The world's biggest cricket processing plant

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Metalhead ape rockin' out
Pronouns
He/Him/His
So what do you think? They say insect protein is a more sustainable source than livestock and that we will probably be eating more of it as time goes on. Do you like the idea or does it ......bug you? :ROFLMAO:

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
If it was processed enough I could get over the ick factor.
Allergy risk is too big of an unknown though and sensitizing myself to insects sounds like a really awful idea considering almost all food has some insect bits.

Last edited:

ninj

She/Her/They
Why not? We eat shrimp and lobster. Crickets don't sound yummy, but they could be some kind of deflavoured protein powder.
Do they remove the legs?
Hot Chocolate Coffee GIF by Extreme Improv

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
Why not? We eat shrimp and lobster.

Agreed. They are the insects of the ocean, LOL. And I love both of them.

But there's some of the same snobbishness with plants, too. Nettles and dandelions aren't favourite foods, although they should be, from a taste and nutritional POV.

Delightful Life

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
The freedumb movement is trying to say this is Bill Gates trying to force us to eat bugs.
Lol I'll have to add that to the conspiracy map.

Now would they :cautious:be closer to the Gnomes of Zurich or the Fiendish Fluoridators?

Ps. I like your paradolia :3
Also I am glad you are still here. We need the humour. Esp since more of your jokes land :3

Last edited:

Delightful Life

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Why not? We eat shrimp and lobster. Crickets don't sound yummy, but they could be some kind of deflavoured protein powder.
Do they remove the legs?
Hot Chocolate Coffee GIF by Extreme Improv
Indeed
Enjoyment of food is a social construct :3

(And I'm sure, just like how different things like Smartphones and seatbelts and even jaywalking got invented and adopted, there will be propaganda -- note the meaning of the word not the modern negative usage -- and advertizing etc to get/help get people to adopt it? Thus my question regarding my apparent perception of increased news content...trying to reality check here and being descriptive rather than political)

Didnt lobsters used to be called in USA cockroaches?

Delightful Life

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
And after all
We all unintentionally "eat insects"
Apparently all matter of insects and insect parts are part of our food

So that our food regulation agencies actually account for allowable levels of insect parts in our food?

Luce NDs

Then there was that group that hated oysters ... until someone revealed them to be delicacies in distant places ... and then that soft matter gathered in the head ... and the psycho magazine labeled Walrus ... how can that be?

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
And after all
We all unintentionally "eat insects"
Apparently all matter of insects and insect parts are part of our food

So that our food regulation agencies actually account for allowable levels of insect parts in our food?

Absolutely. It's the reason, from a couple of sources, why many asian people prefer white pepper to black. If you use white pepper, you're going to rinse your rice extra carefully because insect bits will be more obvious with no black pepper flakes to disguise them.

Rinse your rice well.