Weird cool SCIENCE! Stuff : The Return

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla-in-law

ninj

I just am
This is all over the news and most of you have likely seen the articles about the "Monolith".

This is the original find.

It disappeared and that was a mystery too, solved later. It's a thing. Two more as of this writing have appeared and one disappeared again. Quite a distraction.
Figure it was an art installation, at least the original one. A creative hoax.

Lot's more articles out there.

ninj

I just am
So it's an art installation after all. Cool. The Utah one may have been there since 2013. It's very remote desert. The Park Service removed it because it was concerned about the impact an influx of sightseers would do to the sensitive desert ecology. I get it.

Luce NDs

Hoo art putting these things out?????? Fars Ide'rs! Irish Rovers ...

Mendalla

So it's an art installation after all. Cool. The Utah one may have been there since 2013. It's very remote desert. The Park Service removed it because it was concerned about the impact an influx of sightseers would do to the sensitive desert ecology. I get it.
I'm glad to hear that's what happened. Having spent a summer vacation in that desert (I looked up the approximate location online and we drove fairly close to it) I agree with the Parks Service's concern. Those parks get a ton of traffic as it is and that is such beautiful country. One of my favorite parts of North America.

Weird. What kind of mythology is Trump (or someone working for him) trying to create?... was my first thought. It's curious that these aliens would only communicate with US and Israel, and have signed research agreements. Because of course other life forms from the core of Mars are all about research agreements with government officials from US and Israel and nobody else. I mean, give a space alien a pen - make that a Sharpie - and a paper contract containing interplanetary legalese - in American English - and who else are they going to sign with, right?

Totally bizarre. 2020 passed peak weirdness and keeps on climbing.

Last edited:
My inkling is that Trumpsters will fall for it first, because someone in Trump's circle/ earthly orbit intends that they do.

Trump's people could steal the script of Spaceballs to work into a national mythology, and his subjects would believe it.

Last edited:

Mendalla

My inkling is that Trumpsters will fall for it first, because someone in Trump's circle/ earthly orbit intends that they do.

Trump's people could steal the script of Spaceballs to work into a national mythology, and his subjects would believe it.
Trump as Dark Helmet, eh. I could almost get behind that.

dark helmet brother GIF

A farc side relativity? Right out of Farcase'n ... all can be warped in the dash to be better than the alternate ...
You think this is about hegemony? To be the first to supposedly officially recognize aliens, even if they're not real?

What about the human aliens/ migrants that get ignored and turned away?

Luce NDs

You think this is about hegemony? To be the first to supposedly officially recognize aliens, even if they're not real?

What about the human aliens/ migrants that get ignored and turned away?

Nothing stranger than the human psyche ... a mental disruption to the field of gravid stuff! With light we could look into that abstract domain ... however too many heavies!

Mendalla