Physical Isolation: Things to do?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
See what an amazingly careful eye that they all have on their virtual conductor.

Carolla

wondering & wandering
So - this happened at my house today! My mate was puttering in the basement - as he is known to do. I wandered down to see what he was up to today & amazingly he had crafted a frame for a huge star & wrapped it with some rope lighting. So we hung it in the yard this evening & it is on a timer to shine each evening. We've dubbed it our Star of Hope & Healing to guide us through these uncertain times. It's a bit brighter than imagined - but so far we have not had any calls from the international space station as it passes overhead!

star small.JPG

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Around here we're taking things out of the non-working microwave and putting them into the working one :p
At least I'm not the only one in the house with this issue.

Luce NDs

I've heard that some people in a remote sense have turned on their Christmas Lights again ... to shed some light in whatever? Knows Hoo (Hu)!

Ritafee

Being Human
The Top 100 Documentaries We Can Use to Change the World
A more beautiful, just and sustainable world is possible. Take this library and use it to inspire global change!
By Films For Action / filmsforaction.org

The Top 100 Documentaries We Can Use to Change the World

Last updated March 29th, 2020. Image: Otro Mundo Es Posible/ Another World is Possible by Beatriz Aurora Castedo, Mexico City

Over the last [13] years, we've watched hundreds of social change documentaries and cataloged the best of them on the site.

There's now so many that we realized we needed to filter this down even further.

So what follows is our list of the very best 100 - hand-picked for their quality, insight and potential to inspire positive change.

All of the films have been selected because they are either free to watch online, or can be rented online.

There are several films we would have loved to add to this list, but they currently don't have an accessible way to view them.

As that changes, we'll be updating this list over time. Enjoy!

Luce NDs

You gotta love ducky stories ... thus duckus here as precious strange angels of unknown character not black and white answers to interrogation ... indicating quantum effects! Leaves some red in the face and other's that insecure yellow shade ... imagine hoo'd appear that way with excess positivity?

Half a cup of negativity and deep thought may be just what's needed ... but did we sacrifice that attribute?

Carolla

wondering & wandering
@Ritafee! OMG - that's amazing! I bet Slippers is having his outdoor excursions curtailed!! Or I wonder if somehow the duck wandered in on its own? Anyway - I agree "Not an ideal start to the day!!" and I love his singing of "born free" !! Thanks so much.

Luce NDs

Duck ins sometimes a good time to grab them when they are R's up --- some eagle theory!

Ritafee

Being Human
@Ritafee! OMG - that's amazing! I bet Slippers is having his outdoor excursions curtailed!! Or I wonder if somehow the duck wandered in on its own? Anyway - I agree "Not an ideal start to the day!!" and I love his singing of "born free" !! Thanks so much.
The biggest that my cat dragged in was a full sized rabbit. And the rabbit did at first appear to be dead. Garry and I ended up chasing it through the house kind of in the same fashion as these two did the duck ... we ended up shooing it out the patio door. I have come home to find sometimes two birds or two bunnies in the house at the same time. One would be dead and the other left alive for the 'indoor sport' of it later? The Cat was always very proud of itself for bringing in these gifts ... No amount of shaming could stop it.

Luce NDs

Hunter killer instinct ... an unconscious attribute in some people ... so it erupts at the worst of times ...

Carolla

wondering & wandering
The biggest that my cat dragged in was a full sized rabbit. And the rabbit did at first appear to be dead. Garry and I ended up chasing it through the house kind of in the same fashion as these two did the duck ... we ended up shooing it out the patio door. I have come home to find sometimes two birds or two bunnies in the house at the same time. One would be dead and the other left alive for the 'indoor sport' of it later? The Cat was always very proud of itself for bringing in these gifts ... No amount of shaming could stop it.
Rabbits are SO good at that 'freeze' response! Can't imagine that chase!!

When I had a cat, the most I would find was a mouse or a small songbird on the doorstep. During university I lived in a second story flat - my lovely Italian landlady did not appreciate the doorstep gifts she would sometimes find! At least they were always outside!! Our later cats were always kept inside.

KayTheCurler

Once upon a time , before we had descendants, we had a cat who was our substitute baby. When we went camping (most weekends during the warmer part of the year) the cat came with us. She was a free roaming animal so we left the bottom of the door zipper in our wee pup tent open so she could come and go. We humans shared a double sleeping bag that filled the floor of the tent.

One night we were both soundly sleeping when the cat came in. She snuck her way to the bottom of sleeping bag - and then let go of the live mouse that she had kept for amusement purposes. We humans started to move - couldn't find a flashlight - couldn't stand up in such a tiny space - mayhem ensued. From here on you can use your vivid imaginations!

Carolla

wondering & wandering
So funny Kay!! I can just imagine!! And prob not much sleep after that - adrenaline being what it is!!

Waterfall

My daughters cat used to put his "trophies" among the toy mice....so when she went to put them somewhere else, she was often surprised to find the living dead among them.