Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Pride month is June and it is here. With the pandemic still raging, though fading, most festivities are going to be virtual or smaller in scale again this year. That does not mean they are not happening though. There is lots to celebrate but also a lot to discuss and think about for the LGBTQ2S community (probably missed some letters there).

What's up in your neck of the woods? What are communities doing? What are churches doing?

Several local organizations in London have raised the rainbow flag for June, including the local police. There some controversy over that as BLM would prefer the police not be part of Pride, while Pride and the London Police Service have made some great strides in relations between police and the LGBTQ2S community and Pride wants them included to celebrate that.

As usual, the actual Pride London festival isn't until mid-July. It's virtual again this year, hopefully for the last time.

JayneWonders

Our county provided free Pride signs for your yard, just ask.
I missed the request date, then heard there were more to be made available. Signed up last night, and picked one up today.
Very nice.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Wrong month, but marking of the 40 anniversary of the Pisces Spa raid. Police shared video and issued a statement for the hurt caused.

Carolla

wondering & wandering
I saw some stuff on TV about Pride Toronto's celebration this year which included footage of past parades etc & it reminded me of @PilgrimsProgress visit to Toronto some years ago :) She stayed near the gay village (coincidence right?) at Pride time and as I recall had lots of eye popping fun!

PilgrimsProgress

I saw some stuff on TV about Pride Toronto's celebration this year which included footage of past parades etc & it reminded me of @PilgrimsProgress visit to Toronto some years ago :) She stayed near the gay village (coincidence right?) at Pride time and as I recall had lots of eye popping fun!
It was a long time ago -and I was gobsmacked. At that time there was no such thing as gay marriage in Oz. (I remember looking the other way when I saw two elderly men holding hands in public!)
I'll see if I canfind some photos.....IMG_1207.JPG

(It said the other photo of me with a Toronto cop was too large)????

Luce NDs

I did some work at a secluded Geriatric Psychiatric Hospital some years ago ... while evacuating the patients from building to building as the work proceeded .. we noted the elderly patients walked along hand in hand like kinder*gardeners ... someone said you learned all you needed to know there ... and adults caused corruption and adultery! Kids squabble but cause lessor wars ...

ChemGal

One with keen eye
It was a long time ago -and I was gobsmacked. At that time there was no such thing as gay marriage in Oz. (I remember looking the other way when I saw two elderly men holding hands in public!)
I'll see if I canfind some photos.....View attachment 5071

(It said the other photo of me with a Toronto cop was too large)????
I'm guessing all the roofer ones are too large too!
There's a size limit to the photos, you can make a copy at a lower resolution to reduce the file size.

PilgrimsProgress

I'm guessing all the roofer ones are too large too!
There's a size limit to the photos, you can make a copy at a lower resolution to reduce the file size.
I might be getting on in years, but far from me to reduce the size of any man, least of all a Toronto cop!:devil::LOL: