'Saved FROM What?' or "'Saved FOR What?'? What Is Salvation, Anywho?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Saved from fear (yellow) or hunger (red) in the aboriginal consumption of hues ...

Do not cannibalize the neighbours resources ... use fair trade process! Recognize the implications ... yet recognizance is dulled by opinion, that may even be social to the extremes of tyranny! Thus dictatorial communes ... resembling goo lags ... human interpretation may lead to s**tz Anger management ... and how Tz ar' drops out ... an abstract form!

Last edited:
What Is Salvation, Anywho?

I say ---Salvation entails a lot and to just say it is being saved does not do the real meaning justice ---so instead of giving an opinion --I think this word deserves its real translations meanings -----

The Latin and Greek Posted

Salvation comes from the Latin word ----salvo ----it means --to save --rescue --ransom ---release --free --liberate -
https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the-meaning-of/latin-word-7af5c96bf001fd494760aacc951bc97b145e404c.html

https://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Lexicon.show/ID/G4991/soteria.htm

The Greek word for Salvation is ---sōtēria --noun -----deliverance, preservation, safety, salvation ----- deliverance from the molestation of enemies ------1b) in an ethical sense, that which concludes to the souls safety or salvation ------
of Messianic salvation --- salvation as the present possession of all true Christians----- future salvation, the sum of benefits and blessings which the Christians, redeemed from all earthly ills, will enjoy after the visible return of Christ from heaven in the consummated and eternal kingdom of God.

https://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Lexicon.show/ID/G4982/sozo.htm

The Greek word Sozo ----is a verb ----- to save, keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction --- one (from injury or peril) -----to save a suffering one (from perishing), i.e. one suffering from disease, to make well, heal, restore to health ----- to preserve one who is in danger of destruction, to save or rescue------ to save in the technical biblical sense ------to deliver from the penalties of the Messianic judgment ------to save from the evils which obstruct the reception of the Messianic deliverance

I say ------So Sozo is an action word that happens because of God's work -----we cannot earn sozo in any way or form it is Grace based -----God's Love was poured into sending His Son to pay our wrath debt and only by and through us receiving by Saving Faith God's Son in our hearts do we get to partake in this Grace gift of Sozo ------

'Saved FROM What?'

My view ----saved from our self Righteous selves -----and the second death ------

'Saved FOR What?

My view -----saved for having the privilege to reside with our Father in His Heavenly Kingdom forever -----

Salvation is that which gets one out of imitation as flattery of enlightenment you don't believe in ... thus we remain dull and unpolished reflectors ... Black Mires! Lost soles ... they may appear in fishing contests when digging into the attributes of self Vals!

Then one must become aware of the understanding of the metaphor: "Val"! Val carries well ... as a different niche in a world of conformists ...

As I read the article, I was aware of the connection to the Jewish concept of Tikkun Olam. A Whole Earth.

Being now a Spiritual Atheist (No Dogma) ...

As I read the article the word God was interpreted as (being of our one true nature) the word believe as (understand) and the word you as (I).
  • In that sense, then the gospel isn’t just an individualized gnostic message that ( I ) you receive and therefore are saved.
  • What the gospel is is an announcement of (being of our one true nature's) God’s active work of salvation in and through the communities that proclaim it.
  • If (I) you reframe it in that way, then what (I) you have to (understand) believe, what (I) you have to kind of come to terms with is that the proclamation of the gospel has to be coming out of communities that are working for the kingdom, that are living and embodying the kingdom in various ways.
So (parenthesis mine) ... Makes perfect sense to me!

I am no longer certain if the word "salvation" even matters to my worldview. It implies a need to be saved from something by something. I am more of the view that we have to save ourselves. And that's both individual and collective. If there is a God, that God's role must be a support and guidance role. God does not save us, God helps us. I do accept that we often cannot save ourselves by ourselves, but the help we need is first and foremost human help, whether it is professional (doctors, therapists, etc.) or more personal (family, friends, etc.). Again, God may be present in that help, but God is not saving us, but helping and guiding those who are saving us. And saving our society and our species is, of course, a collective effort, not an individual one even if individual actions are part of the process. God's presence may be there empowering and guiding, but it is helping us to save, not saving.

And that's all assuming there is a God with agency and intellect, which I do not take as a given. It may, in the end, be up to us to support each other, guide each other, empower each other toward whatever salvation is needed.

Relationship of two ends is often a sacred dark chord ... that low hum ... Aloem! In the midst a Nietzsche ... some say nestorium ... with a turn of tongue the psyche can make a turn about as it drifts back ... some projectile attributes won;t accept twists, warps, or any rare weavings! --- 3 fates as triumvirate of faith? Many hue 'd ... and darker abstracts to allow enigmatic drift towards reason when all physicality is lost and $ have wings!

Po' choice of words for those that don't give nothing ... constructing hold outs there ... all part of the game of integration ... goes both ways as Jim Meni ... attend to the strange tongues ... there may be Q lo's about editing! Red*action?

Redbaron said:
Another rather interesting and challenging article from my Inbox. Take a look through it, and let me know what you think.

Thanks for sharing.

While there is a lot of meat in the article the either/or seasoning misses, I think, the point. For some reason humanity seems predisposed to an either/or view rather than a both/and.

The whole cannot be saved unless saved in each of its constituent parts. Unless we want to posit relative salvation where one can be mostly saved and so therefore "good enough" actually becomes a possibility and grace once more takes a back seat.

Saved from what? From ourselves mostly I expect. All have sinned and all have fallen short. So we need help and grace is that help.

Saved for what? For God. We are God's works of beauty whether we realize it or not. We were not created to cower in fear but to dwell in life and love. Saved for that I expect.

