Pride Week, Some Places

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
It's going to be a year of rather quiet Pride festivals, I think. No parade or carnival in Victoria Park here. Smaller events, mostly virtual, are happening though.

And maybe that's not a bad thing. As important as it is to uplift and celebrate the LGBTQ community, maybe a quieter, more reflective Pride could do it in its own way.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Do people have things they do for Pride outside of attending Pride events? Kind of personal homages or celebrations? I don't really save for having a Pride version of my usual avatar (now up).

ninjafaery

I just am
Reaction score
They are big on Pride decorations here in Freddy...partly because of both a lively arts and queer community.
Two words. Yarn bombing.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Reaction score
Do people have things they do for Pride outside of attending Pride events? Kind of personal homages or celebrations? I don't really save for having a Pride version of my usual avatar (now up).
There's a few people in the neighbourhood who put out pride flags.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Google Doodle today honours Martha P. Johnson, a key figure in the Stonewall Riots that led to the beginning of Pride. The Advocate has a good article about the Doodle and Johnson.

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Reaction score
Or month, depending on where you are. And all celebrations are either off, or virtual. To cheer you, I offer a Barrie poet's Pride poem, written for Grace United Church, read by a number of Grace members, and featuring our new rainbow pathway.

Its always Pride

Or as I like to call Pride "Humanity Burgeoning"

Saw something new the other day

Nutmeg n I were dog sitting and we heard some loud car beeps...we thot maybe a wedding?

So I searched (taking my mask with me) and eventually saw a bunch of cars celebratin
In the nice sunny day

Some with GaybowTM swirling sequins on their hoods
Others with political slogans
Juat overall having a good time
(I didnt see anyone kneel)

They went around the neighbourhood twice

We're adapting. We humans always do. After 3 months of lockdown, human rights violations, sombunall of us continue to thrive. Yay humanity for a physical diatancing Celebration of Human Burgeoning.

So here'sa salutation of a member of the LGBTHKMP3RSTLNEwithaside of mayo for which Wondercafe 2 continues to be a Safe-Enough-Place (living in one of the minority of places in the world where it is relatively safe 2 be me) :3

Be well, friends, and continue to thrive

#BeNotAfraid
#MutualAid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege