Official Board Secretary Handbook

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Sterton

Meep!
Reaction score
Hi Folks! I've been note-taker for a year now for congregational and official board meetings at my local United Church and was never given any instruction in my role or how to record the minutes. Is there a booklet online somewhere? I haven't found one. Thanks!

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Paths appear in the green-green grass of homoe ... homoe; being an ancient word not commonly understood ... but sometimes meaning common as a thought that was lost. It may parallel John as a common Eire ... something unseen coming between people ... the interim mind!

It is commonly mistaken and thus lost ... as some sol is ... solis to those afraid of thought processing within the common grind! Grits? Eh the path was marked ... path-ah; pathologic? Necrology at it best over the dark and mysterious ... it may nibble at your parts ... comes in common time as dooley observed ... some can't see it coming due to essential inhibitions because of how they were burned at first ... that's passion unrequited!

All this may backfire or create feedback depending on the consumption rates ... read into it and you find there is not end to it especially when deep inuit ... the cold neural winter ... flakey and restfilled ... the work ethic was interrupted by ah (via) Muse ...

Illustrates the similarity of "b" and the Hebrew "ו" said to be a vav ... of avarice ... wrinkles in the system forming the base of prayerful thought ... accept it as indelible! That well burned into the tree ... carrying wisdom ... Oh din 've sacra mental Ness ... or listen up!

Last edited:

Seeler

Reaction score
There probably is an official guide somewhere points out various styles of taking minutes. Most I have seen are pretty much narratives in the main events covered during the meeting with more or less detail. Others stick to the facts: date, time, and place; those present; motion made and seconded. Passed or not – with little or no information about discussion before the vote.
Do you have minute books from the previous secretary. If so, you may want to review her style; and gradually make changes until it becomes your own.

Seeler

Reaction score
I was once a secretary for small church related group. Most issues were settled by consensus without a formal motion for a vote. If I had been reporting only the facts the minutes would have been very short indeed.

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Short facts may be minute ... thus the detailing slips! We loose a great bulk due to lack of curiosity ... that's denied interest! Passions do it ...

The irrational is agin the rational ... thus the entry to the unconscious ide ... tis obscure and dark ... perhaps the shadow of occult and covert actions! Under handed ...