The Stories of Creation

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

LoL -----here it is with the scripture to listen to ------no contradictions

I say ----- the Serpent ---the snake --the crafty tempter --has you people all duped -----:devil:

8 min video -----​

Genesis 1 & 2 "Contradiction" Explained​

Just another repetition of the same discredited foolishness of the other two videos. Though Dr. Josef Goebbels and Donnie Trump may beg to differ, repeating the same lies over and over and over does NOT make them true.

Saying the same thing in different ways still does not make it true. You have STILL not addressed the contradictions in Post # 5.

2 min video​

What Would You Say to a Christian Who Denies the Inerrancy of Scripture?​

What would you say to a professing Christian who denies the inerrancy of Scripture? Dr. John MacArthur explains how to engage a professing Christian who denies the inerrancy of Scripture.

Off topic, and . frankly narrowly stereotypical. Remember that the people who wrote that 'all Scripture is given by inspiration of God' were speaking only of what we call the Old Testament (which, for them, by the way, included the books we call the Apocrypha). So, if you don't receive books like Judith, Sirach, and 1 Maccabees as inspired scripture, you stand on violation of the very verse you build your house of cards on.

And still no response to Post # 5.

Last edited:
Isn't there a 3rd creation story referenced in the Books of Isaiah, Job and Psalms where the world is created from a battle between God and a dragon(sea monster) named Rahab?
Yes, there are echoes in the Hebrew Scriptures of more ancient Babylonian creation stories; though the ref. in Isaiah 51 could refer to God's leading the Hebrews through the sea on their way out of Egypt.

No it is not off topic ---by posting your article saying the bible has contradictions ---you are in fact saying the Scripture has errors and faults in it and therefore is not inerrant -----

Biblical inerrancy is the belief that the Bible "is without error or fault

unsafe, how is a "contradiction" the same as an "error". I don't see the correlation. My job is to wrestle, in community, with the text.

To further the discussion, maybe we could ponder why the ancient authors left these two stories side-by-side at the very beginning of their book. What new insights might come from reading these two passages in succession?

Is it a case of an ancient Semitic people, moving from an oral to a written culture, who felt compelled to preserve two of their Creation myths?

Imagine a day before the printing press. where anything you "read", assuming you could "read" had been written by hand?

And "preserving" by "encoding in a written text" might be much more important than contradiction.

The original two "Just So" stories, lol.

And then we could ask, "how is this more valuable than the teachings of/about White Buffalo Calf Woman?"

Don't you love it when the literalists has that slip in literacy and isn't cognizant in the meaning of duality hidden in the boring book of Deuteronomy? It is an old slip like a cutting from the tree of knowledge leaving one stranded on a branch!

This may occur in the script with a slip of the pen ... allowing two sides to the inking as in definition of the DIN Arius ... as coined! Who coined that expression? When under one rule label it and you own it ... in light of the superlatives ... a shadow of doubt! The charge goes on blindly on the bridge of plastic ... pontification while charging onward in the vast unknown ... GERONOMO! It just happens that we don;t know and thus strange things under the midnight son ... perhaps a sonata! Sing me a sad song as the blue moon creeps up on us ...

There are common folk that love mystery and myths as something misunderstood to their purposes in life ... and in passions they lose thoughts! Where do they go when taking flight? Thus soaring Zoar-Ba's ... sol, or bottom lines are exposed in some images of Babau ... it may be fertile icon or a fertility symbol ... as captivated in mine 'd egging! Ag' gatha ... in the dark ... like the monster on the bridge in Da Nang ...

Last edited:
BetteTheRed ----you said -----. My job is to wrestle, in community, with the text.

I say ----Yup ---you wrestle -with the text ---I believe and trust in the and ask the Holy Spirit for guidance to reveal the truth of the message ---for me the scripture is inerrant i ---that is the difference -----between you and me ------

By saying that God word contradicts itself --is saying God is a confused God and is inconsistent in what He says -----which says God's word cannot be taken as Truth ----and that goes against what the God does say in His Word -----

John 17:17 (AMP)​

17 Sanctify them in the truth [set them apart for Your purposes, make them holy]; Your word is truth.

~ What is a Contradiction? ~​

A contradiction occurs when two or more statements pull in opposite directions. For example, these two statements contradict each other: “The Bible contains contradictions” … “The Bible does not contain contradictions.” They are logically contradictory because one affirms and one denies. But both statements cannot be true.

I say ---so carry on with your faith in the contradictions -----if that floats your boat -----

for me it would sink my Faith in God and bring confusion to trust that God really did inspire the writers to write His Word ------

There are roughly 92 different creator gods and creation stories. A bit biased for McGrath to only discuss one. Dont you think Redbaron.

There are roughly 92 different creator gods and creation stories. A bit biased for McGrath to only discuss one. Dont you think Redbaron.
Not if he is a Christian and the focus of his discussion is on the Christian situation. Few of the other 91 (and that number sounds way too low by the way) likely have issues with their followers taking them literally and trying to make that literalism public policy. Though an acknowledgement that the Christian story is one of many and no truer than any other goes a long way towards blunting that literalism.

How does one articulate creative consciousness literally
My thinking for some time is that some people are just wired that way. They can only see what is actually on the page and imagery and metaphor are lost on them. As a poet and fiction writer, I find that rather sad. There's some much joy when you start looking beyond or deeper into the language of a written work.

Is the literal image virtually out of the picture to those not versed in literacy ... and thus generating something beyond grasp ... like an out of body experience? Expect some drift of the RUAG winds ... as the fabric moves ...

Back