Punishing Parents

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

That's fair. I agree.

Me, too. And from the opposite end of the picture, what about children who grow up to be perfectly wonderful adults, despite some pretty awful parenting. I mean, honestly, my parenting style might most accurately have been described as "benign neglect", and my kids are great kids. And I hear the disrespectful things people say to their children, and I think "that voice in going to live in that kid's head forever with those kind of messages".

Yeah it's not a simple cause and effect thing. I have read that children who do well in the face of terrible parenting often have another nourishing adult in their lives. An aunt or uncle, grandparent, teacher etc.

And we cannot underestimate the significance of peer groups as children grow up.

And we cannot underestimate the significance of peer groups as children grow up.

Perhaps not for all. Most of my peer groups substantiated my working theorem that many humans are wyrd and naturally cruel. I suppose that has had an effect on my character. I might have been more trusting, less reserved.

Perhaps not for all. Most of my peer groups substantiated my working theorem that many humans are wyrd and naturally cruel. I suppose that has had an effect on my character. I might have been more trusting, less reserved.
Fully agree. Two of our children had nasty peers in school. Frustrating when school staff refuse to acknowledge or act on bullying issues. The dark side of life in rural communities.

Bullying by peer is something we were starting to ask about in mental health practice before I retired. It can have a profound effect

Frustrating when school staff refuse to acknowledge or act on bullying issues.
Having been on the receiving end of bullying the days when it was often brushed off by teachers, I hear you. Still affects me to some degree. Not sure if it qualifies as PTSD, but I am sure my anxieties around person-to-person interactions have roots in it.

Having been on the receiving end of bullying the days when it was often brushed off by teachers, I hear you. Still affects me to some degree. Not sure if it qualifies as PTSD, but I am sure my anxieties around person-to-person interactions have roots in it.
Back then there was also another unwritten rule that one shouldnt be a squealer which contributed to a Billy's continued harrassment.
Probably still exists today.
And online they rely on, " dont tell anyone".

Is a mindless crime sprees a blind dynamic supported by two headed monsters called governing oppositions?

From such sprees learning gets sophisticated ...

Back