Truck Convoy.......Should Canada Be Worried?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

The first (schools) is kinda apples to oranges. These weren't pandemic lockdowns, but "threat of violence" lockdowns, and I'm not sure what else one is supposed to do in the face of such threats.

I sorta agree with you on the international travelers, except that EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, just about, had the same sort of restrictions at the same time.
Yes, I agree. The hotels though, some of that was ridiculous and better service could have been provided. Things like food options, security to people in rooms.
I'm not saying lockdowns aren't ever warranted, and I haven't heard much for complaints regarding the school ones.

Imagine the rationally restricted being irrationally upset about not being to allowed to just do anything they wished to their folk close at hand ... thus they become unclasped ... cloven?

One has to have some appreciation about hi*bit ions ... and stop bit chen about it ... chen being a dog of regard and regardez is another look ... double vision allows depth! It too can go whacky ... as nothings perfect ...

Whew! My brain is back!
*stretches*
Amazing
I can think bettur...OOPS
Anyway SilentandSparkly, as I promised
Woo-hoo. Hang on!
Firstly, some assumptions I have:
1. Everyone has their own character, lived experiences, bioneurological makeup. So what would break someone wouldn't bother someone else. Also similar to how Pain is Objective, but how we experience and deal with pain is Subjective
2. Some of our population are more authoritarian-prone
3. Official Authoritarianism dependa on whose metrics you are following? I love those freedom rankings. Freedom from what? Lol the good ones tell their assumptions and biases. A really fun one you can take a look at the change in authoritarian measures over time is https://covidtracker.bsg.ox.ac.uk/stringency-map
4. Have fun
(Canada is REALLY REALLY open, now. Even better than USA)

So some more instances of lived experiences of people I have come across in regards to the subject of this peice:

New mother tests positive for the virus. Newborn gets whisked away , the mother can't see her newborn for 10 days

Nearly all states told their hospitals they had to suspend elective procedures so all that income dried up
So LOTS of workers lost their jobs
(1. 5 million I think? )
Then the CARES act, which incentivized hospitals (because they need to make money) to unintentionally over report COVID cases.

Up until Jun 20th of this year, travel restrictions to within Canada travel

Health care worker fired from hospital in Canada. At a time when the hospital and area needed every worker

A few times driving restrictions

Trucker anxious how to provide for her family as cost of travel due to mandates drove price from 4 to 5 figures in less than 2 years

There is a type of restaurant run by the Indo community where they do huge events. They are very big places. A lot of these businesses shut down because of mandate law issues.

Flight restrictions...

Even a few times driving restrictions...couldnt leave certain catchement areas

Buffet restaurants closed forever due to strange lockdown rules. These are the huge warehouse sized places.

Business owner lost their business due to lockdowns

General discrimination, peevishness, othering

Businesses going bankrupt because of the lockdowns

Parents feeling their kids not getting proper schooling during formative years

A teacher refused to work

Family memeber died during lockdown due to untreated medical issue

Due to lockdown had family memeber die due to untreated medical issue

There was even an ex-Canadian "spook" specializing in terrorism who says (and has documents available for download) connecting Cdn gov't with funding of international terrorism

A lot of people with different issues and different characteristics etc etc etc

Keep having a good time, folx
And never forget to laugh at yourselves. Its Canadian :3

*trips on slip*
*rim shot*

Whew! My brain is back!
*stretches*
Amazing
Woo-hoo. Hang on!
1. Everyone has their own character, lived experiences, bioneurological makeup. So what would break someone wouldn't bother someone else. Also similar to how Pain is Objective, but how we experience and deal with pain is Subjective
3. Official Authoritarianism dependa on whose metrics you are following? I love those freedom rankings. Freedom from what? Lol the good ones tell their assumptions and biases. A really fun one you can take a look at the change in authoritarian measures over time is https://covidtracker.bsg.ox.ac.uk/stringency-map
4. Have fun

So some more instances of lived experiences of people I have come across in regards to the subject of this peice:

New mother tests positive for the virus. Newborn gets whisked away , the mother can't see her newborn for 10 days

Nearly all states told their hospitals they had to suspend elective procedures so all that income dried up
(1. 5 million I think? )
Then the CARES act, which incentivized hospitals (because they need to make money) to unintentionally over report COVID cases.

