Vaccine passports and the constitution

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I agree. It's merely another layer of protection. It's also an indication to me that the person is taking this seriously.
I wish overall that was the messaging. Even Rachel Notley, who I think has been doing a pretty good job throughout this is just like hey everyone get vaccinated - and there's not much else in terms of encouraging individuals to make safe decisions.

I do think the messaging is difficult though. The antivaxxers just use nuance to push the see, the vaccine doesn't work rhetoric. I wish the general population didn't rely so much on all or nothing thinking.

I do think the messaging is difficult though. The antivaxxers just use nuance to push the see, the vaccine doesn't work rhetoric. I wish the general population didn't rely so much on all or nothing thinking

There is way too much binary thinking lately.

I've seen people who point out that 10% of hospitalized people are fully vaccinated as if that negates any protection the vaccine may give. They ignore that stat that suggests 90% of hospitalized people are unvaccinated or undervaccinated.

There is way too much binary thinking lately.

I've seen people who point out that 10% of hospitalized people are fully vaccinated as if that negates any protection the vaccine may give. They ignore that stat that suggests 90% of hospitalized people are unvaccinated or undervaccinated.
There's also lack of info with long-COVID, I think that has been ignored way too much. There is a study being done at U of A? On that, hopefully that info helps.

I would also like to see data on the hospitalized fully vaccinated people. Does their age range skew higher than the unvaccinated hospitalized grouo? Are the comorbidities a bit different?

I'm not sure where exactly to put this. This seems as good as any place. This was written by a nurse in response to the protests outside hospitals yesterday and was on FB.

"To the people who felt protesting outside a hospital was the best way to communicate your frustrations, you did much more than that. You selfishly, thoughtlessly impacted people who are struggling, greiving, toiling, and dying. You filled the air with honking horns and hurled profanities. Inside the the buildings you screamed at, people are suffering, dying. Loved ones are greiving, trying to make the injured, sick, and palliative as at ease as possible. Then you came. They got to hear you and the cacophony that came with you. So did the confused, delirious elderly. You took parking spots intended for the sick, wounded, and laboring, and made them walk. You yelled at and scared people coming in for labwork and treatments, as they wore the masks they were mandated to wear. You added extra anxiety for the people coming in for chemotherapy, for those coming in for terrifying diagnoses. You added to their pain and their fear. You verbally and physically assaulted the health care workers. The people who have been working at great personal cost to provide care as best they can with depleted resources. Doing so with overwhelming patient numbers. Doing more with less for the last year and a half. Exhausted and burned out. And despite this, when any of you who protested get sick, when any of you can't breathe, it is through those doors you will come. It is the health care workers, at whom you hurled profanities, who will put their judgements aside to help you. It is those patients and their families you agitated whose care with be further stretched, possibly compromised, due to the extra workload required to accommodate YOUR needs. You, with your disrespect and abuse, you will be given the best care possible. And hopefully there won't be a group of agitated protesters in the way, delaying your care."

I'm not sure where exactly to put this. This seems as good as any place. This was written by a nurse in response to the protests outside hospitals yesterday and was on FB.

"To the people who felt protesting outside a hospital was the best way to communicate your frustrations, you did much more than that. You selfishly, thoughtlessly impacted people who are struggling, greiving, toiling, and dying. You filled the air with honking horns and hurled profanities. Inside the the buildings you screamed at, people are suffering, dying. Loved ones are greiving, trying to make the injured, sick, and palliative as at ease as possible. Then you came. They got to hear you and the cacophony that came with you. So did the confused, delirious elderly. You took parking spots intended for the sick, wounded, and laboring, and made them walk. You yelled at and scared people coming in for labwork and treatments, as they wore the masks they were mandated to wear. You added extra anxiety for the people coming in for chemotherapy, for those coming in for terrifying diagnoses. You added to their pain and their fear. You verbally and physically assaulted the health care workers. The people who have been working at great personal cost to provide care as best they can with depleted resources. Doing so with overwhelming patient numbers. Doing more with less for the last year and a half. Exhausted and burned out. And despite this, when any of you who protested get sick, when any of you can't breathe, it is through those doors you will come. It is the health care workers, at whom you hurled profanities, who will put their judgements aside to help you. It is those patients and their families you agitated whose care with be further stretched, possibly compromised, due to the extra workload required to accommodate YOUR needs. You, with your disrespect and abuse, you will be given the best care possible. And hopefully there won't be a group of agitated protesters in the way, delaying your care."
It reminds me of how some powers demonstrate about how the alternate should not demonstrate and believe that there is no natural reaction.

Reaction is only absent in a mind void of duty of what it is supposed to do ... act like there is something missing! It is like a bridge too far for some powers ... they can't resist raising hell over nothing ... a hole in the ground that may act like a love trap ... and they fall for it!

There was protests outside of hospitals? Isn't this an again thing too? WTF?

I don't care where you protest, but not at the sodding hospital. Those workers are already stressed to the max; what a horrific thing to put them through, and their patients, about whom they care very deeply.

Mean, ignorant humans make me angry.

The story is here.

And it wasn't just in Ontario.

My question is, where were the f-ing cops, who are generally only too happy to come down on protests if they involve, say, BLM. They should have been in there pushing protestors back to clear a safe route to the door for staff and patients.

