Songs that are a Guilty Pleasure

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Trust me, not many of the folks who knew back in high would have expected me to become an AC/DC fan.

Guilty pleasure tax:

Yes, there was a time when I actually took the ideas in this song (aliens, telepathy) semi-seriously.

It is kind of a sweet song but, yeah, great music this ain't.

These guys are phenomenal - for better or worse. I haven’t heard more than 4 or 5 songs (which I mostly like). I’m not embarassed that I like their music. It’s just that their punk/ metal/ rap/ whatever genre it is - is so heavy hitting that people might not realize that they are actually longtime social justice and free speech advocates (for freedom to speak out against war, injustice and inequality -“sjw’s” but not “snowflakes” by any means) singing protest songs. It’s fair to assume that it’s not music my current neighbours would appreciate...mostly because they wouldn’t get the appeal of their style, I don’t think - they might wonder who the riffraff playing the noise is. Lots of people from my generation and younger like it, though.

:)

Last edited:
I have to add that after listening to two RATM songs, i’ve had enough for awhile! I couldn’t hear that everyday, either! The screaming at the end was a bit much. From time to time, I appreciate them, though. They’re no slouches.

:)

Back