Sincere Questions for Fundamentalist Christians

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

1. Why do Fundamentalist Christians choose to have children, if they believe we’re in the End Times; therefore, according to their beliefs, God’s going to destroy the world anytime, and there’s a 50/50 chance their kids could one day reject their fundamentalist beliefs, and go to Hell?

2. Why not leave their innocent little souls with God in the first place (ie. not have kids) rather than expose them to the fear of and potential of eternal damnation, if that’s what you believe?

3. If you believe God needs to destroy the world violently in order for Christ to return, and it’s your job to see that destruction as signs of his coming, and pray for his returning in such a manner - are you not willfully condoning the murders of not only all the people on earth who would die in this lifetime, but also condemning the non-believers (non believers in what you believe) to Hell according to your beliefs?

4. How does any of that have anything to do with loving?

Last edited:
Anyone who could have children believing that their children could be sent to eternal hell by god, either a) doesn’t care about their kids, or b) doesn’t really believe that God would do that to their kids. And if God wouldn’t do that to their children, why would he do that to anyone?

Last edited:

unsafe

What you wrote in your second Post Here Shows just how much you do not know God and what He says in His word about Children ----

-God has given Children a Grace period --where he does not charge sin to children as they have no idea what sin and consequences is all about -----We are all born with a Sin Nature Kimmio -----The Sin Nature is passed on by the male sperm ---that is why Jesus was born of a woman inseminated by the Holy Spirit not man --------All children are seen as innocent in God's Eyes as they don't fully understand good from evil and the consequences it brings ------All children will go to heaven until they understand what sin is -----

All Children are different so God gives no real concrete age ------Jesus went into the Temple at age 12 -----The Jewish people have it at age 13 ----some see it as 20 as this age is mentioned in scripture for names to be entered into the census

Deuteronomy 1 says this -------in verses 38 -39--40---

The Penalty for Israel's Rebellion
38 Joshua the son of Nun, who stands before you, he shall enter. Encourage him, for he shall cause Israel to inherit it. 39 And as for your little ones, who you said would become a prey, and your children, who today have no knowledge of good or evil, they shall go in there. And to them I will give it, and they shall possess it. 40 But as for you, turn, and journey into the wilderness in the direction of the Red Sea.’

I say
So God in His Agape ---Shows children His Grace and Mercy -----and deems them innocent ------Jesus calls little Children Innocent in scripture -----

unsafe

Kimmio =you said ----- Why do Fundamentalist Christians choose to have children, if they believe we’re in the End Times;

First ---I do not believe in all these fancy --stupid ---redictulos names that people have put on the Christian label ------

Jesus said your either for me or against me -----that is it -----

The Children who live with True Christian families will go with their parents when Jesus comes to take all true Christians off this earth before the 7 year Tribulation period ?-----that is what I believe ------

There is debate on when this caught up known as the Rapture happens by different Scholars ---

---the dead will rise first it says and then all believers will be Caught up in the air with Jesus -------

Many do not believe in this so you are not alone if you also don't believe in what this scripture says -here -----but let me make it very clear ---I do believe in this Scripture and what it is saying here ------ and so do many other True Christians---God says His word Is Truth ----Jesus is the word -------

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (ERV)
The Lord’s Coming
13 Brothers and sisters, we want you to know about those who have died. We don’t want you to be sad like other people—those who have no hope. 14 We believe that Jesus died, but we also believe that he rose again. So we believe that God will raise to life through Jesus any who have died and bring them together with him when he comes.

15 What we tell you now is the Lord’s own message. Those of us who are still living when the Lord comes again will join him, but not before those who have already died.

6 The Lord himself will come down from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. And the people who have died and were in Christ will rise first.

17 After that we who are still alive at that time will be gathered up with those who have died. We will be taken up in the clouds and meet the Lord in the air. And we will be with the Lord forever. 18 So encourage each other with these words.

So this is a Ripley's believe it or not ------all about belief --this is a 14 min video ---2 different views on where the dead and believers are caught up -----

John MacArthur vs Zac Poonen on the topic of the rapture

KayTheCurler

Strange place to ask questions of Fundies! I expect the correct answer is - because they don't THINK.

Mendalla

Agnostic pan(en)theist gorilla
Strange place to ask questions of Fundies!

True enough. There are really only two "fundamentalists" (and I am not sure that either of them really are fundamentalist so much as conservative evangelical, the two are not exactly the same) on here right now.

Kimmio =you said ----- Why do Fundamentalist Christians choose to have children, if they believe we’re in the End Times;

First ---I do not believe in all these fancy --stupid ---redictulos names that people have put on the Christian label ------

Jesus said your either for me or against me -----that is it -----

The Children who live with True Christian families will go with their parents when Jesus comes to take all true Christians off this earth before the 7 year Tribulation period ?-----that is what I believe ------

There is debate on when this caught up known as the Rapture happens by different Scholars ---

---the dead will rise first it says and then all believers will be Caught up in the air with Jesus -------

Many do not believe in this so you are not alone if you also don't believe in what this scripture says -here -----but let me make it very clear ---I do believe in this Scripture and what it is saying here ------ and so do many other True Christians---God says His word Is Truth ----Jesus is the word -------

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (ERV)
The Lord’s Coming
13 Brothers and sisters, we want you to know about those who have died. We don’t want you to be sad like other people—those who have no hope. 14 We believe that Jesus died, but we also believe that he rose again. So we believe that God will raise to life through Jesus any who have died and bring them together with him when he comes.