Health care worker fired from hospital in Canada. At a time when the hospital and area needed every worker

Trucker anxious how to provide for her family as cost of travel due to mandates drove price from 4 to 5 figures in less than 2 years

There is a type of restaurant run by the Indo community where they do huge events. They are very big places. A lot of these businesses shut down because of mandate law issues.

Flight restrictions...

Buffet restaurants closed forever due to strange lockdown rules. These are the huge warehouse sized places.

There was even an ex-Canadian "spook" specializing in terrorism who says (and has documents available for download) connecting Cdn gov't with funding of international terrorism

*trips on slip*
*rim shot*
How is your dural ble brain saac holding up to the surrounding insanity?

Mine is failing me I believe ... it appears to be getting thin as the pious veil ...

Whew! My brain is back!
*stretches*
Amazing
Woo-hoo. Hang on!
4. Have fun

(1. 5 million I think? )

Flight restrictions...

*trips on slip*
*rim shot*
Lots of those things can be caused by an increase in gas, increased rents, increased food prices, shortages in medical care, and just Covid itself and on and on. There will never be a moment people wont have something to complain about...

Lots of those things can be caused by an increase in gas, increased rents, increased food prices, shortages in medical care, and just Covid itself and on and on. There will never be a moment people wont have something to complain about...
Exactly
People's lived experiences are their lived experiences
Pain is pain
Loss is loss
We arent all the same
We all have similarities

I am intending to be descriptive with that post

How one feels aboot any of these people is completely different
Which includes things like "lots can be caused by"
And wether we think it wad worth it?

We each deal with life as we deal with life

Exactly
Pain is pain
Loss is loss
We arent all the same
We all have similarities
That brings to my mind a slight paraphrase of something that Margaret Mead (if I remember correctly) once said, something like 'You are a unique, special individual, just like everyone else.'

That brings to my mind a slight paraphrase of something that Margaret Mead (if I remember correctly) once said, something like 'You are a unique, special individual, just like everyone else.'
Good ol Mead :3

(Yup
We also each get to determine what is worth fighting for. And so forth)

A fav Mead quote and I think it should be popular among the Woke is "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
It has! :3

Today is a good day
I can think coherent thoughts
And not feel unhinged etc
Not Stonehenge 'd then due to not having the right time? Itinerant intimations ... as something other than the structure indicates ...

Unoc is an old word for a separate sort of autonomy that is said to be isolated but well networked with the aliens ... they are among us ... sometime deboned and gentile ... thus no man is an island if well covered ...

And those who couldn't work without taking vaccines was an issue for a minority.
And as we know, esp as we are trying to help minorities (CSJ), being a minority doesn't mean less than. Esp in a democracy.
It is a constant tension, tho, I think, between Majority and Minority and methinks the dividing line etc can shift etc

And what "lockdowns" were those?

In some jurisdictions, bars and restaurants were closed for in-person dining. Sporting and concert events were cancelled. Non-essential retail was moved to pick-up/delivery. These restrictions were initiated at the highest level of public health expertise, and echoed, whole-heartedly, by every public health unit in Canada. And there were a few protective provincial border restrictions, but similar have happened between particular provinces during outbreaks of livestock and produce diseases (hoof and mouth disease, potato and grain diseases).

"Lockdowns" imply what actually happened in parts of more authoritarian regimes like China where human movement was severely halted/limited. Nothing that REMOTELY resembled "lockdown" IMHO happened. People had to shop in a different way for some goods. I acquired everything I needed, generally no more expensively, during the pandemic. Food, clothing, hardware stuff. I got the healthcare and dental care and auxiliary care, like chiropractor, that I needed. I didn't even run out of toilet paper, despite NOT panic-buying. "Some" people are idiots.

