Self-defense

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Nebulous

Hakuna Matata
Pronouns
He/Him/His
It’s a wild, wild world out there, and knowing how to take someone out at the knees isn't a bad skill to have in your back pocket.

What self defense classes or practices have you studied?

Excited Lisa Simpson GIF by The Simpsons

We had my son in Little Dragons karate for a time but he lost interest. I thought about trying their adult classes, but it is really not my speed. I needed it 45 years ago in any case, not now.

It is said that the best defense is a good offence and some go overboard there and become autonomous.

Is that isolationism if out of balance? Deis mental item ... demented condensed! Folk can be like that ...

We have to take non-violent crisis intervention every two year for work. It also shows you some moves when someone gets at you, how to release a grip etc. However it starts with identifying how to not escalate a situation, signs of people in distress.. and to be honest, if you don’t practice these moves regularly, you won’t remember when you need them.

We have to take non-violent crisis intervention every two year for work. It also shows you some moves when someone gets at you, how to release a grip etc. However it starts with identifying how to not escalate a situation, signs of people in distress.. and to be honest, if you don’t practice these moves regularly, you won’t remember when you need them.
Deconstructing a raging flame???? This can lead to certain unravelling of DNA, etc. Monsanto is accepting certain liabilities ... quietly of course consider the damage to great neural systems. Some industrialists cannot see that far because of hoarded wealth ... a cancer to some thought patterns ...

Balance destruction to keep Mother Nature occupied? That confinement sense ... experience?

Completely agree. I did a few of those sessions when I was still working in a hospital.

I am not capable of physically coping with any situation. I am weak, and a natural coward. I have taken no training.

I am moderately good at controlling my uncontrollable tongue so as not to exacerbate a situation.

Same here. For many years. It's value is mainly in the prevention and de-escalation techniques. Rarely needed to use physical interventions.

Tongues can raise metaphors, sometime devils and diabolical words causing powers to be confused and retreat ...

The often reside in tomes and books as stacked against the powers ... even Trump fears reading into things and situations he has laid out ... no NUs is what? A' Qui to mores ...

A good tongue is held close to home so it will not obscure observations ... yet hate presumes to put love down as a mess ... even as it provides imperfect copies.

Life is like that eternally imperfect ... a vast dark hole in the contrary!

Last edited:
It’s a wild, wild world out there, and knowing how to take someone out at the knees isn't a bad skill to have in your back pocket.

What self defense classes or practices have you studied?

Excited Lisa Simpson GIF by The Simpsons
OOOOOOOS!
In HS I took Shoto Kan Karate
I liked it all except sparring (I accidentally sacked one of my senseis during sparring with a blind kick)
Having our stomachs walked on was fun
As was eventually having my feet so tough so as to be able to walk barefoot over gravel
I also took later on in life a non violent resolution course which was fun

Never had to use any of it
I have always been lucky...I am by nature friendly...

Being a green giant is also helpfull for if you are big people question what you might do to them while mentally vegetating! Mindless vertigo ...

Back