What Is God Asking You To Do?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Waterfall

Pronouns
She/Her/Her
This has been quite the unusual year with the pandemic and politics and on and on......

Have you felt God asking you to do something in one way or the other? Did you follow through or doubt it's God?
Maybe He just asked you to Be Still?
Is God "speaking" to you about something?

God is said to be everything by some observers ... imagine everything speaking to you at present! Would that be a racket that would lead the source to saying you need a break ... a flaw in the ironman's work called a holiday?

Thus the wisdom of God departs humans at rest and visions of the opposition occur ... I attempt to listen but sometimes chaos and anarchy develops in the environmental surround!

I wonder hoo's caused it; me or the opposition to my restful creations! They may find it restless mind syndrome ... from an opposite position!

Do what you can and know it will be flawed ... given what's missing and extracted as excised ... to death! It is taxing what is required to support double dipping ... and may occur in a black & white domain ... ask inking is extended! That's metaphor ... once known as perterbing pa*rabble!

Efforts of an n'th rated great grandfather ... recall the annith ... significant bloomers!

Do you think God still speaks to us in this day and age or does this fall under a category of "magical thinking" that doesn't resonate with us in our "modern" world?

IF there is a God, I see no reason for that God's speaking to us to have ended with the Biblical age. The Bahais and theistic UUs hold that God speaks through all traditions (though the Bahais do seem to see themselves as the end of that road but that's another discussion) so was speaking to people well before the "Biblical age" and right on down to today.

Pantheistically speaking, if God is All/Cosmos/Nature, then God speaks through all places, people, beings in all times.

This has been quite the unusual year with the pandemic and politics and on and on......

Have you felt God asking you to do something in one way or the other? Did you follow through or doubt it's God?
Maybe He just asked you to Be Still?
Is God "speaking" to you about something?

I believe God is constantly speaking.

I also believe that I fail at constantly hearing.

Not that we are keeping score.

There are times when we are called to stand firm. For me, this is one of those times. More like a season than a moment but this too shall pass. Standing firm because it is becoming well past obvious how untight our church family actually is. For months, to give them some sense of normalcy I have been live-streaming worship from their sanctuary completely alone. While I am a tremendous introvert I still believe worship is intended to be corporate and I do not believe I was called into ministry to function as one of the hermit desert father types. Our first face-to-face worship on world-wide Communion Sunday was such a blessed relief to not be alone while worshipping.

We are not worshipping weekly because in our estimation we simply do not have the resources to keep the sanctuary as safe as we possibly can. We are getting there, one more volunteer and we have enough teams for worship twice a month.

Even though we have been very clear and articulated many, many, many times that our new temporary normal will be once a month we still had members calling to reserve a spot for services that we were not having. Part of me is amused that they simply do not read the material we have been pushing at them, or watching the videos we made so they would not have to read what we were pushing at them. Part of me laments that we cannot be for them what they want at this time.

God is calling me to stand firm.

Not to cave on requests that would force us into what we believe would be less than safe practices.

Not to give up on what appears to be fruitless for so many.

To remain faithful and to provide ministry using tools that most of the congregation refuses to pick up until that day when we can return to something more familiar.

Standing firm was the first thing I was taught as a wrestler. So, in a world suddenly off-kilter in so many ways, it is time to pay attention to the fundamentals of the faith. So . . . here I stand, I can do naught other.

When God calls to step forward, sideways or back my feet will move then.

I believe God is constantly speaking.

I also believe that I fail at constantly hearing.

Not that we are keeping score.

There are times when we are called to stand firm. For me, this is one of those times. More like a season than a moment but this too shall pass. Standing firm because it is becoming well past obvious how untight our church family actually is. For months, to give them some sense of normalcy I have been live-streaming worship from their sanctuary completely alone. While I am a tremendous introvert I still believe worship is intended to be corporate and I do not believe I was called into ministry to function as one of the hermit desert father types. Our first face-to-face worship on world-wide Communion Sunday was such a blessed relief to not be alone while worshipping.

We are not worshipping weekly because in our estimation we simply do not have the resources to keep the sanctuary as safe as we possibly can. We are getting there, one more volunteer and we have enough teams for worship twice a month.

Even though we have been very clear and articulated many, many, many times that our new temporary normal will be once a month we still had members calling to reserve a spot for services that we were not having. Part of me is amused that they simply do not read the material we have been pushing at them, or watching the videos we made so they would not have to read what we were pushing at them. Part of me laments that we cannot be for them what they want at this time.

God is calling me to stand firm.

Not to cave on requests that would force us into what we believe would be less than safe practices.

Not to give up on what appears to be fruitless for so many.

To remain faithful and to provide ministry using tools that most of the congregation refuses to pick up until that day when we can return to something more familiar.

Standing firm was the first thing I was taught as a wrestler. So, in a world suddenly off-kilter in so many ways, it is time to pay attention to the fundamentals of the faith. So . . . here I stand, I can do naught other.

When God calls to step forward, sideways or back my feet will move then.

It is stated by some sages that many dictatorial authorities in the populace will not read into anything ... they just skim ...

In away it allows a grand chance for de coding of missals ... thus the Pa rabble ... another racket with the integral!

From OP ------What Is God Asking You To Do?

I say ----stand firm in His word ----do I follow through with that ---yes I do ---I am in His word every day reading and absorbing the message that is being revealed to me -----

Does God speak to me ---yes He definitely does -----and as time goes on I have learned that only when I am at peace within myself can I hear that still small voice -----so when the clutter of the day gets in my thoughts it chokes my peace and I know that it is time to see what the word says about what is robbing me of that peace ----

This I have learned also ------We have to learn to Rest in God ----- so what is that ----what does that mean ----may be good for a topic thread ---

I know ---that when we are focused on the business of the day ---God is resting in our lives --cause we shut Him out --------When we are able to focus on keeping the clutter of the day out --God can work in our lives cause we give Him access ---

Does light shine between the lines of black laws as writ?

Was Jesus as the light ... heavy into rules, in his subtle ways? He was a great fan of legal powers of the day??? Leaves me dazed ...

In such skimpy connections ... this distant voice could be said to be spatial!
I'm just learning a mindfulness practice as a beginner, as a way of strengthening those skimpy connections. I'll keep you posted.

I agree with the stand firm, but more than that. Eastern Ontario and Outaoais Regional Council had our Zoom Annual meeting yesterday day and today. The two mains points of discussion were responding to Covid and racism. On addition to standing firm, I am seeking opportunities to grow the ministry of Deep River Community Church.

Standing firm is not enough. We need to look around and look ahead.

I agree with the stand firm, but more than that. Eastern Ontario and Outaoais Regional Council had our Zoom Annual meeting yesterday day and today. The two mains points of discussion were responding to Covid and racism. On addition to standing firm, I am seeking opportunities to grow the ministry of Deep River Community Church.

Standing firm is not enough. We need to look around and look ahead.

More conflict ... fixated and expecting to turn ... human floss?

God is the voice at the heart of my being in the world. Early in life I could not hear the voice of God because my inner ear was tuned to the way of the world. When I put off the way of the world my inner ear turned to hear God’s voice within me. That voice leads me forward along the way of life. It promises me a future full to overflowing with well being in creation as in heaven.

Last edited:
Back