Random thoughts about whatever

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

People paid just to watch what is right or wrong ... authorities despise such folks that see as seers! Look out ...

Imagine what's out there whetting our abstract form ... and on it goes ... out there beyond where the pious would like to refrain us as confined!

Can the shadow thus creep? As vaporized according to Freud ... thus nebulous blossoming! Leads to Uncertainty Theory that the stoic are really fixed given the failure rate of Romans ... in Exclusion Theory that too is out ...

Where is out with the in crowd? There! They lost it and all was Luce deh! Light travels ...

Why would a Creator of the Universe that created the earth and all living things come up with bedbugs? What greater purpose do they serve in the ecosystem other than to utterly stress humans out? I mean, haven’t we got enough problems managing ourselves and the planet? Why bedbugs?

Likewise, even if you’re a hardcore atheist - what is the scientific purpose of bedbugs in the ecosystem? Just what? They do nothing but suck human blood and give people itchy spotty skin. They aren’t even good at spreading diseases to help the diseases survive. Likewise, fleas. But I think fleas can spread disease (?). Bedbugs, apparently don’t. They just spread stress and anxiety and insomnia and unnecessary work (only necessary if you have them and need to exterminate them - but they even make you work to find them - Nevermind any clutter - they can hide in clean linen closets and electrical outlets and behind picture frames and they plague hotel and hostel guests alike. They don’t care how organized you are - they’ll find hiding places as narrow as a credit card). Even the thought of potentially having them causes all the above. Why?

Last edited:
Humanity may not survive another 100 yrs but bedbugs (as long as one other warm blooded mammal survives) and cockroaches likely will. Seems kinda unfair because their sole purpose seems to be to bother other creatures. At least we try to be ethical, sometimes.

Why would a Creator of the Universe that created the earth and all living things come up with bedbugs? What greater purpose do they serve in the ecosystem other than to utterly stress humans out? I mean, haven’t we got enough problems managing ourselves and the planet? Why bedbugs?

Likewise, even if you’re a hardcore atheist - what is the scientific purpose of bedbugs in the ecosystem? Just what? They do nothing but suck human blood and give people itchy spotty skin. They aren’t even good at spreading diseases to help the diseases survive. Likewise, fleas. But I think fleas can spread disease (?). Bedbugs, apparently don’t. They just spread stress and anxiety and insomnia and unnecessary work (only necessary if you have them and need to exterminate them - but they even make you work to find them - Nevermind any clutter - they can hide in clean linen closets and electrical outlets and behind picture frames and they plague hotel and hostel guests alike. They don’t care how organized you are - they’ll find hiding places as narrow as a credit card). Even the thought of potentially having them causes all the above. Why?
I suppose because some creatures find them tasty?

Given that eSports "athletes" (professional videogamers) are making pro sports level coin in some cases, attract huge followings online and even get TV coverage in some countries, nothing really surprises me anymore.
Anyone else ever play a multi-player online game against a "pro"?

You're dead so fast you don't even know what happened. I mean, I'm well above average in the games I've played. There are stats, and I'm generally top 20% at least.

The combination of speed and skill is pretty amazing.

However, I cannot watch others play video games. Can not, and will not. Younger people can, however. It seems to be a generational thing.

Humanity may not survive another 100 yrs but bedbugs (as long as one other warm blooded mammal survives) and cockroaches likely will. Seems kinda unfair because their sole purpose seems to be to bother other creatures. At least we try to be ethical, sometimes.
That's not true, though. Roaches, in particular, are important scavengers in their original niches and ecosystems. Like rats, they are bothering us only because our society creates a niche for them that is even easier for a scavenger to survive in than the forest floor litter. Absent our crowded, messy, dirty cities, they would not bother anyone.

Mosquitoes and bedbugs, on the other hand, are a bit harder to pin down. They are basically opportunistic feeders, filling a niche where few creatures go: Eating other creatures without actually killing and devouring them. But, again, they bother us because our societies have made it easier for them to breed and obtain sustenance. After all, absent beds, bedbugs are no longer "bedbugs" just a louse or tick-like parasite trying to latch on to whatever large mammal happens to pass by or lay down near them. It would not surprise me if they evolved into their current form because of the existence of beds, though I haven't done research to see if that's how they are viewed by science right now. IOW, much like the Batman and The Joker in the 1989 Batman movie, we might have inadvertently created our own nemesis.

