Uploading/pasting photos to WonderMail?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
Hi there - this morning I'm wanting to add a photo to a private wondermail. It has not been published online so I cannot enter a URL as requested. There does not seem to be an option to attach a file. I also tried copy & paste, but that does not seem to be working either. Any suggestions? Thanks to all our Wonder Mentors!! (I was going to say Wonder Nerds, but Mentors sounds better LOL! ) I'm grateful for all the help you provide.

Click the Image icon on the toolbar 1565276671366.png then either drag the image file on to the little dialogue that appears or click on the "Drop Image" area to get a file manager window to find and upload the image. FYI, you can copy and paste images, too, now.

- Open the image in your browser, Windows 10 Photo app, or whatever
- Right click and choose Copy
- past into the WC2 post or conversation message.

I did this to get the snip of the image button above (copied and pasted from Snipping Tool).

Thanks Mendalla - i have been able to do this in the forums, but not in wondermail - am I missing something?
This is what I see in wondermail - there is no 'attach files' option showing, no 'drop image' box Copy & paste does not seem to be working for me in e-mail in windows 10 - not sure why - it's fine in use elsewhere. Puzzled.

Attachments

• WC Capture.JPG
    WC Capture.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 2
Weird. I have the uploader in conversations (just checked, see illo below). Could be a security setting. I shall have a boo.

1565295149351.png

Yep, that was it, @Carolla. Registered users had permission to upload to posts but not to conversations. Changed the setting so please try again.

Hooray!!!! Success .... thank you Mendalla - from me and others who perhaps have also encountered this in the past.

others who perhaps have also encountered this in the past.

And *grumble grumble* didn't report it. :(

(Sorry, one of my pet peeves is people who have problems and don't report them to the "help desk", as we call it at work. At work, I've had guys, including myself, go to branch offices to do a couple things only to discover a bunch of other issues no one had actually bothered to report.)

And *grumble grumble* didn't report it. :(

(Sorry, one of my pet peeves is people who have problems and don't report them to the "help desk", as we call it at work. At work, I've had guys, including myself, go to branch offices to do a couple things only to discover a bunch of other issues no one had actually bothered to report.)
Oh, I just thought its me and not WC.

Oh, I just thought its me and not WC.
This is so interesting. Years ago at a conference (on I can't even remember what) I heard about research regarding attribution theory. One of the findings that interested me most was that when something screws up or doesn't work as expected women will think that it is because they are not doing something correctly, and men will think that it is the item that is defective & causing the problem. I think it is often generally true.

This is so interesting. Years ago at a conference (on I can't even remember what) I heard about research regarding attribution theory. One of the findings that interested me most was that when something screws up or doesn't work as expected women will think that it is because they are not doing something correctly, and men will think that it is the item that is defective & causing the problem. I think it is often generally true.
Just wondering if this is connected somehow to men starting wars and women starting gossip.

Back