Should Christians Practice Yoga ?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Still, the point remains, that Yoga predates Christianity. All the rationalization, and all the disrespectful LOL'ing in the world is going to change that reality. Learn to live with it, rather than denying it.

Biblical meditation is about being “filled” with the Spirit. Christianity is about being filled. Yoga is about being “empty”,
Christ calls persons to die to the way of the world. Doing so these persons are resurrected to the way of the spirit. By that spirit they become a member in the body of Christ. Doing so they participate in the mission of Christ; which is rooted in the prophetic declaration of Isaiah. That mission being service to our lost and broken humanity.

Biblical faith is about emptying the cup of material desire so that it may be filled by spiritual purpose.

Some years ago I had a vision. I saw Jesus walking along a road leading from the West to the East. Then I saw the Buddha walking on the same road from the East to the West. At midday Jesus and the Buddha met. They took shelter from the heat under the shade of a tree. While resting they conversed. As the day turned towards evening each rose to continue their journey. Walking away Jesus considered the Buddha an exemplary human being. Likewise, the Buddha considered Jesus an exemplary human being.

There is but one human being. It has been divided by the knowledge of good and evil; which eclipses the all good creation of God. The key indicator exposing those who follow the knowledge of good and evil is the implication, “I am right and you are wrong.”

Last edited:
Well, that escalated quickly. Are you seriously putting yoga on a plane with pedophiles and rape??
Well, not for me to rate how sinful each sin is. But if your goal is faithfulness to God, not a good idea to be messing around with other gods. Kind of right there in the first commandment.

Thus that sinking sensation among subtle ideals ... gods of another sort ... alter'd?

Will not work with those opposed to knowledge learning, etc.

No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other; or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You can’t serve both God and Mammon.”

Mammon is a word pointing to wealth as an evil influence or false object of worship and devotion.

Think about the rich man and the beggar by his door.

No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other; or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You can’t serve both God and Mammon.”

Mammon is a word pointing to wealth as an evil influence or false object of worship and devotion.

This fits with love of will's and hate of knowledge trees!

Ritafee ---you said ----Question: "What is the Christian view of Christian?"

I say ----well I would say ---it depends on which group of Christians you are talking to as to what their view is -----there are 2 types of Christians ----false and true ------so False Christians will have their false view of what a Christian is and the True Christ-ian will have their true view of what a Christ-ian is -----

So your question is hard to answer without a clarification of which Christian group you are referring to ------

Jesus predates everything.
Not too far fetched then to include in his Off Line Masters Degrees ...

Master of all Master Yogis:

"'The Second Coming of Christ: The Resurrection of Christ Within You,' offers startling ideas about the deeper meaning of Jesus' teachings and their essential unity with yoga, one of the world's oldest and most systematic religious paths to achieving oneness with God."

Thanks to @unsafe for this thread which has led me to this online link:

I am looking forward to reading it ... mindfully.

“And ye shall know the truth, And the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32)

Biblical meditation is about being “filled” with the Spirit. Christianity is about being filled. Yoga is about being “empty”, swept clean, susceptible to whoever wants to move in.

Not compatible. But hey, empty works for the left.

Jesus made himself nothing in Philippians 2: 5-8

And Philippians 2:4 Paul says "we are to empty ourselves, looking not to our own interests, but to the interests of others""

"EMPTY YOURSELF that you may be filled. Learn not to love so that you may learn how to love. Draw back, so that you may be approached." St. Augustine Enarration on Psalm 30:3

Blessed are the poor in spirit. Mathew 5:3

Then there is the Jewish Doctrine of Tsimtsum (which Jesus would have been familiar with) that teaches that God withdraws Himself, into Himself, thereby allowing an empty premordial space, into that which is not God, can come into being.
Tsimtsum means concentration or contraction...or beyond being.

In Islam it is referred to as "Fana"

So all three Abrahamic traditions have a word and understanding for this.

Self emptying is challenging for those who consider themselves endowed with a superiority compared to others and even those who consider themselves equal. This is what it means to no longer be Jew or Greek, male or female....we will all have the same mind.

Christ calls persons to die to the way of the world. Doing so these persons are resurrected to the way of the spirit. By that spirit they become a member in the body of Christ. Doing so they participate in the mission of Christ; which is rooted in the prophetic declaration of Isaiah. That mission being service to our lost and broken humanity.

Biblical faith is about emptying the cup of material desire so that it may be filled by spiritual purpose.

Some years ago I had a vision. I saw Jesus walking along a road leading from the West to the East. Then I saw the Buddha walking on the same road from the East to the West. At midday Jesus and the Buddha met. They took shelter from the heat under the shade of a tree. While resting they conversed. As the day turned towards evening each rose to continue their journey. Walking away Jesus considered the Buddha an exemplary human being. Likewise, the Buddha considered Jesus an exemplary human being.

There is but one human being. It has been divided by the knowledge of good and evil; which eclipses the all good creation of God. The key indicator exposing those who follow the knowledge of good and evil is the implication, “I am right and you are wrong.”
Why do your stories remind me of the Book of Mormon? Joseph Smith lying under a wagon around dusk, chewing on peyote. Making up new religion, stealing from another to make his sound believable.

Recall the second ... an onset in an instant of unthinking actions ... instinct as inward smelly ... get beyond thy's elf! Alla' Gory as proven as the public gathered in the Roman Circe for Gladiators to kill one another ... the populace love violence ...

Golden tablets by roue'L~

Why do your stories remind me of the Book of Mormon? Joseph Smith lying under a wagon around dusk, chewing on peyote. Making up new religion, stealing from another to make his sound believable.
I read the Book of Mormon in my youth. At that same time I was making use of Peyote. Both offered me insights regarding the meaning and purpose of my human being.

Unlike Joseph Smith I have no interest in practicing any existing religion or forming any new one. My preference is walking in the way of Jesus. This understood as advocacy for the broken poor of our planet and resistance of the exploitive rich.

As noticed earlier in the thread I welcome Yoga, along with other spiritual disciplines, and reject Capitalism.

Practicing yoga is not messing around with other gods.
Yoga definition:

One of the branches of the Hindu philosophy, which teaches the doctrines of the Supreme Being, and explains the means by which the human soul may obtain final emancipation from further migrations, and effect a junction with the universal spirit.

Christianity, response to only the first obvious indication we are dealing with a different supreme being.

27Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

I was really surprised to hear someone I thought I knew as a Christian express the view that emptying your mind or focusing just on your breath would invite satan into that void left by being in the present.
I heard there is Christian Yoga, which I assume fills that emptiness with prayer or scriptural passages.

I read the Book of Mormon in my youth. At that same time I was making use of Peyote. Both offered me insights regarding the meaning and purpose of my human being.

Unlike Joseph Smith I have no interest in practicing any existing religion or forming any new one. My preference is walking in the way of Jesus. This understood as advocacy for the broken poor of our planet and resistance of the exploitive rich.

As noticed earlier in the thread I welcome Yoga, along with other spiritual disciplines, and reject Capitalism.
So I am a prophet.

And you preach a different religion.

And capitalism is not a spiritual discipline. It is the best known to man system to feed and clothe and prosper the greatest amount of people.

Capitalism definition is - an economic system characterized by private or corporate ownership of capital goods, by investments that are determined by private decision, and by prices, production, and the distribution of goods that are determined mainly by competition in a free market.

sounds pretty good to me.

Back