My question is, where were the f-ing cops, who are generally only too happy to come down on protests if they involve, say, BLM. They should have been in there pushing protestors back to clear a safe route to the door for staff and patients.

Quoted for reinforcement. When people express "defund the police" sentiments, it's often because their priorities seem just a little skewed.

It's going to be awfully hard giving anti maskers oxygen if they get Covid seeing as they will have to wear a mask while on oxygen.....oh well.

It's going to be awfully hard giving anti maskers oxygen if they get Covid seeing as they will have to wear a mask while on oxygen.....oh well.

May lead to thin masking of what really goes on ... anti continuance in the final solution of earthy over populace ... believing that's popular!

The view on the dirt that's up there ... technical fallacy? Thank heavens the idealist does not understand me ...

Took a minute to find it due to the number of protests, Google likes to pick up most recent reports.

*sigh* Only protests at hospitals should be healthcare workers for the crap they are dealing with as I'm sure they wouldn't interfere greatly with patient care.
Even then, preferable to do the on Shandro's street, or within Kenney's private patio view etc.

Workers doing the jobs will be discouraged by all administering of devious methods to look better than the lesser person actually performing some doing ... to get something done!

Yet administration doesn't take to well to critical conditions and crisis they are not familiar with ... cause they didn't see what was coming?

When I was working I was always anxious that i didn't know half enough to see into the future ... and powers would like us to lose that half so that we would just keep plugging away with ancient guidelines ...

Any sort of sense of inequity seems to be destructive ... and yet it goes on in elite fashion ... that fire that should be kept at decent distance ... and yet some fall right into it and come out screaming and expressing foul words about who put them there ... foul Eyre flies and few understand ... understanding is not that popular in a passionate domain! Can we provide something to put heh out? Thus departure ... from normal! More fringes, etc. caused by extremist BS!

Frontier psyche disorder ... where folk may learn they just can't go it alone ... dissociation theory gone bust? may we gather now ... in stillness?

Last edited:
This is going to seem like a weird thought for this thread, but here goes.
I just watched a movie called "Worth" on Netflix...about how the US Gov't calculated the compensation given for those lives lost in the Twin Towers.
The attorney appointed was getting nowhere close to settling the claims by his deadline. Why? Because he failed to recognize the human stories behind the claims and that it wasn't all about the money. Give it a watch.
Maybe after watching you may start thinking like I did about those who are anti maskers and anti vaccine.....my question now is....what are we missing within our interactions with this group? Even if it comes down to working around their decisions or at least more understanding.
Anyway, just a thought for a Sunday morning.

This is going to seem like a weird thought for this thread, but here goes.
I just watched a movie called "Worth" on Netflix...about how the US Gov't calculated the compensation given for those lives lost in the Twin Towers.
The attorney appointed was getting nowhere close to settling the claims by his deadline. Why? Because he failed to recognize the human stories behind the claims and that it wasn't all about the money. Give it a watch.
Maybe after watching you may start thinking like I did about those who are anti maskers and anti vaccine.....my question now is....what are we missing within our interactions with this group? Even if it comes down to working around their decisions or at least more understanding.
Anyway, just a thought for a Sunday morning.

Understanding! ... is that subtle to those of an elite stance that puts them up there as clear targets?

There is even a theory that Trudeau called an election to generate escape from the tough position politicians get into without knowing the requirements of the work ... thus waters of virtue head for the ocean where some old salts will assist ... movers? These may work also in synaptic devices ... setting off sentience with a jolt ... innate lightening? This may vary definitively from the extroverted version that can only shock so far ... then they too collapse like a thunderbolt!

There is one party that theorizes that earth waves may stimulate lightning ... something more to add to the research list of what people act the war they do ... given nothing to start with ... this could be extensive ... an exponential dive? reminds me of the split between the data and what was desired and they just didn't jive ... given the powers tendency to cut for efficiencies sake and thus so much detail was displaced ...

Are humans known to have their tail between their legs?

Not with all the severe cuts for some high end profiting that could bring the integral to its knees ... what's integral ... the requirement for balanced summation ... zero swing and dampening ... a sound or fiord may be needed for shelter and grasping the bottom! Watery gravid spots like gravitas that exudes some solemnity in an insane state of mind ... the world we inhabit as passing fantasy? Is this virtue or temporary and artificial chaos?

Does proper curtailing of costs in the right place ensure adequate failure of the supportive end? This may allow for powers cooking their own satyrs ... a jousting campaign! Didn't some author express this by attacking windmills instead of the driven winds? The storming continues as a kind of siege on the foundations ... excess water under the bridge or the poop deck ... and without experience to know how deep it is without sounding petty!

Perhaps a sunny day will settle the excess swell ... now when this all collects in regions we are unconscious about ... what then? Deep corruption ... crisis not to be talked about as those on top deny failures ... ever notice that? Even those trying to correct previous errs ... there is just no serendipity with the insanity imposed! Let us run through the drill again ... more spaces to gain said the woodpecker ...

Last edited:
Just saw a headline, ON isn't giving a pass to those in trials.
That's another group that deserves a pass, especially if being tested often for the virus.

Back