TRUDEAU - Some people think......... How do you feel?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

It feels like it was announced as a distraction

my issue with the laws he outlined is that these laws generally already exist. The issue is criminals having illegal guns and people with mental health issues or anger issues stockpiling guns

there are already laws about buying guns, storing guns, transporting guns, using guns

Yeah, we don't really need more gun laws per se, just better enforcement, esp. against smuggling. Gangs, for instance, by and large use smuggled weapons so this will do nothing to stop them.

I recall a bug guy at our house in Florida telling me he always drives with a loaded gun on the front seat. “You never know.....”. Made me realize lots of people do. So never honk at a car in Florida

Latest Ipsos results show the vaccination issue starting to weigh on the Liberals', and Trudeau's, polling numbers. They are basically in a dead heat with the Conservatives right now and Trudeau's approval rating is now just 54%. That's going to start tempting the opposition parties, esp. if the trend continues. There is going to be a budget soon and that is, by law, a confidence vote. The Liberals cannot duck that. Keeping in mind, though, that the NDP and Bloc hold the balance of power and may not be ready for an election yet.

Singh has already said he will support the government so we will only get an election if Trudeau pushes it. I expect if they can get the vaccines coming in he will call one. They are putting out some pretty optimistic time lines, it wasn’t treated as more that hopeful on the news though. Hoping, not realistic.

Singh has already said he will support the government so we will only get an election if Trudeau pushes it. I expect if they can get the vaccines coming in he will call one. They are putting out some pretty optimistic time lines, it wasn’t treated as more that hopeful on the news though. Hoping, not realistic.

Ever seen a realistic polity? It is beyond belief ... yet they still expect unwavering loyalty ... look at that Nickie woman trying to compromise with Trump (a one-way personality attribute).

Sort of leads into an Ode :

(a lyric poem in the form of an address to a particular subject, often elevated in style or manner and written in varied or irregular meter.
  • a poem meant to be sung.)

Thus Oden ... O' Din and oncoming chaos ... as they person with the wooden heart?

Back to the human tree ... Ka Lie Jah ... there are whispers in it ...

Relax it is just God as word ... hardly to be believed ... mostly ballad and myth! The unreality of this domain?

Per the article, only 43% of those polled believe the September timeline. So he really needs things to step up. Simply saying it will be so is not enough. I'm not buying it myself at the moment.

I don’t buy it either. And even when they say they are going to meet the March target of 2 million doses. That is a lousy target. We need to step up fast.

The reality is complex. The Conservatives would be worse than the Liberals. When the management of Health Canada had almost no medical people, the problems we saw make sense. Trudeau has done a poor job of staffing the PMO. We will survive but it will not be pretty. Trudeau has been out of his depth but better advisors might have made a difference. Too much pandering to some special interests at the beginning did not help. The Conservative provinces have been a disaster.

I was really stunned today that the entire cabinet skipped the discussions on China and genocide. What a cop out. If you don’t agree, discuss. But to just skip the whole thing ?

I was really stunned today that the entire cabinet skipped the discussions on China and genocide. What a cop out. If you don’t agree, discuss. But to just skip the whole thing ?

Runs parallel to denial ... denial is a powerful thing when it appears as a void in what you know about it ... and then given the vast field of what we don't know ... and really don't have a care to ...

Reminds me of a study of ancient languages and knowing how understanding came about to evolve ... usually into something completely MS Understood ... Psyche herself?

Some say she is an alternate spirit to dark clouds of rage and rants about being right about something for which we have haven't a clue ...

All occurs in temporal parts ... unknown!

If the Canadian government took a strong stand on genocide by the Chinese government, one or both Michaels could die. It is cheap politics by the Conservatives.

In powerful circles it is taboo to even mention such things ... thus the underground is below the visible horizon! The truly emotional can't see it ... it just can't go down that way ... and then we get heavenly fallout as a fallacy about creating demos! Lo' it happens in the monster called humanity ... they uphold: "not knowing"!

Thus we don't ... and it becomes unheard of ... except perhaps in satyr! Some donkey will carry on ...

I keep having the feeling that the Conservatives are more interested than taking down the Liberals, than in doing what is right.

I understand that is in their best interest to do, and i get they have likely had folks holding back the reins for months due to the pandemic, but, I see that this one is making noise.

When I consider who to vote for, i can tell you that kind of redirection from the issues at hand really bug me.

You disagree that China is committing genocide?

on power and politics last night the liberal MP tried to explain the difference between genocide and cultural genocide. He was taken to task. Trudeau supported the indigenous report that said Canada committed genocide against our aboriginal peoples. Well but that was cultural genocide. No it wasn’t the quote from trudeau says.........

I get that they are in a tough spot with China. Bowing and scraping is getting us no where. Michael and Michael will be imprisoned for no reason until their citizen is sent home.
in the mean time Trudeau couldn’t be waffling more about China

You disagree that China is committing genocide?
We agree with that. It is the Conservatives motives and timing in bringing it forward that we are questioning. The Chinese abuse of certain of their minority peoples is not exactly 2021 news. Just ask a Tibetan. And Uighur situation goes back years, even if it seems to have stepped up in the last year or two. This could have been dealt with under Harper but he backed down on hard criticism of the Chinese after initially coming on fairly strong (e.g. taking a pass on the Beijing Opening Ceremony). Money talked.

The reality in the Western world today is that money trumps human rights time and again. Both Liberals and the Conservatives have shown that here. Going hard on China may play well right now, but I imagine that if the two Michaels situation gets resolved, Chinese human rights will fall off our radar fairly quickly. After all, we happily arm Saudi Arabia, one of the worst human right offenders on the planet right now.

Last edited:
We agree with that. It is the Conservatives motives and timing in bringing it forward that we are questioning. The Chinese abuse of certain of their minority peoples is not exactly 2021 news. Just ask a Tibetan. And Uighur situation goes back years, even if it seems to have stepped up in the last year or two. This could have been dealt with under Harper but he backed down on hard criticism of the Chinese after initially coming on fairly strong (e.g. taking a pass on the Beijing Opening Ceremony). Money talked.

The reality in the Western world today is that money trumps human rights time and again. Both Liberals and the Conservatives have shown that here. Going hard on China may play well right now, but I imagine that if the two Michaels situation gets resolved, Chinese human rights will fall off our radar fairly quickly. After all, we happily arm Saudi Arabia, one of the worst human right offenders on the planet right now.

Capital!!! (y)

Back