Racist/Islamophobic attack in London, Ontario

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

And just to add.....there was an interview with one of his friends that stated his car had steering problems the 3 days before.....so hopefully his court lawyer will look into that and have his car inspected. I'm not trying to defend him, but these things have to be explored and I'm glad there is a ban.....because this kid is already convicted via media.

Last edited:
I know nobody wants to hear this right now, BUT there is more evidence that a young person can successfully be rehabilitated back into society than an older inmate. So away for life? To me, serve time, but work on rehab IMO.
Yeah, this guy may be salvageable based on what we have heard so far. There's some involved in these attacks, though, that are probably not.

If you scroll down you can read about the issues with the car and testimony from a middle eastern friend....but of course, headlines are about his laughing....nervous reaction or demon?

I was a bit surprised by the terrorism charges based on a similar attack here where there were not any. I'm not sure of the level of motive they had in each case though - here there was a flag brought at the time.

And another one, b someone known to police, in Hamilton area.

Cambridge mosque was also vandalized. (Small one on Elliott St. I didn't even know it was a mosque!)

Does brute force overcome intelligence if you know less than would be advantageous to stabilize the battles over nothing?

Can't say that many are not above retaining brute forces ...

A year later, and London has a campaign underway to make sure the Afzaal family and what happened to take them from us are remembered. There's a march today, and a variety of other events to remember and educate. Official page from the city:

Unfortunately, one of the side effects of Ford's win is that the anti-Islamophobia bill (Our London Family Act was the official name, IIRC) that was proposed by a private member may be dead. The PCs were the only major party not to pledge to reintroduce it as a government bill during the campaign. I imagine it will be revived as a private member's bill once the legislature reconvenes but if the government does not support it, it will die given how big is Ford's majority. Unfortunately, there are those in his back benches who would rather see the right to spread hate protected than attempts to control it.

(Small one on Elliott St. I didn't even know it was a mosque!)
Not sure if I missed this or just ignored it. The mosque where I attended a funeral a few years back (my son's best friend's grandmother) was just a unit in a commercial plaza. It was right next door to the place where I buy parts for my windows. The family are Ismailis, who have their own "Islamic center" separate from the big mosque on Oxford.

This...and it seems to be a "virus" that's spreading.
Sadly, both cure and vaccine seem to be rather elusive. I'll be curious to see how many PC MPPs get booted this time and what for. The only one I can recall from last time who got the boot for being a bigot was Hillier for anti-Semitism. But I would have to go looking for the reasons for the others so maybe he had company. At least he didn't run this time.

I am glad there is some commoration going on

All death deserves commemoration

(I dont think we as a human species will b ever to be 100% rid of hate and still be human--hate uses the same "mechanisms" as love. We can however have "mechanisms" that try to mitigate and help with healing and reconciliation...look towards the aboriginal for one)

We can however have "mechanisms" that try to mitigate and help with healing and reconciliation
And we can remove those who take their hate to this extreme from society while that healing and reconciliation goes on. This guy may be salvageable, as some have suggested. That does not mean we can let him loose on the world willy-nilly. This is part of mitigation.

Yet a bunch of humans hate anything beyond them on any vector!

The determination not to learn of alien stuff ... I find that urge strange!

And we can remove those who take their hate to this extreme from society while that healing and reconciliation goes on. This guy may be salvageable, as some have suggested. That does not mean we can let him loose on the world willy-nilly. This is part of mitigation.
Exactly, let them loose would be silly :3

And avoiding something like a carcereal state like some countries (including the USA-- they love locking people up and not rehabilitating but still stuck in punitive area)

Illegal actions are dealt with :3

I rather like what some aboriginal do-- put the "criminal" on an island?

Exactly, let them loose would be silly :3

And avoiding something like a carcereal state like some countries (including the USA-- they love locking people up and not rehabilitating but still stuck in punitive area)

Illegal actions are dealt with :3

Autonomous reactions ...

Which only gets you so far. If they are smart and resourceful, they won't be staying on the island. And for someone like a gang leader or terrorist, the possibility of a rescue attempt by their supporters or sympathetic groups would be there, too. Some kind of security would still be needed.

Back