Pain is pain
Loss is loss
We arent all the same
We all have similarities

I am intending to be descriptive with that post

How one feels aboot any of these people is completely different
Which includes things like "lots can be caused by"
And wether we think it wad worth it?

(I was using the term lockdown in the usage as regards to all limits etc that govts and private did to deal with Pandemic. So that includes restaurant limits (reduced capacity, etc). Travel restrictions. School restrictions. The Passport. Etc. Definitely Can did not get as bad as say when AU did their Quarintine Camps or what the China CCP is doing to millions of their citizens. And it seems different govts indifferent countries tried different things. As seems to be normal.
Sorry for any confusion.)

Last edited:
And to clairify, my including the various people's reasons for being at Ottawa on that day were for the stuff that happened Before that ocurrance.

Glad it only lasted 3 weeks.

I dont know why the rumoured new Occupation happening sometime this summer is happening. Seems strange to me.

This is true. We are all though subject to consequences as appropriate.

I'd like to have empathy for the folks who joined the convoy and protest because they were disenfranchised. Unfortunately I don't for a second believe the stated purpose of the convoy was the whole story.

I dont know why the rumoured new Occupation happening sometime this summer is happening. Seems strange to me.

I read some of the Twitter account that was a was set up for the July 1 convoy. There was a lot of pure hate from the account. It has since been suspended.

This is true. We are all though subject to consequences as appropriate.

I'd like to have empathy for the folks who joined the convoy and protest because they were disenfranchised. Unfortunately I don't for a second believe the stated purpose of the convoy was the whole story.

(That is good to suspect. Any narrative. Esp for those in power. Like police. Or Trudeau in that case. Or Corporate Media. Etc. Make observations. Test to falsify them. Repeat repeat repeat)

Similar to how Occupy Wall Street movement didnt have 1 reason (i fondly remember the Corporate Media scrambling to come up with a cohesive Narrative lol)

Or Black Lives Matter riotprotests

Or pretty much a bunch of other protests and parades and even groups of any sort?

What does it mean to be a Canadian? A whole bunch of things

What does it mean to be a Christian? A whole bunch of things

What does it mean to be LGB etc? A whole bunch of things

What does it mean to be rich? Poor? Underfed? Pink? A unicorn? Working class? Middle class?

And now thanks to the internet everyone can have their beliefs etc have an audience. No longer are there Official Narratives (for both good and ill). Now there are (as real life is) multiple narratives. Now that more of us are empowered to be able to share them.

And each of us dont necessarily share in what do we deem to be worth the risks/costs

And so forth

God is always challenging us :3

And when it comes down to it
We dont *have* to love or like everyone

Its ok to have interests etc

There are some 8 billion or so of us

And so much room lol

Deconstruction. Its whats for dinner :3

Last edited:
I just thot of something:

Depending on one's tribe
There are groups who dont need to be tested for authenticity or rightness of their actions and groups who are tested more stringently?

Which differ according to the tribe?

So the Ottawa Truckers could enmasse be considered Working Class. So those who are of the tribe who support working class will tend to be more...supportive than say a tribal member who sees them as Right Wing or even Rich, then they will treat them more suspiciously?

Hmm

Lol brain getting tired

Good show, folx :3

All is un reasoned because of displacement of such virtue as those believing they are right say knowledge is evil ... for if the little people knew the wheels would be in trouble ... stuck as most folk in this dirty spot ... that's mire ...

It is extensively indeterminate ... as you can only see so deep due to geo logical pressures ... the Earth protects her own ...

We saw a pickup with a huge flag in the back heading towards Ottawa as we were driving east on 417 between Casselman and Hawkesbury this afternoon. It was the only vehicle we saw obviously heading to a protest.

We have a person living down the street that is brazen this way about supporting a great indeterminate ... inclusive of belief systems in government (parts) and big wheels ... they churn chaotically causing fey ASCO! (flighty asc naught's)

Much care and caution is recommended as something to have respect-4 ... then argon aughts as they are not going there ... they sail about in the abstract whine dark Ci ... Ayres ... yes men ... the shadow pool?

Back