15 What we tell you now is the Lord’s own message. Those of us who are still living when the Lord comes again will join him, but not before those who have already died.

6 The Lord himself will come down from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. And the people who have died and were in Christ will rise first.

17 After that we who are still alive at that time will be gathered up with those who have died. We will be taken up in the clouds and meet the Lord in the air. And we will be with the Lord forever. 18 So encourage each other with these words.

So this is a Ripley's believe it or not ------all about belief --this is a 14 min video ---2 different views on where the dead and believers are caught up -----

John MacArthur vs Zac Poonen on the topic of the rapture

What about grown children who abandon fundamentalism? Are they going to eternal life or damnation? If there’s any chance they could go to the latter, why ever have kids? No, I don’t get that.

Sin nature is passed on by male sperm? Hmm. Interesting. Here, I thought it was a combo of genetics and learning environment. :unsure::giggle:

So that’s how they get around Jesus not expressing any of Mary’s “sinful” human traits, the “unclean”/ regular human birth, etc. they explain it away by saying sin nature is in the sperm. And people still believe this. Very interesting.

Last edited:
What you wrote in your second Post Here Shows just how much you do not know God and what He says in His word about Children ----

-God has given Children a Grace period --where he does not charge sin to children as they have no idea what sin and consequences is all about -----We are all born with a Sin Nature Kimmio -----The Sin Nature is passed on by the male sperm ---that is why Jesus was born of a woman inseminated by the Holy Spirit not man --------All children are seen as innocent in God's Eyes as they don't fully understand good from evil and the consequences it brings ------All children will go to heaven until they understand what sin is -----

All Children are different so God gives no real concrete age ------Jesus went into the Temple at age 12 -----The Jewish people have it at age 13 ----some see it as 20 as this age is mentioned in scripture for names to be entered into the census

Deuteronomy 1 says this -------in verses 38 -39--40---

The Penalty for Israel's Rebellion
38 Joshua the son of Nun, who stands before you, he shall enter. Encourage him, for he shall cause Israel to inherit it. 39 And as for your little ones, who you said would become a prey, and your children, who today have no knowledge of good or evil, they shall go in there. And to them I will give it, and they shall possess it. 40 But as for you, turn, and journey into the wilderness in the direction of the Red Sea.’

I say
So God in His Agape ---Shows children His Grace and Mercy -----and deems them innocent ------Jesus calls little Children Innocent in scripture -----
Children will go to heaven until they understand what sin is? What happens after that?

Why didn’t God just clean the sin nature from all the sperm, then, and make things a lot easier for all concerned? Why did god not just make sin free sperm, instead of waiting until everyone has sinned and judging their eternal fate?:unsure::barefoot: That sucks. It’s a trap. Besides if you believe God permitted sinful little swimmers, then why is that man’s fault? Why does man have to pay for God’s decision to allow sperm to be sinful nature carriers? ( :unsure: Maybe that’s not God?)

Last edited:

Mendalla

Let's face it, the whole notion that sin is a hereditary curse going back to a failing of the first woman and man is a problematic myth on so many levels, I gave up trying to deconstruct and argue against it eons ago. Even as a myth about humanity's seemingly natural tendency to failure and "missing the mark", it's dubious due to it putting the blame squarely on the female side when, if anything, men have done more harm over the millennia. The damage done by that one bad myth and the doctrines predicated on it is probably incalculable at this point.

Lastpointe

Honestly Kimmel, you don’t engage with fundamentalist here and you certainly don’t with this aggressive post. People have different beliefs. Surely we can support that. Over time many people change or adjust their beliefs. But just because you look down on a fundamentalist belief and disagree only means that you disagree. Many will agree with you. But as in any discussion , if you want honest dialogue you could try to come across a bit less condescending

Honestly Kimmel, you don’t engage with fundamentalist here and you certainly don’t with this aggressive post. People have different beliefs. Surely we can support that. Over time many people change or adjust their beliefs. But just because you look down on a fundamentalist belief and disagree only means that you disagree. Many will agree with you. But as in any discussion , if you want honest dialogue you could try to come across a bit less condescending
I am asking specific questions to probe for clearer answers. And trying not to be dead serious at the same time. But I do want to know how they still believe that sin is carried in sperm.

In all seriousness I want to know why they’d have kids if they believe their young adult kids could end up in eternal hell. I find that reprehensible.

I have a hard time supporting end times theology because it means the world has to end rather grimly, and that means all the non-believers are going to suffer and go to eternal hell according to their beliefs. It’s the job of people of good conscience to question it.

