RIP Michael J. Brooks

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Reaction score
Michael Brooks died yesterday, from a blot clot. He was 37. He was a left wing political commentator with his own YouTube show, which was a spin off of the Majority Report. He hosted MR on Thurdays, and joined host Sam Seder, as cohost, usually a couple of other days a week. Sometimes he would get silly and make bad jokes - but when he was serious about an issue, he did his homework, and had a great deal of insight, as well as knowledge of history and politics. He was gaining respect as a strong voice on the left, and probably did more in depth research and reporting on the political situation in Brazil than anyone in the US in recent years. Condolences have been pouring out, including from Lula DaSilva himself - the two met sometime in the past year. Glenn Greenwald, Bernie Sanders’ wife, Marianne Williamson, many others. And Fox News even published a short but respectful article about him..

That hit me like daggers for some reason. I was crying. Maybe it’s the combination of YouTube shows sometimes feeling more intimate than TV - it at least feels like there’s more of an engaging, participatory format - it can feel like you know them. Especially lately, with everyone staying home and video chatting - we’re all in the same boat in many ways. Also, he was too young, with so much more potential, and he was just getting started.

The last interview I watched/ listened to the other day, I think, was his last. I’m not sure if it was made last Thurs. or earlier - was an excellent interview with journalist Milton Allimadi about systemic racism in the US, including
some of the lesser acknowledged consequences.

Last edited:

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Reaction score
I know

f***in hell

Brilliantly funny guy
Kind and gentle

All kinds of people mourning his death

I read aboot it first via Glenn Greenwald

I'm glad his presence is still available online

His twitter

His Patreon

His youtube

A uniter of people a deep humanist

Rest in power, comerade

Ram Daas if he was still alive would give him quite a send off :3

Also neet 2 hear his Integral Theory riffs

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

Last edited:

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Reaction score
"Michael was sharp, hilarious, sensitive. His hustle was unreal. He had so much work left to do."
--Heidi Matthews

"Oh Michael Brooks, my pal, my favorite caring leftist goofball. Michael was such a good commentator because he truly cared about people, and he infused his leftist principles with what he got from his spiritual practice. A thoughtful mind and a warm heart. RIP, buddy."
--Connor Habib

"Society judges us by all the wrong standards, like how wealthy we are or what status we have. Michael was one of the most successful people I knew because he touched millions of lives and was a giant for truth and justice. It was an honor to know him"
--Cenk Uygur

"We lost a real light today. Gratitude for what he gave to all of us and blessings on his journey forward"
--Marianne Williamson

It is indeed in the shelter of each other that the people live

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege