The Eternal Sacrifice Of Christ

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

unsafe

What was the true purpose of Christ dying on the cross -----What was the true purpose of the Blood that was shed ----what was the true purpose of the resurrection -----

My thoughts on this ----All this accomplished one goal ---- To get sinners back to heaven after death ----to kick sin out of its socket and to give eternal life ----

This word Salvation is a Big Word with Great Meaning ---Notice it says --I save ---I heal ---I preserve ----I rescue ------Powerful ---Powerful Stuff

Strong's Concordance
sózó: to save
Original Word: σῴζω

Part of Speech: Verb

Transliteration: s
ózó
Phonetic Spelling: (sode'-zo)
Short Definition: I save, heal
Definition: I save, heal, preserve, rescue. bring...safely (1), cured (1), ensure salvation (1), get (1), get well (2), made...well (6), made well (5), preserved (1), recover (1), restore (1), save (36), saved (50), saves (1), saving (1).

to save, to keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction

save a suffering one (from perishing), e. g. one suffering from disease, to make well, heal, restore to health:

to deliver from the penalties of the Messianic judgment, Joel 2:32 (); to save from the evils which obstruct the reception of the Messianic deliverance:

Jesus came under the Mosaic Law to fulfill it ans save His People ---the Jews ---were under a curse because of the Laws that could not be kept -----Works was in place ---self effort ---keep the Laws get Blessed ---Fail to keep them get cursed -----Since no one could keep them the curse was always in place -----

Proof ----
Matthew 1:21Amplified Bible (AMP)

21 She will bear a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus [the Greek form of the Hebrew Joshua, which means Savior], for He will save His people from their sins [that is, prevent them from [a]failing and missing the true end and scope of life, which is God].

So Jesus who was a Jew came to save His People -----who were the Jews ----Save them from What ----The Laws which was a trainer only ---The law was not of Faith but of self effort ----

Proof ---Galatians 3:12 But the Law does not rest on faith [does not require faith, has nothing to do with faith],

Proof ----

Galatians 3:24Amplified Bible (AMP)

24 So that the Law served [a][to us Jews] as our trainer [our guardian, our guide to Christ, to lead us] until Christ [came], that we might be justified (declared righteous, put in right standing with God) by and through faith.

What was the Purpose of the Law -----To bring the Jews to the end of themselves so that they would realize they needed a Savoir -----The law was the schoolmaster -- ---until Jesus came to shed His Blood for the Remittance of all sin for all people ----and defeat death ----

The Law is Spiritual --it was Good and Perfect but man wasn't because of his sin nature ---Proof

Romans 7:14King James Version (KJV)----14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

The Purpose of the Law ------

to cause a Sin Revival-- Romans 7:8-9

makes Sin and strengthens sin ----Romans7:5---1Corinthians 15:56

causes men to feel --guilty ---shameful and condemns ---Galatians 3:19 --great scripture

can't be kept by any man ---the Law is not of Faith ----James 2:10 ---Galatians 3:10-12

Ministration of death ---2 Corinthians 3:7-9

Romans 4:15 says the law works wrath ------

The Law came by Moses ---Grace and Truth came through Jesus ---so Grace is not a subject --Grace is a Person ---it is Jesus ----John 1:17

Gentiles were not included in the Laws ----but became included in God's Salvation because the Jews refused God's message ----they were filled with Jealousy cause their egos were hurt as they saw they were not the only ones included to hear Paul's message -----they took offence----God did this hoping to spark the Jews to abandon the laws -----

Proof

Acts 13:44-47Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

44 The following Sabbath almost the whole town assembled to hear the message of the Lord.[a] 45 But when the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy and began to oppose what Paul was saying by insulting him.(A)

46 Then Paul and Barnabas boldly said: "It was necessary that God’s message be spoken to you first. But since you reject it and consider yourselves unworthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles!(B) 47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us:
I have made you
a light for the Gentiles
to bring salvation
to the ends of the earth."

--The once Saved always Saved is never really said in scripture ----what is said is this ----

-once we have tasted God's goodness and Light it would be very hard for someone to renounce their Salvation but it is possible ---they can reject their Salvation ---We can never Sin our Salvation away but we can reject it ----and we can't get it back according to scripture -----

Proof -----Hebrews 6:4-6 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

4 Some people once had God’s light. They experienced the heavenly gift and shared in the Holy Spirit. 5 They experienced the goodness of God’s word and the powers of the world to come.

6 Yet, they have deserted Christ. They are crucifying the Son of God again and publicly disgracing him. Therefore, they cannot be led a second time to God.

Thanks Be to God for Sending His only Son to Die for Us All so we can have eternal life through Salvation -----

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
trippy, unsafe, tres trippy

giphy.gif

like Prometheus' punishment, chained to a rock and every day, having his liver ripped out and eaten by Zeus' eagle

or i'm imagining this Jesus you present as a kind of Klein bottle, where He grows out of Himself, being created and then dying and created again

and in the G_od Book, Christ IS, at the same time, being born, being whipped, being crucified, riding away to heaven on his cloud, etc etc etc. books are awesome that way, they can be read again and again, the characters in it being born then dying again and again

ty for the psychedelic trip, unsafe...you are truly blessed

JRT

Me on the left.
I no longer refer to "Jesus Christ" because I am convinced that Jesus was a real human being while the Christ is what we human beings have made of him. In Jesus' life and authentic teachings people caught a glimpse of the divine, of a fully realized human life. I regard the death of Jesus as tragic, perhaps even a mistake on his part. But, to me, the even greater tragedy is that over the generations we have promoted Jesus to divinity. Jesus would have been aghast at that.

