Repeat situation

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

KayTheCurler

One of our daughters developed gangrene when she developed appendicitis. Quite scary for us adults! However, she recovered with no lasting after effects.
One of our grandsons is recovering currently from the same scenario.
Both times we were told that this is extremely rare. Just seems weird that we have two cases of it!

That IS weird Kay! Seems we don't hear so much about appendicitis these days - it seemed a common occurance (along with tonsillitis) when I was a kid. My mom's dad actual died of ruptured appendix many decades ago - he was the town doc in a small town in Quebec - raising the question who is the doctor's doctor?

Hopefully he feels better soon. Maybe something about their anatomy or chemistry or something that makes it more likely?

That IS weird Kay! Seems we don't hear so much about appendicitis these days - it seemed a common occurance (along with tonsillitis) when I was a kid. My mom's dad actual died of ruptured appendix many decades ago - he was the town doc in a small town in Quebec - raising the question who is the doctor's doctor?
Maybe some of it is age and the people you know?
I would hope it's also better diagnostics. Sometimes people have their appendix taken out when other things are the issue.

I was suggesting that, if appendicitis seems less common than a few decades ago, that might be diet related.

It has just spread into the hut as in test Tyne ... a Tay 'd too much of things we don't understand?

Consider the effect of endogenous and endogeneity as divined ... creates a void ... some say castoff the NU's ... because of paranoia ... insecurity of sorts?

Makes no sense? Perhaps because of the elimination of something mist! Nebulous feelings ... hare eh? A Muse in ... attenuation?

At ease ... it is only relaxation ... only a theory! They arrive at night like buggies ... daughter of a friend used that expression for privates ... word are queer that way ... as rite! Never lose the o Ræ ... Çæ it runs! Bill Blake said right to the Scie*th ... that sliver in the night's guise ... there has to be a story behind that ...

Maybe there is still the same amount of cases, but they are less obvious now? Used to be weeks of being sore and moving carefully. Now many cases are done through a couple of tiny holes and life returns to normal quite quickly.. There is a word for that type of surgery but I can't remember how to spell it - lap something!

La Par Zæ ... parse ... allow parse 'n! So said ...

If we only understood relaxation theory and reproduction better! Nothing has to be worked at immediately ... that's Job just in time ... time lies?

Yep. And this ape managed to get appendicitis just before they started using laparoscopic surgery for appendices so had mine out the old fashioned way. Ugh.
My younger daughter had her appendix out the old fashioned way. She too had gangrene and also an abscess on her colon that they cut out. She still recovered better than my grandude! I recall her surgery was LONG as they cleaned out every vestige of gangrene they could find. I can't begin to imagine how that would be done laparoscopically.

Wow Kay sounds like you have your hands full.
I too have had some things going on with my family. My daughter has endometriosis and because of severe pain she chose to have a hysterectomy at 38, six weeks ago. Her surgery was laparoscopic surgery. Which is far better than the way hysterectomies used to be done. Unfortunately she hemorrhaged after coming home from Hamilton and had to be given blood transfusions. Pretty scary.
To make matters worse she got C diff very bad, possibly from the antibiotics she was given or through transmission from the hospital. So she was back on antibiotics for the C diff which had also become very painful. She just finished two rounds of vancomycin.
It's good to check which antibiotics should be taken with probiotics.
Her first antibiotic was to be taken with probiotics, but the one she took for C diff (vancomycin),wasnt to be taken with probiotics (from latest 2021 studies)
Probiotics help prevent geting C diff when you are taking certain antibiotics for other reasons.
It's been a hectic 6 weeks.
So worrisome when our loved ones are sick.
Hugs

Medical things can get very scary very quickly eh. Sorry your daughter (and those who love her) have this to deal with. I wonder if there are more cases of C Diff nowadays. I have heard of several people with it recently.
Laparoscopic surgery seems to have plenty of failures still. It is wonderful when all goes well but problematic when there is a complication. I've had a couple of lung biopsies done that way and guided by CT. I found it strange to be awake knowing that there were needles going into my lung!

Back