Spring/Summer knitting

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

They're not real visible. They're in the middle section.

Agree that it will probably be easier to see them when it's blocked. I bought a skein of "shawl in a ball" the other day; have not dared to look at it, nor share the pattern with sister, who will undoubtedly disapprove.

And I love those socks - cute little cables, awesome yarn!

I recently finished two projects - one is a little sweater for my friend's grandchild as an Easter gift. Had some yarn left so I also made a headband for her - as these seem to get worn by little ones these days. Then of course I woke up the middle of the night in a panic about giving a headband to a one year old - strangulation risk alert!!!! Her Grandma thought it was pretty hilarious when I told her about my anxious moment & she assured me all would be fine - when she finished laughing at my story.
1618006288705.png

The other is a shawl/scarf - I used aspects of two patterns to create it, which was an interesting endeavour. I bought the yarn for it a while ago, not knowing what I would make or for whom, and finally the inspiration struck. I mailed it to a special friend this week & she rec'd it yesterday - SO THRILLED with the surprise gift. The yarn is mostly Israeli cotton, and very soft - and my friend is actually Israeli :) and the colours are so much within her usual palette.
1618006349913.png

Now I think I have to get back to my Tempestry project & finish it off so it can be hung!

This is why I should be a much more accomplished knitter than I am. I have such a fondness for a neat skein of an interesting material/material combo/dye.

This is why I should be a much more accomplished knitter than I am. I have such a fondness for a neat skein of an interesting material/material combo/dye.

Quit shoulding on yourself. Practice is what makes knitters accomplished. And lots of swearing and mistakes.
Mad Knitting GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

Yeah, well, talk to my sister, who has spent many an hour knitting with me, then tinking me back to the original, lol. She is the reason I work in a lifeline every 10 rows or so...some of us are more distractable than others, and the very physicality of the numbers (I can "see" 75 in my head, but ask me to physically count them, and it's gonna take 2-3 tries to get the same answer; I'm fond of "wishful thinking" when it comes to stitches, lol).

I am not a monogamous knitter. I have three projects on the go for my road trip.

I'm making a scrappy hat for a friend's mother who will be getting chemo. The darker section has sparkles.

IMG_20210819_163648_717.jpg

I'm also working on a mindless mitred square blanket that is getting knit in the comfort of the air conditioned truck

IMG_20210819_163648_685.jpg

And finally the obligatory road trip socks
IMG_20210819_163648_693.jpg

What are you working on?

Well, time for an update! I made some felted clogs (to wear as slippers) - and they turned out great! It was amazing to see what went into the washing machine & what came out! In this pic they are drying outside in the sunshine- on my baking rack :cool: I still have to put a bit of silicone on the bottoms to make them non slip.

1629421627578.jpeg

I made a little sweater for a baby to be born in Sept - wasn't sure about the yarn when I started, but it turned out quite well. It was a 'bottom up' sweater - new method for me.

1629421798012.jpeg

I made another little sweater for my friend's grand dtr - she's about a year and half now - yummy kid colours in a cotton blend yarn :) and a hood! The hood was a new experience & I adapted the pattern a bit. Always learning. It's a bit big on her - but that's better than too small!
1629421895737.jpeg
Now I'm on to knitting some slippers for our 'family reunion' week - as a gift for the women. My first effort was knit like a sock - so LOTS to learn there - thanks to Northwind for her patient support & explanations! Unfortunately, after starting over twice, I'm not satisfied with the result - I e-mailed the pattern designer for some suggestions - still waiting to hear back. So I started a different slipper pattern - made one in the past two evenings - should be okay :) And in between, I've knit a scarf for Chase the Chill next winter; and I'm making some progress on my second Tempestry item ... so been keeping busy!

Back