Last edited:

unsafe

Kimmio ----We are all Sinners and separated from God until we receive Jesus as out Lord and Saviour and then we have a name change ---Sinner to Saint ----so Grown children who know good from evil and understand the consequences unless they receive Jesus will Go where God has said sinners will go --------

Kimmio --you said ---- Children will go to heaven until they understand what sin is? What happens after that?

I say ----Sin is then imputed by God upon them and they then become Sinners and need to repent and receive Jesus in their hearts to reconnect back to God ---just like all the rest of us have to do -==-

Kimmio ---you said ------ Why didn’t God just clean the sin nature from all the sperm, then, and make things a lot easier for all concerned? :

I say
God didn't create the Sin Nature ---we Humans did -----God gave Adam the first Christ and his wife Eve complete control over this earth ---once God did that He no longer could just take control over the earth again as that would make God look like He could not be trusted --so he used righteous Judgment when Adam who was the main Person here as He was the First Christ disobeyed God's command ------He put a curse on all 3 involved and and also Cursed this earth as well ----when man fell so did everything here ---trees --plants --animals --etc ---sickness and disease entered ------anxiety ---stress --fear ---all these came into the mix ------and God put them out of the garden to fend for themselves -----

God then out of His Love for His Human Creation ---Sent His Son so as to provide a way that people who wanted to Could reconnect back to Him ------Adam could have saved it all if he had of refused to take the fruit from Eve ---but he took it and he is the cause of bringing the Curse on us all -----Eve was deceived Adam was just plain disobedient -------He gave in to his desire to have the fruit and pushed God aside and out of the picture ----- and for that God punished Him

This is kind of condescending.

Kimmio ----We are all Sinners and separated from God until we receive Jesus as out Lord and Saviour and then we have a name change ---Sinner to Saint ----so Grown children who know good from evil and understand the consequences unless they receive Jesus will Go where God has said sinners will go --------

Kimmio --you said ---- Children will go to heaven until they understand what sin is? What happens after that?

I say ----Sin is then imputed by God upon them and they then become Sinners and need to repent and receive Jesus in their hearts to reconnect back to God ---just like all the rest of us have to do -==-

Kimmio ---you said ------ Why didn’t God just clean the sin nature from all the sperm, then, and make things a lot easier for all concerned? :

I say
God didn't create the Sin Nature ---we Humans did -----God gave Adam the first Christ and his wife Eve complete control over this earth ---once God did that He no longer could just take control over the earth again as that would make God look like He could not be trusted --so he used righteous Judgment when Adam who was the main Person here as He was the First Christ disobeyed God's command ------He put a curse on all 3 involved and and also Cursed this earth as well ----when man fell so did everything here ---trees --plants --animals --etc ---sickness and disease entered ------anxiety ---stress --fear ---all these came into the mix ------and God put them out of the garden to fend for themselves -----

God then out of His Love for His Human Creation ---Sent His Son so as to provide a way that people who wanted to Could reconnect back to Him ------Adam could have saved it all if he had of refused to take the fruit from Eve ---but he took it and he is the cause of bringing the Curse on us all -----Eve was deceived Adam was just plain disobedient -------He gave in to his desire to have the fruit and pushed God aside and out of the picture ----- and for that God punished Him
Where’s the part about the sperm?

And what if people’s adult kids backslide? Knowing that could happen and the consequence could be eternal hell, why have children? That seems so cruel.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
The Sin Nature is passed on by the male sperm ---that is why Jesus was born of a woman inseminated by the Holy Spirit not man --------
This concept goes back to Augustine of Hippo. At the time it was thought that the male sperm contained the entire human being, and that the woman served only as an "incubator" for the complete male seed to be planted and grow. No one really understood the woman's part on genetics. However, modern biology has shown how the embryo receives genes from both father and mother; not just from the male sperm. The argument that sin is passed through the male sperm alone does not hold water anymore (if, indeed, it ever did). Any "proof" based on sin being inherited from the male alone is shown to be false.

Mendalla

This concept goes back to Augustine of Hippo. At the time it was thought that the male sperm contained the entire human being, and that the woman served only as an "incubator" for the complete male seed to be planted and grow. No one really understood the woman's part on genetics. However, modern biology has shown how the embryo receives genes from both father and mother; not just from the male sperm. The argument that sin is passed through the male sperm alone does not hold water anymore (if, indeed, it ever did). Any "proof" based on sin being inherited from the male alone is shown to be false.

Damn, I should have realized that. Of course, the idea that the woman is a passive vessel that receives the child from the man predates Christianity. The Latin "sperm" means "seed", clearly reflecting that idea. So Augustine got it from his Hellenistic education in Greek philosophy. For all the claims about how Christianity has a lock on truth, it has sure borrowed a lot of "truth" from other sources.

I learned about Augustine and their poor grasp of reproduction then, too. I forgot.

Unsafe believes in God’s literal word, not Augustine’s. Unsafe, where is it in the bible?