Saul's conversion from Saul to Apostle Paul is such a great witness to this word Salvation and notice he does not preach anything until he is indwelled by the Holy Spirit -----very important

read about him here
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+9%3A1-19&version=NLV
Acts 9:1-19 (NLV)
Saul Becomes a Christian on the Way to Damascus
Saul Is Baptized

The Gospel ---what is it Really -----The Greek word for Gospel is euaggelion --
https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/nas/euaggelion.html
Definition
  1. a reward for good tidings
  2. good tidings
    1. the glad tidings of the kingdom of God soon to be set up, and subsequently also of Jesus the Messiah, the founder of this kingdom. After the death of Christ, the term comprises also the preaching of (concerning) Jesus Christ as having suffered death on the cross to procure eternal salvation for the men in the kingdom of God, but as restored to life and exalted to the right hand of God in heaven, thence to return in majesty to consummate the kingdom of God
    2. the glad tidings of salvation through Christ
    3. the proclamation of the grace of God manifest and pledged in Christ
    4. the gospel
    5. as the messianic rank of Jesus was proved by his words, his deeds, and his death, the narrative of the sayings, deeds, and death of Jesus Christ came to be called the gos

There is the Gospel of Christ ----The Gospel of God ----The Gospel of the kingdom -------Jesus is the heart of the Gospel from Genesis to Revelation -----

What is the gospel of God -----you can read all here ---some refer to this Gospel as the Glorious Gospel

https://bible.org/seriespage/lesson-2-gospel-god-described-romans-12-4

The gospel of God was promised in the Scriptures and it centers in God’s Son.

1. The gospel of God was promised beforehand through God’s prophets in the holy Scriptures
Why does Paul begin by stating that the gospel of God was that “which He promised beforehand through His prophets in the holy Scriptures”? It’s because he wants to show that he didn’t make up the gospel. It wasn’t Paul’s idea. Rather, it comes to us right out of the Old Testament, which he refers to as the “holy Scriptures.”

God promised the gospel in prototype in Genesis 3:15, right after the fall, when He said that the seed of the woman would bruise the head of the serpent. The gospel was implicit in the Old Testament sacrificial system, revealed most thoroughly to Moses but, I believe, even revealed from the outset to Cain and Abel. The wages of our sin is death, but God graciously would accept the blood sacrifice of an acceptable substitute. We see it again in type when God told Abraham to sacrifice his beloved son, Isaac. God intervened, of course, to provide the ram instead of Isaac. But He was showing what He would literally do by sending His own Son as the necessary offering for our sins. As Isaiah 53 makes plain, Jesus is the lamb of God who was wounded for our transgressions.

2. The gospel of God centers in the person of God’s Son
God’s promise in the Old Testament to send the Savior is fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

What is The Gospel of the Kingdom ?--

read all here ----https://www.gotquestions.org/gospel-of-the-kingdom.html

The phrase gospel of the kingdom and references to “the kingdom of God” and “the kingdom of heaven” are used repeatedly in connection with the Lord Jesus and His work on earth.

read all here -----for this below ---
https://lifehopeandtruth.com/prophecy/kingdom-of-god/gospel-of-the-kingdom/

The good news of the Kingdom of God in the Old Testament
Old Testament prophets had spoken of the Kingdom of God while under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21). Many of them had described the universal peace and abundant prosperity that would accompany this Kingdom that would rule over the earth.

For example, Daniel wrote about the time of Christ’s return to replace the kingdoms of this world. God had revealed this through a dream He gave King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon.

The gospel of the Kingdom of God in the New Testament
When Jesus came to earth, He gave this teaching even greater prominence. Indeed, it was the central core of His instruction.

Jesus Himself will be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords (Revelation 11:15; 19:16). He told Pilate, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth” (John 18:37).

Jesus told His apostles about the part they would play in that coming Kingdom, “But you are those who have continued with Me in My trials.

What is the Gospel of Jesus Christ ?

read all here ---
-https://www.gotquestions.org/gospel-of-Jesus-Christ.html

The gospel of Christ is the good news of His coming to provide forgiveness of sins for all who will believe

For me the article misses the whole point of the real Gospel and it's full meaning -----

The gospel of Christ is the good news of His coming to provide forgiveness of sins for all who will believe
So the lamb has been slaughtered once and for all ... Nothing left for us to do but wait for the second coming. No preparation needed other than believe it or not and wait for the reward or damnation. Nothing to do here folks. Hurry up and wait.

What is it actually that you want to do there Ritafee-----?

I tis a gory story in spatial terms of psyche ... in the grace of what we don;t know of eternal things far beyond our grasp!

However one cannot express this to the established determinate ... tis ineffable and dirt ... untouchable! But if one doesn't get right into ide ... nothing rubs off like the holy unguent ... greek formula! Pseu dopi graphic ... when somnolent! Dreams from the other point?

More ribbings ... bloody gory ... and agoraphobia from the folks that will not go there ...

So the lamb has been slaughtered once and for all ... Nothing left for us to do but wait for the second coming. No preparation needed other than believe it or not and wait for the reward or damnation. Nothing to do here folks. Hurry up and wait.

@unsafe, curious, doesn't this sound like a good synopsis of your belief? How is it different?

If nothing is done one is innocent ... or perhaps already dead ... somnambulant?

In this heavenly state of mind one only sees the immediate Ci!

BetteTheRed ------she said this ---- No preparation needed other than believe it or not and wait for the reward or damnation.

Have no idea what preparation she is talking about here ----the Opening Post is about the Gospel and the article only mentions one gospel when really there as I have shown there are 3 separate gospels talked about with Jesus as the center ---- from beginning to end of all the Gospels -----

I mentioned nothing about preparation ----she needs to Clarify why she mentions this -----what Preparation is there to do -----what does she mean ?-----

Back