We are not a people fallen from perfection, rather we are a people who have evolved in a dangerous world and we have been shaped both physically but also mentally and emotionally by that evolution. We do not need a redeemer but we do need a guide and a teacher. Over the centuries and even millennia we have had several such. We can learn from each.

revjohn

unsafe said:
This word Salvation is a Big Word with Great Meaning ---Notice it says --I save ---I heal ---I preserve ----I rescue ------Powerful ---Powerful Stuff

Sigh.

The Greek word "sozo" is not equivalent to the English word, "salvation"

For that you want another Greek word "soteria".

The English word Saviour comes from the root of "soteria" which is "soter"

The reason why "sozo" translates as "I save" is because it is a verb rendered in the first person singular. All verbs in the first person singular are rendered "I" do such and such or so and so.

The verb also has conjucations for second and third person singular as well as first, second and third person plural.

As for the rest of your post it is mostly Christian dispensationalism and any effort to engage you will no doubt result in the following comments:

"you can believe whatever you want but I believe in the Bible" and "round the mountain"

I thought the most profit would be realized in pointing out that you have erred in identifying which Greek word actually translates into English as Salvation.

Seeler

I no longer refer to "Jesus Christ" because I am convinced that Jesus was a real human being while the Christ is what we human beings have made of him. In Jesus' life and authentic teachings people caught a glimpse of the divine, of a fully realized human life. I regard the death of Jesus as tragic, perhaps even a mistake on his part. But, to me, the even greater tragedy is that over the generations we have promoted Jesus to divinity. Jesus would have been aghast at that.

We are not a people fallen from perfection, rather we are a people who have evolved in a dangerous world and we have been shaped both physically but also mentally and emotionally by that evolution. We do not need a redeemer but we do need a guide and a teacher. Over the centuries and even millennia we have had several such. We can learn from each.

Great post. I agree.

airclean33

[QUOTE="Inannawhimsey, post:
like Prometheus' punishment, chained to a rock and every day, having his liver ripped out and eaten by Zeus' eagle

or i'm imagining this Jesus you present as a kind of Klein bottle, where He grows out of Himself, being created and then dying and created again

and in the G_od Book, Christ IS, at the same time, being born, being whipped, being crucified, riding away to heaven on his cloud, etc etc etc. books are awesome that way, they can be read again and again, the characters in it being born then dying again and again

ty for the psychedelic trip, unsafe...you are truly blessed

[/QUOTE]--He Inanna I thought you had a head on your shoulders. Well I guess goes to show even I can get things wrong . You don't even seem to know our GOD is a living GOD. This book you point to has millions of good women and men though out the world who believe just that..He came once to die an now lives . The fact you don't know this Inanna shows your really not that smart. Liston real hard , can't you just hear Him say. Can you understand how I work , and yet not seem to know me?

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
airclean33 (y)

keep that sense of humour up; its every Canadians' birthright & greatest Talent, being able to laugh at one's self

in fact, it is quite divine...listen to your g_d: 'airclean33, pull my finger...'

(they say a sekrit to long life is the ability to live with embarrassing one's self...you and i are gonna live forever at this rate)

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
You're alright, airclean33, you're alright; g_od riffin with ya :cool:

(g_od thinking with getting rid of that dig against the UCC -- you mighta caused a riot here...)

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Hopefully His gloryaperture will be better than the first few they've tried...ahh, virgins :cry: They're like precious & delicate angels;have to be careful and so tender with them

(of course, they'll have to martyr themselves...otherwise, no virgins raisins)

Last edited:

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
and now, some christian tunes, thank you Jesus, thank you HS, thank you, g_d for bringing us Sufjan Stevens

unsafe

Better do some more research revjohn -----Soteria comes from Sozo ---read below -------

Cognate: 4991 sōtēría (from 4982 /sṓzō, "to save, rescue") – salvation, i.e. God's rescue which delivers believers out of destruction and into His safety. See 4982 (sōzō).

4991. sótéria
Strong's Concordance
sótéria: deliverance, salvation
Original Word: σωτηρία, ας, ἡ

Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: s
ótéria

Phonetic Spelling: (so-tay-ree'-ah)
Short Definition: deliverance, salvation
Definition: welfare, prosperity, deliverance, preservation, salvation, safety.
HELPS Word-studies

Grace and Peace to you revjohn

revjohn

Hi unsafe.

More research isn't necessary. You equated Salvation (which in the Greek is a noun) with I Save (which in the Greek is a verb). They are not the same words no matter how closely related. That is your error.

I pointed out that the Greek noun for Salvation is soteria and not sozo.

Interestingly you quote as much when you quote Strong's but fail to notice your own mistake.

Reactions: Jae

airclean33

Hi unsafe I am not sure if this may help. But the Greeks gods male name was sozo.

SOTERIA was the goddess or spirit (daimon) of safety, and of (deliverance) and preservation from harm. Her male counterparts were the daimon (Soter) and the god Dionysos ...So they had both female an male. Well our GODS is gendered is as male, or Father. As was Israels -- God Bless --airclean33

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Oh oh, you mean there are DEMONS & DAIMONS in the very WORDS that unsafe & airclean33 and Christians use???

Wow, how are these words de-demonized, de-satanized so that people can utter them, believe in them (all these demons running around in their heads?) without using such inherently evil concepts and words?

THERE IS NO ESCAPE!!!

THE BIBBLE IS EVIL AND RIVEN WITH DEVILS AND DAIMONS!!!

now back to our regularly-scheduled insanity

blackbelt1961

between the 2 gardens,

in the garden of eve, Adam became alive to self and in his mind was aware of good and evil and lost his connection to Life, this dual mind would prevail and continue to the present in humanity .

in the garden of Gethsemane, Jesus reversed the effect of Adams sin in himself and died to self , Not my will , but yours be done and then in the victory of the Resurrection extersised His right to offer it to any person willing of acceptance