And to suggest they are "unethical" is applying a human standard to them. In nature, they simply exist because drinking blood of other creatures is a way to get nourishment, creating an ecological niche for creatures who do that.

Bed bugs are to improve the blasphemy of mental simplicity as Ruth proved to Boaz by appearing after dark undercovers ... to extend the myth of what's sheik must be sheer and perhaps rye as a teddy in the woods ... the great ithch*heh goes on ... if only to prove the faults in copious reproduction ... where we seem to be somewhat unstable ... fresh and fetching note?

We never learn without pain of some sort! Even a sheen on the water as Shaman in some ancient tradition hidden in depth of psyche ... perfect Black as mister or MS us ... thus chi went searching for what became nebulous in thin form ... skin tags? Affiliations ... a' filly a' shuns? Dun gone ... resembling Lucile ... that gnawing de terior at ion dissociative; investigative word ... as they get into what' self! Won Quies ...

Something Eris Cis ... all essence and phantom ...

Last edited:
That's not true, though. Roaches, in particular, are important scavengers in their original niches and ecosystems. Like rats, they are bothering us only because our society creates a niche for them that is even easier for a scavenger to survive in than the forest floor litter. Absent our crowded, messy, dirty cities, they would not bother anyone.
Mosquitoes and bedbugs, on the other hand, are a bit harder to pin down. They are basically opportunistic feeders, filling a niche where few creatures go: Eating other creatures without actually killing and devouring them. But, again, they bother us because our societies have made it easier for them to breed and obtain sustenance. After all, absent beds, bedbugs are no longer "bedbugs" just a louse or tick-like parasite trying to latch on to whatever large mammal happens to pass by or lay down near them. It would not surprise me if they evolved into their current form because of the existence of beds, though I haven't done research to see if that's how they are viewed by science right now. IOW, much like the Batman and The Joker in the 1989 Batman movie, we might have inadvertently created our own nemesis.

And to suggest they are "unethical" is applying a human standard to them. In nature, they simply exist because drinking blood of other creatures is a way to get nourishment, creating an ecological niche for creatures who do that.
It was sort of a sarcastic/ funny comment about ethics but I get your point.
Actually the whole post was meant to be kinda funny - but it’s also serious. They’re endemic in Vancouver. Construction worker here doing renovations said 90% of hotels in Vancouver have them. I looked it up and couldn’t find that statistic but I saw something else and I think the figure was 68% of hotels worldwide. So 90% here wouldn’t surprise me. So it’s not fair for neighbours to get nasty about it.

It was sort of a sarcastic/ funny comment about ethics but I get your point.
Actually the whole post was meant to be kinda funny - but it’s also serious. They’re endemic in Vancouver. Construction worker here doing renovations said 90% of hotels in Vancouver have them. I looked it up and couldn’t find that statistic but I saw something else and I think the figure was 68% of hotels worldwide. So 90% here wouldn’t surprise me. So it’s not fair for neighbours to get nasty about it.
Indeed. I think we need to realize that we are sharing this planet with ALL of nature, not just the cute fluffy ones we like. And if we don't want bedbugs and roaches, clean cities with good sanitary systems and proper housing for all would go a long way towards fixing that. Better than just pulling out the spray every time we see one.

Then there are roaches that went through life smoking ... and the old saying about caution in what you consume as you may be come ide ... a random thing as quantum comes?

Very dissonant to those believing they have everything in order ... when God knows everything that is beyond mortals! That's just that normal self of eternalization! It does relieve us of some intimate follows with their nose not in the proper place ... and there are icons ... as declared signs ... oft denied!

Bedbugs are fairly common in Saskatoon (elsewhere across the province too). People seem to get a bit paranoid about them. A cousin-in-law, who lives in a Seniors high rise had her suite fumigated recently. She immediately made arrangements to move to a different Seniors high rise. She doesn't seem to understand that her next living space may also get infested.

We had bedbugs occasionally at the residential facility where I worked. The room where they were discovered would be emptied then fumigated. Usually there would only be a couple and they'd be vanquished promptly

Back