• On Tuesday, November 24, the site will be down for c. 30 minutes sometime between 8pm and 10pm. That's about as precise a time as I can give. Our host is upgrading some of the software that underlies the site.

Weird cool SCIENCE! Stuff : The Return

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

ninj

I just am
Reaction score
Missed World Toilet Day by a day, but here's a very fascinating history of the toilets in Ancient Rome.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Reaction score
This looks to be up @ChemGal 's alley.
Beyond my comfort zone. I prefer to avoid really big/really small where many of the physics equations we use really fall apart. I like the range of molecules (although electrons do get considered with lots of chemistry) to planet. Throw in a bit of extra photon stuff and some basic QM, I did reasonable well with the physical side of chemistry/biochemistry when it didn't veer into the very theoretical. I can understand beyond that, but it's a big stretch and I think taking that into a research area would be too frustrating of a challenging level for me. I would also need strong computer skills!

I haven't heard much about the science of sand, but it doesn't surprise me, I did see a few presentations on the science of water.