Movies you'd like to see

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Good movie!!!! American Gospel - Christ Alone.

Targets prosperity gospel and does a really good job. I still haven’t actually watched it, but have listened to it about 4 times during my walks.

I am thinking I will buy ten copies to give away to people I know are turned off to Christianity because their only exposure to it is TV evangelists.

Where is it available, Pontifex? Might want to give it a boo myself.

Imagine what's festering under the prosperity lined up for the benefit of a rare bunch of law maqon folks!

Illumination without the benefit of curiosity about the cause can be dangerous as a modern romantic sensationalist ...

Sanctimonious sense of old protocol without dreams of beta Erin it ...

Ya know, I've been thinking that I haven't even opened Netflix in a week or two. Maybe I should switch to Prime for a while, although Amazon's sharing behaviour has me a bit alarmed.

Ya know, I've been thinking that I haven't even opened Netflix in a week or two. Maybe I should switch to Prime for a while, although Amazon's sharing behaviour has me a bit alarmed.

Only a week and a half until Good Omens. :cool: Early reviews based on screenings they've been doing in theaters of the first couple episodes have been highly positive.

Ditto Godzilla.

Damn this is going to be a good month.

And all the bad omens may be denied as a weak prayer ... thus corrupting the myth of mind if you can conjure up a point 've thought ... V NU's!

Tis in the gulch, or a notch in other arid domains ... box canyon? Ghost Riders in the Eire ... they go oest west ... as chit or exchange of freedom from crowds ... and what do they do ... flat bred ...

There's been a lot of stewing about the look of the movie version of the musical Cats but I like it. I am a huge fan of the show to start with (singing and dancing felines, what's not to like?) so maybe I am a bit biased, but I am in for this. And it's Tom Hooper directing, who did a bang-up job on Les Miserables, his previous shot at a musical. And Jennifer Hudson singing Memory.

There's been a lot of stewing about the look of the movie version of the musical Cats but I like it. I am a huge fan of the show to start with (singing and dancing felines, what's not to like?) so maybe I am a bit biased, but I am in for this. And it's Tom Hooper directing, who did a bang-up job on Les Miserables, his previous shot at a musical. And Jennifer Hudson singing Memory.

Saw this in Toronto when I was in my late 20's with my Dad.....I wasn't impressed.....even though I read T.S. Elliot prior to going..maybe I'll give it another go.

This morning CBC radio had a professor from Norway talking (sorry can't remember his name) about the Lion King being about a fascist society (human) It was very interesting if anyone gets a chance to bring it up (from the CBC website.) I must confess, I never saw it this way until it was brought forward today.

Gosh it's 45 Minutes, can you break it down? I've seen Roots years ago....
No you don’t need to watch it. But if someone has not seen roots, it may entice them to get Roots. I just listened to it while preparing dinner. I have the series on DVD and will watch it this fall again.
You would see though, that even though they were abused tortured killed raped, every horrible thing imaginable, they do not now hold it against some later generation just because of their colour. Because racism is a bad thing.

Saw this in Toronto when I was in my late 20's with my Dad.....I wasn't impressed.....even though I read T.S. Elliot prior to going..maybe I'll give it another go.

Whereas my mind was well and truly blown by my first listen to the original cast album. Didn't see it until a few years later when a touring company came through Kitchener, but I was hooked. There was a video of a stage production back in the VHS days that I owned, too. And,.of course, I bought Eliot's book.

Whereas my mind was well and truly blown by my first listen to the original cast album. Didn't see it until a few years later when a touring company came through Kitchener, but I was hooked. There was a video of a stage production back in the VHS days that I owned, too. And,.of course, I bought Eliot's book.

Time can do that to yah ... gives the unknown story a different perspective as attributive! Then roots of Africa as as a mysterious contentment until European powers turtled it ninja's of unfair nature! God was said to be the pneumas that uprooted the stumped ...

Where is LGK when needed for a breath of the dark pool? Tunnel vision is so confining as the entrance to the Baltic through that restriction between Stockholm and Copenhagen ...

One has to wonder about the Hagen'dass portion as kohl metaphorically! The cream surfaces ... with red Ayres ...

Some are dared to look into Ide ... others wouldn't go there as against further development of dis ole ... tis disheartening! Complexity grows unconsciously! Thus voids in de memes ... flat out meme braen ... onion's kin? Much buried in the layers ...

A sample from the VHS release of the stage production. I am eager to see what the film does with this huge production number.

You would see though, that even though they were abused tortured killed raped, every horrible thing imaginable, they do not now hold it against some later generation just because of their colour. Because racism is a bad thing.

I saw the series, originally, on TV, and was impressed by both the historical accuracy, and the lack of grudges felt by the family.

However, as much as we'd like to be all nice-nice-we're-good-now about historical American racism (and Roots was a particular story about a particular slice of American history), there are so many other realities of history of which we're unaware. I think poignantly of a book of poetry by George Elliot Clarke entitled Crucifixion Poems, which details the hanging of Africville men in Nova Scotia.

I'm just not sure why you'd deny the right of people to be righteously pissed off at their treatment, historically and today.

There are hundreds of men on Death Row in the United States today. Historically, and today, their complexion has been overwhelmingly not-white (black or Latino largely). Death Row is contemporary lynching.

I saw the series, originally, on TV, and was impressed by both the historical accuracy, and the lack of grudges felt by the family.

However, as much as we'd like to be all nice-nice-we're-good-now about historical American racism (and Roots was a particular story about a particular slice of American history), there are so many other realities of history of which we're unaware. I think poignantly of a book of poetry by George Elliot Clarke entitled Crucifixion Poems, which details the hanging of Africville men in Nova Scotia.

I'm just not sure why you'd deny the right of people to be righteously pissed off at their treatment, historically and today.
I’m not.

Back