensive. Don't know about Kimmio. I don't hate ALL men. I give a whole pile of them a pretty wide berth because of their repeated behaviour. PG13, you can yack and yack and yack and yack, but what a lot of men DO is what gives a lot of women PAUSE. Just for your information, I was married for 13 years, have been in a relationship with a nice old Hippie guy that has lasted 23 years. I have men friends, male relatives, and I'm not known as 'man hater', as much as a pretty pointed feminist.

As Margaret Atwood so succinctly states, "Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them." FACT.

I wanna know what you think we should do about these young white male "incels", who seem to think that murdering people with guns because their desires weren't met to their personal satisfaction is an option. The "right" should be making death penalty noises, but they seem strangely silent on the issue of young white men shooting up places. Castration of a select few strikes me as a way to deal with the testosterone problem without resorting to institutional murder. So, if you've been stalking a young woman for 4 months to no avail, and you decide that her punishment for "defying your desire" is murder, I'm suggesting it's kinder if we select castration versus state murder as a penalty. What would you prefer? Death or castration?

Oh, please. One incident doesn't prove a thing.
But it is a common alt-right tactic: Find someone on the other side who went too far, and exploit that data point as much as possible.

"Forget the actual policy discussion, did you see what THIS lady did?!?!?!?!?"

And their audience will laugh and point and share on social media.

No. The truth is that none of you want to see any insult targeted at me because you all hate me so. Have a nice life Mendalla. You're one of the most decent posters here though obviously you also have blinders on.

See you around the Interwebs folks. You can all find someone else to hate, pick on, insult and scapegoat. Jae out.
I'll take Wednesday.

Police officers are persons first. Some show remarkable commitment to the hope of a free and peaceful culture. Others display behaviours quite contrary to this hope. The deep root of racism promulgated by enlightened Europeans is evident among police officers as in persons serving every manner of institution. We privileged white persons do well in examining the ideas by which we are being governed.

Dr Peterson thread? For just a taste.

If kimmio or Bette were cops and one of them shot a man, a little investigation of WC2 would give you strong evidence that they could have done it because they actually hate men.

If you are going to accuse a cop of killing a black man because he is black, then you should have some sort of evidence like that to support it.

Cops don’t like shooting people, it potentially ends your career.
i think i grok what you're writing here
you don't actually think that those 2 hate men?*
you r illustrating a point in regards to US cops being racist and evidence?

*while i can't see into their hearts i think the both of them are decent fellow human beings

Last edited:
Police often seek approval for getting tough on racial groups, protesters... I well remember a policeman I knew (I was working at the time with street gangs - which, interestingly, were the source of many police recruits). He used to talk enthusiastically about getting tough with demonstrators even when they were quiet. He called them "s**t-disturbers". (Later, he would start a business with his partner. He took the partner took look at a remote piece of land that was for sale. His partner got out of the car, and went into the trees to check things out. My cop stayed in the car. There was a bang. The partner did not reappear.

The worlds of crime and law often overlap.

Frankie was a young man living in a small community hosted by Grace Memorial United Church. About a dozen persons doing tricks to buy crack.

One morning Frankie was missing. He was a good communicator and his disappearance concerned us. Frankie returned in the evening of the next day. Hungry and exhausted. Refreshed and fed he told us what happened.

Frankie had been forced into a police car by two officers. No reason was given. He was driven twenty minutes from the city along an infrequently travelled road. And abandoned there.

This is just one story from my experience. There are many more.

I lived in a neighbourhood with cops ... the array was disturbing ... some of them completely awry about keeping the piece ...

Waterfall said:
Wondering if Jae took this personally?

To be candid, the corruption of the original does allow this to be used as an insult.

It is a play on a Clinton 1992 campaign point which was, at origin rendered as, "the economy, stupid." It was an internal document and as such it was calling members of the campaign stupid if they forgot about the economy.

The reminder was taken out of context and the word "It's" was added in commentary where it very much becomes a pejorative.

So a personal reminder to Clinton to remember the economy was transformed into an attack on others for not knowing about the economy.

Further morphology allows economy to be replaced with whatever flavour of the day one is appealing to. Used aloud it is not a reminder to the speaker not to forget whatever the flavour of the day it becomes a way to beat on an opponent.

Intention helps. It doesn't completely mitigate the insult. Looking at the offending meme I find it does a better job conveying the sentiment without the final phrase.

It may be that many of us are so familiar with the comment that we no longer see it for what it actually is.

I don't think it was Gord's intent to call Jae stupid. Certainly not difficult to see that Jae would feel that the meme insult was specific to him.

I don't think it was Gord's intent to call Jae stupid. Certainly not difficult to see that Jae would feel that the meme insult was specific to him.

Could Jae see that? perhaps not in blind faith that he already knows all he needed to know of eternal terms ... a limited vision?

This appears to be beyond a lot of establishment folks ... well-fixed? Then there are those that are not ... just not to be given the avarice ...

Luce NDs said:

Could Jae see that?

I think that sometimes we have competing myopeia reinforced by theory of mind.

We may not always see insults directed at Jae.

Jae may see insult where none is offered.

That speaks to the myopeia.

Just because I know something it does not follow that someone else knows something.

That is the theory of mind.

Here they combine in such a way that conflict happens

I think that sometimes we have competing myopeia reinforced by theory of mind.

We may not always see insults directed at Jae.

Jae may see insult where none is offered.

That speaks to the myopeia.

Just because I know something it does not follow that someone else knows something.

That is the theory of mind.

Here they combine in such a way that conflict happens

*chuckle* then one has to accept the Deus ... as someone having a two way mind ... intellectual emotions ... or emotional intellect ... not a mono theist? These may be separated by a veil ... a thin dark fabric ...

MOG that Vasti system will confuse the best of mortals ... and still opposes Nazi-sm ... alas but still just a few words in the vast string ....

Are Minaus System like the bull of Minas ... just small boule ...

While in the boule can one see insults where delivered ... and not see those distributed to the alternate?

One has to step out a bit as an outlandish soul to see even a small bit of it ...

Back