Where are you spending Christmas?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

crazyheart

Rest In Peace: tomorrow,tomorrow
I am moving this from Secret Santa thread.

My family will all be together on Christmas Eve at my Grand daughters in their

new house. There will be quite a few of us with all the

traditions. Travelling from Saskatoon and Moose Jaw, my son and family.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Calgary with Chemguy's family, home with mine with some time being spent at my sister's. Parents will stay here, I hope they have a key - we might end up passing in Red Deer.
Chemguy's family, I think we are the only ones traveling although his brother isn't one to really share plans, so he may be traveling the same as us.

Jae

December 24...

Morning - At my home church here in Toronto. I am preaching. Afterward will no doubt go out for lunch with my mom and at least a couple of friends.

Afternoon - At home working on my major cumulative project.

Night - At home opening gifts with my mom, Yobo, youngest son, and ward.

December 25...

Morning and afternoon - At home working on my major cumulative project.

Night - At my sister Susannah's in Oakville for our annual family Christmas party.

Carolla

wondering & wandering
We'll be here at home. I'm ushering at the 5pm service on Xmas eve, then home for dinner with our son & his gf who will stay overnight. Later on Xmas eve will skype chat with my daughter, to jointly read "Twas the Night Before Xmas" as is our tradition together. Xmas morning to open stockings & gifts. Mid afternoon our friends will join us with their kids who are 7 and 11 - they always spend Xmas day & dinner with us but last year they were travelling in India & we missed them a lot. Vegetarian dinner feast, some good wine & probably some games after that until the kids are exhausted & heading home. Looking forward to it.

chansen

Pleasant Enough

Good for you. Enjoy it.

We'll be here in Nobleton on Christmas morning. We will share it with close family friends. Then we'll head north to my parent's place, where we will park the car for two weeks while my daughter trains and I see what little Zach can do now.

I think we'll skip church this year.

Waterfall

Christmas Eve with my daughter's family and one son in Stratford after going to a Christmas Eve service at 5. Staying over for Christmas day and opening presents. Maybe go tobogganing with the grand kids if the weather permits. Probably head home sometime in the late afternoon. Not having a great feast until Dec. 30th in Welland, where the whole family will gather.

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
I think we'll skip church this year.

Shocking...... :ROFLMAO::love:

We will be sticking around home. We will be having Christmas dinner with friends. Our friends usually have a bunch of us over. She cooks turkey and potatoes, and everyone else brings the rest of the meal. We'll be bringing roast veggies and cookies. Okay, that sounded like they will be in one dish. Two separate items. :barefoot:

Luce NDs

Tis a politically incorrect question ... and appears as a stalking line ...

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
I'm avoiding the old guy's family completely this year, as they traditionally drive me nuts and I let them do it.

My daughter's mother-in-law type has become something of a family friend, and hosts her boys for a Chinese Dinner Christmas Day suppertime. They're local, it's a nice walk, if a bit long-ish. I'm making a trifle, bringing a bottle of wine and joining them. She's already had an early Christmas dinner here with my oldest son, my sister, the old guy, etc.

Greywolf336

Christmas Eve we are having dinner with the bf’s mom, dad and Nana. I believe the plan is ham. I’m leaving the bf there and heading to my parents’ house to visit since my uncle is home from out west. Mom and I are going to some church service though we haven’t settled on where, my family is currently taking a break from our own church. When I get home the bf and I will probably go do a short drive to look at Christmas lights but that might depend on how much the visit with his family wears him out. We will definitely watch A Christmas Story.

Christmas Day I will go do my parents’ again for brunch. My mom’s side of the family will come, at least one set of aunt and uncle and my two cousins with their families. My cousin had a baby at the end of November so I will be meeting him for the first time. I don’t think my brother and his girlfriend will be there, I think they are with her family. They will be at my parents’ for dinner but am coming home. I’m not liking the fact that I’m not seeing my brother on Christmas!

After brunch the bf and I will open our gifts and spend the rest of the day relaxing and likely watching Christmas movies. I am planning in doing our turkey on Saturday and having leftovers on Christmas so I am not spending the day cooking for just the two of us.

Parents', and other parents'...24th and 25th respectively...and hopefully some of it, a few hours, at home by myself. (Yup, I did just say that. Wow.) so I can make a couple of phone calls in peace and quiet, and just chill a bit. Maybe watch a movie. Because Christmas is stressful, generally.

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
24 th- phoning Germany in a.m, pizza for lunch with junior and daughter in cl at my house and gift unwrapping. Taking former neighbour in wheelchair to her baptist church for service- first thought just to drop her off, but I guess I will sit through it.
christmas day supper at friends house ( they have been inviting us over ever since we came to Canada, 19 years now) and boxing day at my other friends house. Weather is supposed to be messy- they can't decide yet if it will be a rain or a snow storm on Saturday and what will follow it.....

Seeler

Christmas eve day - Greeting at church at our regular service - also reading scripture
Christmas eve - 7:00 pm worship with family (Seelergirl, Pete, both grandchildren, a niece); then quiet evening for Seelerman and me.

Christmas day - coffee and stockings at home - then out to Seelergirl's for gift opening and brunch with her family before grandkids leave for their father's place.
Home for rest - and to give Seelergirl and Pete some time for themselves
Back to their place to join them and Pete's mother and sister + for CChristmas dinner (I'm taking squash and cranberries)
Home again early evening. (They live about 20 or 25 minutes away.)
Boxing day - probably cook our turkey, and have a friend who lives alone join us.

Sometime over Christmas Seelerboy will phone us from Korea where he will celebrate with x-pats.

Luce NDs

Started the lighter celebration in the dark this AM ... solstice with a Frozen Group ... singing for beta seasons at the time ... a Kohl 17 below ... for those that think it can't get lower ... it kahn ! Some cool Freud ... that chilling upended swirl and heat escapes ...

Entropy is thus demonstrated ... as "S" ... equivalent to Q/T ... but a curios relationship ... some cannot relate to such alchemy ...

Nancy

Hosting a Christmas Eve finger-food feast at our house; people come and go (some to various Christmas Eve services); morning trip to daughter's house in Michigan, back to have supper with sister and family. Both sons and their girlfriends will tag along...Nice to have them home.