We lost a Mythbuster

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Grant Imahara was an electrical engineer who really lived his dreams, working in Hollywood and on television rather than landing in a traditional engineering stronghold like Silicon Valley. He is best known as part of the "build team" from Mythbusters, where he teamed with Kari Byron and Tori Belleci on various projects to test myths and legends. Later, the three had their own series entitled White Rabbit on Netflix. Outside of that life, Grant applied his engineering skills to a variety of projects including being on robot wars teams, becoming a certified operator for R2-D2 in the Star Wars prequels, and working on the famous Energizer Bunny.

Sadly, Grant Imahara has taken his leave of the world at the too-young age of 49. RIP. Cause is reported to be a ruptured brain aneurysm, which is what took the life of one of my friends a decade or so ago.

Last edited:

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
His wiki mentions him getting engaged four years ago but nothing more is said about her there and she isn't mentioned in the articles I have read about his passing, so I am not sure if he was married or not.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
And he did a bit of acting, too, playing Enterprise helmsman Sulu in a fan-made Star Trek series called Star Trek Continues. He also acted in one of the Sharknado movies.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Reaction score
Awww with Mythbusters I always preferred Grant, Kari and Cory to Adam and Jamie. The 3 of them seemed to have a little more fun without needing extreme or dangerous stuff going on.

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
That was such a great show - always entertaining. Sad to hear of this death. Those anneurysms are dastardly & shocking things - sorry to hear of the death of your friend too Mendalla.

Lastpointe

Reaction score
Aneurysms are always so shocking because a seemingly healthy person just suddenly dies. Very sad

had a friend who had one burst but they had a warning of massive head ache as they were going to bed. 911. Ambulance resuscitated but he died of complications several months later

show was a fun one

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Aneurysms are always so shocking because a seemingly healthy person just suddenly dies. Very sad

had a friend who had one burst but they had a warning of massive head ache as they were going to bed. 911. Ambulance resuscitated but he died of complications several months later

show was a fun one
A woman who went to library school with Mrs. M and I and became a close family friend (and Little M's surrogate grandma*) survived her first one, only to be die from a repeat.

* My mother died years before he was born and Mrs. M's mother was in Shanghai so he didn't see her very often