Who’s to Blame for the Riots? Sermon by John MacArthur

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

unsafe

I am just posting parts of this Sermon by John MacArthur--read all yourselves if interested --

“Who’s to blame for the riots?”

It is because our God is faithful that we fully trust Him. He is faithful to His nature, faithful to His word, faithful to His promise, and never varies. In that faithfulness we have found our rest and our security. Now obviously, it comes to me today to speak to all of you who are listening with a view toward the current issues that all of us are very much aware of. And so I mentioned earlier in the week that I would like to pose the question this morning, and the question is, “Who’s to blame for the riots?” That’s the question, and to answer that from the Scripture, from the Word of God.

We are obviously living in very bizarre times that have produced massive fear and confusion. On top of that, our society is drowning in a sea of lies, lies about virtually everything, and lies on top of fear and confusion create an almost fatal insecurity and a devastating chaos. We have little confidence in believing what politicians say or what health officials say or what social activists say or what university professors say or what media says or, frankly, what religious leaders say. We have been lied to so constantly. And there is One to whom we can turn and always hear the truth: that is to the living God who has revealed Himself on the pages of Scripture, the one true living God. And Scripture says, “Let God be true and every man a liar.” God is the God of truth. The Son of God is the way, the truth, and the life. “Satan, the prince of this world,” – said Jesus in John 8:44 – “is a murderer and a liar.” And the whole world lies in the lap of the Evil One, and is therefore bent on killing and lying.

Humanity leans in the direction of calling evil good and good evil, substituting darkness for light, light for darkness, substituting bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. This is the nature of all of us, to believe lies, to follow the father of lies, to overturn right and wrong, and the current situation in which we live is just another historic manifestation and picture of the perversion of humanity.

You can’t shop in a store, but you can loot it. You can’t work, but you’re free to steal. You can’t attend church, but you can burn it down. You can’t eat in a restaurant, but you can demolish it. Now we’re seeing charges being brought in these riots, not against the rioters, but against the police. We see leaders who totally control the weak with fear of the flu, but can’t control the strong because they’re afraid. And by the way, if you worship the god of anger, the god of hate, or the god of vengeance, you can have church anywhere, anytime, indoors or outdoors, without any rules.

We need the truth, and the truth is in the Word of God. It’s not my task nor my interest to give you any human opinion, mine or anybody else’s, but you do need to hear from God. I want to help you to understand who’s to blame. We’ll start in Romans chapter 3, Romans chapter 3 and verse 10. Here we have a summation of human nature.

I say -----This goes on and is worth the read ----John MacArthur mentions Romans 3 verses 10 -18 as a summation of the human nature --so I am posting The verses here -----

No One Is Righteous
9 What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. 10 As it is written:

“There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.

12 All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”[b]

13 “Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit.”[c]
“The poison of vipers is on their lips.”[d]

14 “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”[e]

15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 ruin and misery mark their ways,

17 and the way of peace they do not know.”[f]
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”[g]

I say ---This is My view ---------This World is in Crisis and Chaos we humans are not capable of fixing what we have created -----God is the only one who can fix this mess -----Romans 3 does say it well for me as to what is wrong with this world today ------

So in the John's first Paragraph he asks this question ------- I would like to pose the question this morning, and the question is,Who’s to blame for the riots?”

I ask
----how would you personally answer this question ? ---

We have little confidence in believing what politicians say or what health officials say or what social activists say or what university professors say or what media says or, frankly, what religious leaders say.

Interesting that he would slip this in the middle. You see, I don't believe what politicians or social activists or media (especially, on the for-profit end) and definitely not what religious leaders might say about anything, because they're all in the business of "opinions". However, health activists and university professors (depending on their specialization) are in the business of "facts". I think it's disingenuous, perhaps dishonest, to lump all those things together.
I would like to pose the question this morning, and the question is,Who’s to blame for the riots?”

Here, we could just stop with the famous Occam's Razor, the most obvious answer. If police forces (based largely in "Western Christian Culture"; sub-culture, America) could just stop themselves from murdering brown/black/indigenous people, in broad daylight, with cameras running, we'd be all good. Or at least better. Why do these people spend so much time defending the indefensible?

who is to blame? The John MacArthurs of this world,who are very white, and who have nothing better to do than judging others, denying the existence of racism, throwing bible verses at people and abusing God as an excuse to do nothing about the injustice going on in their neighbourhoods.

Amen.

“Who will rise up for me against the evildoers?
"Who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?”

I will put forward the category "police departments" (some worse than others) as "evildoers". I will put forward the disproportionate dollars they receive compared to mental health supports as "iniquity".

'High Court' judicial oversight of the system perpetually allows 'peace officers' to use violence with impunity.

The riots are an outcry over that 'qualified immunity'.

But the decisions about prosecution are totally "on the ground". The bad behaviour is on the ground. This is not spiritual; this is systemic racism, very embarrassingly supported by some institutional religious groups.

The Supreme Court recognized qualified immunity 50 years ago to protect government officials from frivolous lawsuits. Police have said the doctrine ensures they can make split-second decisions in dangerous situations without worrying about being sued later. Critics have said the doctrine too often lets police brutality go unpunished.

Reuters published an investigation on May 8 that showed how qualified immunity, with the Supreme Court’s continual refinements, has made it easier for police to kill or injure civilians with impunity.

Does the attribute of "evildoer" depend on position on either side of the medium?

Face it ... in the trumped up visions ... we are all evildoers one way or the other with the denial of broaderlines brought on by narrower visions!

Thus streaks ... a flash of white lightning! Folks quick to grasp authority?

The loony left.
Trump. His mishandling of covid cost the lives of too many people of colour in poor neighbourhoods. His callousness about universal healthcare, his constant praise for heavy handed policing and photo ops with police departments to send a message that he's "the Law". His indifference to anything but his own ratings. His failure until now to do anything about police reform or acknowledge the disproportionate killings of black folks by police. His "good people on both sides" comments after a Klan (a united the white supremacists) rally where a protester got murdered by a white supremacist. He showed struggling black communities that he wasn't listening to them but he was counting on votes from racists.

Last edited:
PG 13, we are all adults/ I think we all have normal to above average IQs. I don't think that reducing a complex issue involving systemic militarization of one group in a society, and systemic "racism", as a metaphor for all of the "other-isms", like homo- and transphobia, sexism, able-ism, in the same society, is served by reducing the argument to two sides - red and blue and never the twain shall meet. Doesn't dignify the one who so argues, and doesn't dignify the argument.

I don't see any real point in engaging with you on this level, so if you wanna go talk Dick and Jane meet Spot, have fun playing with yourself.

Back