What would Jesus be?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
Just responded to the most fascinating question. "So, back in the day, Jesus was a carpenter. What modern-day job would he have now instead?" (forgive the awkward phrasing; not mine).

A mental constructionist to assist abstract! Thus epiphanies ...

These are a rare group in the Magi Fore^st! Where thoughts unravel ... there are powers that deny such things as they hinder free emotions!

We can't have that in reality ... thus the uncertainty about unreal numbers as Π a capital thought!

Psyche was disposed to being denied and thus eliminated years ago ... as great thoughts frightened those with huge aspirations ... extensive breaths and thus ruag winds ... a specialty of LGK! He investigated psychotic states ... as in hypnotics!

Well Jesus being Jesus would probably take a look at our world and want to save us.
He would probably survive on donations and buy a plane. Eventually a TV show so he could reach more people.
And we would all make fun of him.

That reminds me of a song....

That does pose a paradox for those that accept that there are mental conflicts in their mind over the virtue of mental and physical wealth!

Perhaps why some must believe that Jesus was physical for them to justify, sanctify and save their thoughts in a difficult place ... a human situation!

Expect that the hierarchy will fail to make a decision on the reality of such unreal complexity that mixes the natural world with thoughts that real folk state are unnatural and as out of here as intelligence ... just observe what goes on about us ... is it a rational world?

Consider the give and take functions of the Golden Rule and what was disposed and eliminated by stoic power of reality ...

Maybe the Ephraim or E-frame of an electromagnetic brain field that is sort of wispy in nature as an unseen without ironic filings ... way out!

Some real fine teacher or Rabid learner once said all intelligence is best hid in a story, myth or other legend as great powers of earth discourage the populace from knowing what goes on off camera! Explains dark camera mystery of the bicameral nature ... seen best from the other side of the veil separating natural from dreamt existence! From here life really gets difficult ... one big step ... into knowing greater things than claiming to and just not having what it takes ...

Last edited:
Well, carpenters are skilled tradespeople today, so if you want to stick to that theme, maybe a refugee of some nationality whose father is an electrician or plumber? And likely not a Jew or Christian. Probably a Muslim or Sikh or something.

Really, though, I suspect they would come in a most unexpected way and people expecting a rerun of the 1st century CE appearance are just as misguided as those expecting them to come down in glory from the clouds.

Perhaps a social media influencer with a sketchy or uncertain background of some kind. That would certainly give them an edge on communicating in the modern world.

And note what pronouns I use. No certainty of biological sex or gender identity here. Could be a non-binary biological woman for all we know.

He would be a Glorified Powerful Light that would make everyone shake in their boots and fall on their knees and plant their face in the ground -----that is what I think ------

1627058856505.png

He would be a Glorified Powerful Light that would make everyone shake in their boots and fall on their knees and plant their face in the ground -----that is what I think ------

View attachment 5341
So nothing like the Jesus we meet in th Gospels who was not that, who in fact often told people to say nothing about the deeds of power they had seen until the time was right.

Jesus of the Gospels came from an established faith tradition that he seemed to think needed a bit of renewal, especially when it came to living it out. He wanted to grab people's attention, too. He was not wealthy by any means.

How about a folk singer?

How about a folk singer?
Actually, I can kind of see that. A troubadour travelling around to festivals and cafes, with the parables and sermons as songs. The disciples are a mix of loyal fans and backing musicians. "Jesus as a folk singer" sounds like a great pitch to me.

Thinking about the crowds that go to folk festivals. Probably a lot like the ones that gathered at the seaside to hear Jesus speak.

I like the idea of a traveling folk singer. I think of people like Pete Seeger and Woody Guthrie, whose music and lyrics spread a message, and, more often than not, ticked off a lot of people in power. Seems a bit like what Jesus did.

Even a Messiah, without the divinity sorta claims. Jesus as the Moses of Christianity, for which there's a fair bit of substantiation in the biblical text.

View attachment 5341
Remember that Jesus is recorded as having been raised in what we might call a working class household. He likely learned the trade of Joseph. He was called the carpenter's son, was likely following in that trade, into his adult years.
Your 'answer' completely ignores and obscures his human life. Unless you are totally awed by woodworkers, and swoon at the sight of a hammer or saw, the response really doesn't fit the question asked.

Back