US Election Stuff

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

This gives me hope. Tara Setmayer and Michelle Kinney started The Seneca Project to galvanize moderate American women. They recognize that women's rights are being taken away. They named it to honour the women who met in July 1848 to fight for the right to vote for women. This is the link to that info Seneca Falls Conference

I'm watching this interview which talks about it.

This is the link to their website The Seneca Project US

It will raise concerns, worries, bothers and other paranoia in powers that are insecure! These folk must be chained down, or locked up according t authority.

So much for willing freedom to grow ... and there is no onus in such fey characters! If you are responsible for accurate info ... you'll know what I mean as medium ... some MU-els may be encountered ...

What's with the whole duelling projects thing in US politics these days? I mean we've had the 1619 Project, Project 2025, now this Seneca Project. I think I am missing at least one. Is it because calling something a "Project" gives it an aura of credibility?

What's with the whole duelling projects thing in US politics these days? I mean we've had the 1619 Project, Project 2025, now this Seneca Project. I think I am missing at least one. Is it because calling something a "Project" gives it an aura of credibility?
More than likely an aura of boredom so no one will bother reading it.

I don't know about that. In this case, the Seneca Project is a way to mobilize moderate women to create change. It is not even close to something you would compare to Project 2025. In fact, it's been created to oppose Project 2025 and all it involves.

Did you watch the video or check out the website?

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., has a copy of Heritage’s “Mandate for Leadership” on his desk. He attributes his own study of Heritage’s plan as an effort to collect “all of these different points of view about wasteful programs in government that could be eliminated.”

Kennedy denies that he’s had any conversations with Project 2025, but he left the door open: “I’m looking for people from every political party, so I’ll be interested in talking to everybody.”

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., has a copy of Heritage’s “Mandate for Leadership” on his desk. He attributes his own study of Heritage’s plan as an effort to collect “all of these different points of view about wasteful programs in government that could be eliminated.”

Kennedy denies that he’s had any conversations with Project 2025, but he left the door open: “I’m looking for people from every political party, so I’ll be interested in talking to everybody.”

Excessive commissioning things that are not true and virtue? This calls for something to cover it ... and so layers and lyres descend ... then something evolves from the crate ... Crete & Daedalus? What's Dalus ... is it'S talin hanging about ... as necro? Something hangs there ... nihilism ... nailed ... must go now! It gives inflation a NU life as the old passes ... space increases with exponential wiles ... just to indicate that portals cannot be satisfied ... poe My sole ... Mithras ... or methera's ... gassy! Portion of the 4 elements of mine ... something to get around as orner-Ares ... difficult messages! Resistant to assimilation ... so it is put' nas Tora' ... deep! Not for the superficial on alternate sides!

If astute and WOKE ... read intuit! Dreams are of the essence ... some slaughtered politician ... by whatever means! It just happens due to deficiency of things unbelieved ...

Last edited:
from HuffPost today, something else to consider if voting.

I like Bolton's comment that Trump didn't under stand NATO and didn't wish to learn ... obviously because he knew all that was needed to act as a bull with great wiles ... I've run into a few like that. If you know something an onus presents itself, thus it is best to toss that intelligence ... so it goes ... gone?

If you don't like to know and reject intelligence ... what remains as left ova's? Prodigal ... and the entire thing degrades ...

If too sentient and without a worry ... can one still get into troubles? One definition of Ani was that she was difficult-like psyche ... way-oude ...

Dissociation has its own constants ... some say upgrading while there are doubts and Thoms ... dum-dum in the distance ... shocked at looking at the reverse perspective ... :): ... a wicki'd bent!

Just as with most empires, NATO is falling into a self-made trap of overextension. In this regard, NATO is a political fossil, unprepared to learn from the defeat of the German Empire in the First World War and appears to be repeating the gross miscalculations of the Kaiser’s Germany, only on a global scale.

The German Empire believed it could wage a war on two fronts. Today, a similar conviction is gaining traction within NATO that it must not only confront Russia and China, but that it is also to involve itself in the Middle East. This is a claim to global hegemony now under formulation. What hubris!

NATO is classic case of what we in the project management world call "scope creep", i.e. a project that acquires new goals or elements beyond the original plan. Originally, it was to keep the Soviets, and by extension Communism, from taking over Europe. And that role really should have ended with the fall of the Iron Curtain and Soviet Union. Taking on responsibilities for operations outside Europe happened as it looked for a purpose post-Cold War and was often driven by the US looking for allies who would support their operations in the Middle East.

Something else for all who are voting in November to consider is that there are at least five candidates running for president, not just two, and that many political parties and movements are fielding candidates for the Senate and the House of Representatives, not just two. And that the same is true at the state and local levels. The only wasted votes are those cast based on induced fears and in support of purportedly lesser evils.

Something else for all who are voting in November to consider is that there are at least five candidates running for president, not just two, and that many political parties and movements are fielding candidates for the Senate and the House of Representatives, not just two. And that the same is true at the state and local levels. The only wasted votes are those cast based on induced fears and in support of purportedly lesser evils.
If Americans would actually support parties beyond the big two, they could be as much a multi-party system as us and the Brits. The system is somewhat stacked in favour of the two-party system but enough people casting votes outside that would erode it over time. It seems, though, to my jaundiced eye that the voters are as invested in those two parties as the politicians are.

To be fair, we could have ended up there, too, were it not for the CCF/NDP and Socreds coming along when they did. And then we came close again as the Socreds vanished and the NDP kind of waned but the rise of Reform and the Bloc once again made us a true multiparty system. Right now, we have four official parties, plus the Greens who don't have enough seats to be "official" but remain visible nonetheless (though their recent leadership tribulations have not put them in a very good light, IMHO). I hope we stay there but some kind of pure or mixed proportional election system would help maintain it.

Maybe the madmen aren’t in the Russian government but rather in NATO governments?

Let's not forget England's Prime Minister Neville Chamberlains, " "Peace in Our Time Motto" that promoted appeasement because he didn't want England involved in WW2. Hitler said that was what he wanted too.
But instead of creating peace, this just emboldened Hitler. It wasn't until Churchill took over as PM that England decided to fight.
I'm more of a peace lover myself, but I do recognize that sometimes promises and agreements are just empty words against evil and terrorism. Hamas has proven that recently and Russia also.
When the twin towers fell, many countries stood with the USA and in Afghanistan when it became a home for terrorists.

Back