Vaccine passports and the constitution

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Agnostic pan(en)theist gorilla
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Here, I think many get someone to print it off, Chemguy did for me. People can also order a card from the government, get one from a registry office and most pharmacies will print them off too. No info in ON about those services?
Haven't heard anything yet but QR codes become available today for people born in January through April so should be learning more. I assume the staggering by birthday is to avoid overloading servers but I have not heard that, just using my IT geek brain.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
Haven't heard anything yet but QR codes become available today for people born in January through April so should be learning more. I assume the staggering by birthday is to avoid overloading servers but I have not heard that, just using my IT geek brain.
I don't think there were any server issues once they got a 2nd site from the medical records. While the medical records one still has overall immunization records they never even added in the QR codes there.

Mendalla

Pronouns
He/Him/His
I don't think there were any server issues once they got a 2nd site from the medical records. While the medical records one still has overall immunization records they never even added in the QR codes there.
So the way it is working is the government is issuing new vaccine documents to replace the receipt we have now. They have a QR code and some basic ID that the business can check against your driver's license or similar ID. You can either show it on your phone or print it and carry the printed copy. Our local libraries are offering free printer use and assistance for people needing to print it. Will be getting mine tomorrow so can say more then.

Upshot is that the app is only for businesses to verify the code. The actual document can be printed and used as a paper document.

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
So the way it is working is the government is issuing new vaccine documents to replace the receipt we have now. They have a QR code and some basic ID that the business can check against your driver's license or similar ID. You can either show it on your phone or print it and carry the printed copy. Our local libraries are offering free printer use and assistance for people needing to print it. Will be getting mine tomorrow so can say more then.

Upshot is that the app is only for businesses to verify the code. The actual document can be printed and used as a paper document.

That's the way it is here. I've used mine a few times. It's very easy

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Pronouns
She/Her/Her

Sounds pretty similar although the old ways aren't being replaced, for example MyHealthRecords looks the same. Printing that off, showing my original record from the pharmacy won't get me in places come Nov 15, but medically those are still useful.

The record with QR code has the code, name, birthdate, COVID vaccine dose date, name which is using the medical ingredient name, company and the source of where that info was pulled from.

Anyone can access the app, but yes, the purpose is for places that are verifying records to access it, not something that everyone needs.

Libraries are printing them for free here too. Getting to a pharmacy would be a lot easier though, libraries aren't all that close. I would pass multiple registries trying to get to a library too although registry services can take a while, no clue if they have a fast track area for providing a printed record.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
I do find it funny how the labelling is different between the 2.. Moderna no longer shows on MyHealth Records, they switched to all the proper names, so it's SpikeVax. The QR records don't show that, but it does list Moderna.

Mendalla

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Not just elderly people here. I know some 20ish people with phones that are only phones. They are tired of being tied to demanding electronics.
Not mine. It's the only way to reach him most of the time. Ditto his partner (same age).

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
I do find the smartphone thing a bit of an odd complaint. There are many things where people need ID - even just the need to show a health care card.

Here we give people tons of options, it can be mailed, it can be downloaded onto a device with needing to be printed, a friend can print it off, it can be printed off for free at quite a few businesses, libraries etc. We even allow for a combo of these things. And people complain about not having a smartphone as we allow that to be an option.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
Saw a local home based business is making QE code keychains. Probably easy to find on Etsy as well, although may be a good idea to take a bit of care with personal info, ie. don't send a code to some random business who set up just for this.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
WTF is going on federally with the passports? ON which just put in a QR code gets a pass but BC and AB which have had them longer don't?

Northwind

WTF is going on federally with the passports? ON which just put in a QR code gets a pass but BC and AB which have had them longer don't?

John Horgan had a press conference today. He said BC got theirs out quickly so they have basic information. Apparently the federal one will have more information such as date of the vaccine, specific vaccine, etc.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
John Horgan had a press conference today. He said BC got theirs out quickly so they have basic information. Apparently the federal one will have more information such as date of the vaccine, specific vaccine, etc.
Is there a list of the criteria somewhere? AB's shows dates and vaccines.
I feel like this will be a thing where we now have to switch again. I knew previously they were temporary. There was pre-QR code, 2 doses with QR code, 3 doses with QR code.

I didn't bother getting a laminated hard copy until I thought I was on the final version - or at least final until a possible booster in 6 ish months.

Northwind

Ours doesn't show dates or which vaccine we got. We were given a separate card with that information. It can't be used as proof anymore. The QR code version will show which vaccine(s) you got and on which dates. I can't remember if there was more information

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
Ours doesn't show dates or which vaccine we got. We were given a separate card with that information. It can't be used as proof anymore. The QR code version will show which vaccine(s) you got and on which dates. I can't remember if there was more information
Hopefully they can either update what information is there without giving away too much or just do 2 versions (I think Quebec is doing that) where the current one is good enough for in province for the long term.

I guess too when I saw the dates are shown along with the vaccine, that's on the info only with the QR code. Scanning the QR code doesn't show much, basically verified or not, name and I think date of birth.