Northwind's health updates

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Northwind

Stationary nomad.
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
So I'm on this roller coaster ride. I didn't sign up for this. I thought I would have heard from the MRI booking people by now. The referral was sent over pm Thursday morning. Even knowing there's an appointment in the works would be helpful right now f***

Waiting is the worst. It does seem like scheduling should be a faster, smoother process. Once we know final details and treatment plan becomes clear, I think life somehow feels a smidge more predictable. Glad your weather is at least improving for your wonderful daily walks - waiting for spring is a different thing entirely.

I'm going to connect with the surgeon's office tomorrow. I suspect the MRI info isn't the most important at this stage. I think it is more for the surgery decisions

I'm going to connect with the surgeon's office tomorrow. I suspect the MRI info isn't the most important at this stage. I think it is more for the surgery decisions
Have you been tested for any of the associated genes or your family? Probably won't affect immediate decisions, but possibly ones further down the line.

I asked him about genetic testing. He said that wasn't available. I wonder if I asked in a way that he misunderstood. I thought there was such testing, especially for breast cancer

I asked him about genetic testing. He said that wasn't available. I wonder if I asked in a way that he misunderstood. I thought there was such testing, especially for breast cancer
Yeah, there certainly is. Maybe too much detail for the surgeon to discuss right now? It may be worthwhile asking a GP, I think the testing can take a while.

I imagine it was partly because there are more important issues at this point. I will ask another time. Do you have suggestions on what specifically to ask for?

I imagine it was partly because there are more important issues at this point. I will ask another time. Do you have suggestions on what specifically to ask for?
Genetics is such a fast paced field, it's not something I'm up to date on. The ideal would be to see a genetic counsellor, but no idea what those types of wait times are like.

You could call the. MRI place and have yourself put an the cancelation list? That way, you find out if the referral got there or was missed.

Waiting with you...hope you hear back today. I like Mrs Anteater's idea to call. At least you might get more info.
At any rate, hope everything falls into place quickly.

I did call the MRI booking and left a message. I'll call again today. I suspect it will be hard to get through to a real person

Back