The Opposite of Toxic Masculinity

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Actually, no.It was about the man’s inability to express himself. Which is toxic to himself. You are mot getting my point. If women jump on it because of the way they are treated by men stuck in the value system of “ toxic masculinity”, they are making it about themselves. If they are talking about it out of genuine concern because it keeps men from becoming/ being a man in its fullest sense and humanity, then it is about the men.
What is "being a man" though and why is it necessary to focus on masculinity at all - rather than just focus on harmful and not harmful behaviour? Masculinity as we've known it has always been toxic and violent - the fervent need to compete is a violent pursuit in essence. Some of the problem, as indicated by one of the articles, is the constant focus on manhood not personhood and that reassigning traditionally feminine traits to a new kind of manhood again subordinates or disregards or rolls right over women. And there are plenty of men who are not vulnerable nor unhappy to be hung up on "manhood" while they abuse women. We need to teach boys before they get influenced by that and become that. But that doesn't mean that saying that women have suffered under those behaviours is sexist or selfish. Because we have. Throughout all of history. It's time that changed.

Last edited:
Recall that toxic things can be useful in the right dosage ... a basic rule of alchemy. Seems to work with humanity too ... so that we are free to deny what we wish not to see through the dark pearly lens ... thus blind faith when all thoughts are washed away by extremes of one type or another ... a lifetime experience in immersion with life itself?

On the other side are sentient salts ... stuff of the synaptic void ... small neural things ... it messed with they may fire ... like Bull or Canon! Thus kerygmatic renderings ... cerebral stewings! Lizard brains may act as a carrier ...

Ah HA! I detect a ninjafaery riff

I think I approached this topic backwards today, by viewing a movie review video by Russell Brand. I think he's the opposite of toxic masculinity. I've been a fan of his awhile. His story is very redemptive.
Anyway, just asking all the questions, but what isn't toxic masculinity? What does that look like? Are there examples from your life of men who embody the opposite?

Rus Brand is indeed yummy.

And what a dunning phrase. Masculinity that contains some substance lethal to life? Hoosht. Use Beano :3

Heck, did u know that Skyscrapers are toxic masculinity?

There is NO escape!!! MILK THEM OF THEIR LETHAL SUBSTANCE. SUCK THEM DRY MY SISTBROTHERS!!!

(Even those cultures that are not touchy feely with their kids thereby producing violent adults still has no toxic substance producing the effect...)

Onward Morgan Freeman. Thaddeuss Russell. Ram Daas. Connor Habib. Ray Bradbury.

"You’re telling me there’s this toxic masculinity that doesn’t allow men to have feelings, then in the same breath you’ll tell them to shut the f*** up, sit down and they’ve had enough time to talk. So which one is it?”
--Bridget Phetasy, comedienne

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

Ah HA! I detect a ninjafaery riff

Rus Brand is indeed yummy.

And what a dunning phrase. Masculinity that contains some substance lethal to life? Hoosht. Use Beano :3

Heck, did u know that Skyscrapers are toxic masculinity?

There is NO escape!!! MILK THEM OF THEIR LETHAL SUBSTANCE. SUCK THEM DRY MY SISTBROTHERS!!!

(Even those cultures that are not touchy feely with their kids thereby producing violent adults still has no toxic substance producing the effect...)

Onward Morgan Freeman. Thaddeuss Russell. Ram Daas. Connor Habib. Ray Bradbury.

"You’re telling me there’s this toxic masculinity that doesn’t allow men to have feelings, then in the same breath you’ll tell them to shut the f*** up, sit down and they’ve had enough time to talk. So which one is it?”
--Bridget Phetasy, comedienne

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

That must be why the CN Tower and Rogers Centre stadium (side by side) are sometimes known locally as the "C**k and Balls." Good name for a pub. Rooster and pool balls on the quaint sign.
Seriously, maybe you're right about tall buildings but building up make the most sense environmentally. I don't think of them as phallic.

Last edited:
building up make the most sense environmentally

Exactly. Our penchant for growing out, rather than up as they do in Asia, has probably done irreparable harm to our agricultural and natural lands. The land across Fanshawe Park Road from me was farmland when I moved in twenty years ago. Now its a suburban residential subdivision with half million dollar plus homes on it.

And a large block upwards is not necessarily phallic. It's these pointed things, like the CN Tower, that convey that feeling far better.

I struggled trying to think of an appropriate response when I realized the issue is definition. To me there are several versions of toxic masculinity mixing pride, arrogance, acting tough or cool or whatever out of fear of ridicule or rejection, willful ignorance, lack of empathy, attitude or belief that women exist to satisfy the desires of men, enjoy hurting others, putting power and control first, and so on.

When I try to define non-toxic masculinity, the result could be a definition for non-toxic feminity which is living comfortably in one's own skin without seeking to harm or control others.

Back