TRUDEAU - Some people think......... How do you feel?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Wimps like humb ugliers ... and it is a beauty when it all goes down the tubes for a NU uprising ... cause we don;t know any Betè (phonetically beta) ... a disaster you can bet on! Tragic acting ... thus the Acts go on ...

The problem is seeing through the chaos ... numinous oh Din ... just to put a label on the dark face in the trees!

Wow. Can’t believe you missed the laughter about this when he put inThe new cabinet. She said something stupid like her job is to help people who need their kids to play hockey

Trudeau has consistently failed to impress me in power. He's done okay as a crisis leader but I think a Chretien might have done better. I certainly haven't come around to the idea of voting for him when we finally go to the polls again (hopefully long after this is over).

Doug Ford, on the other hand, has surprised with a steady hand on the tiller of state here in Ontario. You get the odd reminder that he's a Ford, but really, I am more and more of the mindset that he's a better leader than I expected. That said, he may well revert to form once this is all over so I am hardly committing to voting for him, just suggesting that I am pleasantly surprised by what I have seen.

Trudeau has consistently failed to impress me in power. He's done okay as a crisis leader but I think a Chretien might have done better. I certainly haven't come around to the idea of voting for him when we finally go to the polls again (hopefully long after this is over).

Doug Ford, on the other hand, has surprised with a steady hand on the tiller of state here in Ontario. You get the odd reminder that he's a Ford, but really, I am more and more of the mindset that he's a better leader than I expected. That said, he may well revert to form once this is all over so I am hardly committing to voting for him, just suggesting that I am pleasantly surprised by what I have seen.
I wonder if Dougie being professionally "handled" now after his initial plummeting popularity prior to the pandemic. He needed to climb out of the s**t abyss.

I wonder if Dougie being professionally "handled" now after his initial plummeting popularity prior to the pandemic. He needed to climb out of the s**t abyss.

Still means he has to have the wisdom to be "handled", unlike a certain political leader we know of. * gazes towards Lake Erie *

Justin Trudeau is a prime example of the kind of 'leader' that pay to play politics creates ... foundation to foundation.

He's done okay as a crisis leader

...Echo?

May 1, 2020

Today, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau spoke with Bill and Melinda Gates to discuss the latest developments regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.

Prime Minister Trudeau thanked Bill and Melinda Gates for their leadership, and for the strong support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in mobilizing expertise and funding as part of the global response to COVID-19.

They spoke about the need for strong international coordination in response to the pandemic, including through close collaboration among government, private sector, civil society, and philanthropic actors.

Discussions focused on ways to accelerate the development of diagnostics, treatments, and vaccines, and to ensure equitable access to them around the world.

They welcomed the international pledging effort starting on May 4 to promote cooperation on urgent efforts toward these goals.

I wonder if Dougie being professionally "handled" now after his initial plummeting popularity prior to the pandemic.

Could the influence-peddling of Big Pharma have something to do with that?

Premier Doug Ford has bragged that there is “no reason a vaccine can’t come from Ontario”.

Also noteworthy is Bill 160. This is the Health Sector Payment Transparency Act, passed in late 2017 by then Premier Kathleen Wynne. As the name implies, it would have forced pharmaceutical companies to disclose all spending and gifts offered in return for favourable treatment. The Liberals passed the bill, but never formally enacted the measures. It seems that Ford’s Progressive Conservatives never bother to enact it either.

Notice that they all seem to be pushing the same talking points ...

Keeping some form of restriction or lockdown until ... The Vaccine.

I participated in a 'phoney' survey the other night when I was asked:

When a corona virus vaccination becomes available do you think it should be Mandatory in Canada? :sneaky:

Last edited:
Doug Ford has a very smooth and regular TV spot in which he appears, solemnly, in a tableau looking very serious and concerned.
His original appearance was as one who cared only about serving the super rich. Alas! that is still the real Doug Ford.
The current TV image looks good with his tableau appearances. But he actually hasn't done anything much more than looking concerned.
What he has done recently, (but not on screen) is to weaken environmental protections. That's the real Doug Ford, the errand boy of the super rich. And it will probably pay off as his party gets more election money than the others.

The Liberals and the Conservatives are both the servants of the very rich. They always have been. Nothing has changed.

Justin Trudeau is a prime example of the kind of 'leader' that pay to play politics creates ... foundation to foundation.

...Echo?

May 1, 2020

Today, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau spoke with Bill and Melinda Gates to discuss the latest developments regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.

Prime Minister Trudeau thanked Bill and Melinda Gates for their leadership, and for the strong support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in mobilizing expertise and funding as part of the global response to COVID-19.

They spoke about the need for strong international coordination in response to the pandemic, including through close collaboration among government, private sector, civil society, and philanthropic actors.

Discussions focused on ways to accelerate the development of diagnostics, treatments, and vaccines, and to ensure equitable access to them around the world.

They welcomed the international pledging effort starting on May 4 to promote cooperation on urgent efforts toward these goals.

Could the influence-peddling of Big Pharma have something to do with that?

Premier Doug Ford has bragged that there is “no reason a vaccine can’t come from Ontario”.

Also noteworthy is Bill 160. This is the Health Sector Payment Transparency Act, passed in late 2017 by then Premier Kathleen Wynne. As the name implies, it would have forced pharmaceutical companies to disclose all spending and gifts offered in return for favourable treatment. The Liberals passed the bill, but never formally enacted the measures. It seems that Ford’s Progressive Conservatives never bother to enact it either.

Notice that they all seem to be pushing the same talking points ...

Keeping some form of restriction or lockdown until ... The Vaccine.

I participated in a 'phoney' survey the other night when I was asked:

When a corona virus vaccination becomes available do you think it should be Mandatory in Canada? :sneaky:
They’re not talking points, they’re agreed upon protocols for what needs to happen where...steps for opening to be loosened or retracted as the cases are monitored, until the vaccine. The vaccine can’t come fast enough. Your railing against a vaccine for this is crazy. As if you don’t care how many it kills, just don’t tread on your precious free-dumb. If the virus spiked where you are and started killing people you know, you would be pointing the finger toward some other conspiracy, but not your own folly. Like a typical American libertarian republican. I’m so tired of their selfishness and how it’s like a freakin cult.

I am in a pissy mood. I want things to open up but I don’t want it done recklessly based on conspiracies about Bill Gates. We need a World Health Organization because we live in one world and breathe the same air. We need standardized collaboration between diverse countries on matters of human health.

I just wish someone could teach Trudeau how to speak. It grates on me. These oh so sincere four word phrases. His breathy pauses. It drives me crazy

how's that for nit picking. But I hate his speaking manner. As someone who taught drama don’t you think he could learn to speak in sentences

I just wish someone could teach Trudeau how to speak. It grates on me. These oh so sincere four word phrases. His breathy pauses. It drives me crazy

how's that for nit picking. But I hate his speaking manner. As someone who taught drama don’t you think he could learn to speak in sentences

I heard someone say today that he has an underlying speech impediment. Might explain it. I always thought he was "talking like a teacher". I've been pleasantly surprised by Trudeau, a bit disappointed in Singh, and most horribly pissed off at Scheer. Provincially, most have done fine, even Ford. Kenney's been an a**hole.

I heard someone say today that he has an underlying speech impediment. Might explain it. I always thought he was "talking like a teacher". I've been pleasantly surprised by Trudeau, a bit disappointed in Singh, and most horribly pissed off at Scheer. Provincially, most have done fine, even Ford. Kenney's been an a**hole.
I tend to agree with you about Kenney. One thing I will say in his favour, though, is that he's been one of the first to put clearly on the table one point that most seem afraid to talk about: eventually, we have to move from a strategy of avoiding risk to a strategy of managing risk and deciding what acceptable risk is. It may not be the right time to make that shift, but it does need to be acknowledged. Most seem to be focussing their hopes on either a vaccine or so-called herd immunity that will solve the problem, but there's no guarantee of either happening. So unless the plan is to keep everybody locked down or social distanced for eternity (and people - I'm not talking about the "yahoos" out there protesting now but just average every day people who so far are patiently abiding by the guidelines - won't put up with that forever) there has to be a point when we learn how to live with the risk. Kenney's the first I've heard really say that quite bluntly and I applaud him for that if for little else.

Kenney's the first I've heard really say that quite bluntly and I applaud him for that if for little else.

Being an a-hole (as Bette put it) does give one more leeway for bluntly stating truth. Unfortunately, that bluntness isn't always used carefully or wisely.

It honestly doesn’t make any sense. If you already own them you can keep them. Or we will buy them back. But nothing about illegal guns

it is a very low percentage of people killed by long guns like these. Most are illegal hand guns. And this person was an illegal owner. So what do we do about that? Who knew he had guns and wasn’t allowed to have them. Tricky.

why are we so slow about trying to figure out something about hand guns that arrive illegally. I don’t have any idea how you stop them at the border either but we don’t seem to get any ideas from government

is it because most gun deaths are illegal hand guns used by young black gang members to kill other young black gang members. Is it racism? Would there be more action if young white men were being shot

It makes alot of sense to me to put a ban on these guns.....it might take a generation, but it will eventually change the gun culture and the thinking for the future.

It makes alot of sense to me to put a ban on these guns.....it might take a generation, but it will eventually change the gun culture and the thinking for the future.

Our gun culture is almost irrelevant, though. Most of our shootings, esp. in cities like TO, are gang and crime related (Ecole Polytechnique and the NS shooting are statistical outliers in Canada) and those people don't care what's legal. They can get black market guns smuggled across the border and a lot of those are stolen from legit US owners. As long as the US gun culture remains what it is, we are going to have a gun problem here. A tighter border would help, but likely will not eliminate the problem.

Our gun culture is almost irrelevant, though. Most of our shootings, esp. in cities like TO, are gang and crime related (Ecole Polytechnique and the NS shooting are statistical outliers in Canada) and those people don't care what's legal. They can get black market guns smuggled across the border and a lot of those are stolen from legit US owners. As long as the US gun culture remains what it is, we are going to have a gun problem here. A tighter border would help, but likely will not eliminate the problem.
I see these as hurdles to jump and not necessarily insurmountable. And this excuse about the US's culture needing to affect our laws is getting lame.....there are many borders in the world that have distinct cultures from one another.

Back