Netflix & Streaming Services

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I always imagine that era and there being a lot of a particular shade of blue. My grandma used to have everything in that colour. I'm interested in costume and set design. The hospital is fantastically surreal. I doubt there were any psych hospitals then that looked like luxury hotels. And the acting is good satire, I think. Re: Ratched

Immagine a young nurse well-cranked ... with mind that's bolted from the virtual reality of life demanding walking softly, etc.
She's a complicated one. Seems like she should be a patient, not a nurse. Same with the hospital director. Personality disordered, and duplicitous people with power.

A couple of nights ago we watched Enola Holmes and REALLY enjoyed it. A wonderful flight of imagination with some female emancipation info thrown in.

A couple of nights ago we watched Enola Holmes and REALLY enjoyed it. A wonderful flight of imagination with some female emancipation info thrown in.
I wondered about that.....good to know, I will give it a try.

We finished watching Schitts Creek and REALLY enjoyed it! Thanks to those who recommended it otherwise I would have not bothered....it's hilarious and yes, you do fall in love with the characters.

I wondered about that.....good to know, I will give it a try.

We finished watching Schitts Creek and REALLY enjoyed it! Thanks to those who recommended it otherwise I would have not bothered....it's hilarious and yes, you do fall in love with the characters.
I watched a couple of episodes years ago and just couldn't get into it. As for Canadian shows, I miss Corner Gas. It was funny (I thought), and I bonded with the characters - even though I had little in common with them. They remind me of some relatives. Like family.

We are watching The Hundred. Lots of action and suspense but (of course) totally unrealistic. Interesting portrayals of character types.

We are watching The Hundred. Lots of action and suspense but (of course) totally unrealistic. Interesting portrayals of character types.
Assuming this is the post-apocalyptic series also known just as 100, I hear it jumped the shark in later seasons. Haven't partaken myself, though.

Is that the one where they were on a ship and then a 100 go back to earth?
I was watching that quite a while ago, I keep meaning to get back to it but haven't.

Enola was great. Thanks for whoever recommended that earlier. I had it on my list, but it spurred me to actually throw it on one night.

I could have added the extra word - I can't read the title on the tv!
Is that the one where they were on a ship and then a 100 go back to earth?
I was watching that quite a while ago, I keep meaning to get back to it but haven't.
Yeah - people on a spaceship that is running out of oxygen...... a group of 100 is sent to earth to see if it is habitable since the atomic war that made everyone flee in a spaceship.

I could have added the extra word - I can't read the title on the tv!

Yeah - people on a spaceship that is running out of oxygen...... a group of 100 is sent to earth to see if it is habitable since the atomic war that made everyone flee in a spaceship.
If you're enjoying that the 3% is also good. Subtitled. Also I only saw 1 season. I'm finding with netflix I'm pretty bad at going back to many shows, I'm more into binging/watching a few episodes every couple of days. Once I'm to the end of what's available I don't often go back when a new season is out unless it's something I'm really looking forward too - OITNB, Handmaid's tale, etc.

Art imitating life or…

With the events that take place in The Barrier, it seems almost impossible (or extremely eerie) that this series was created in a pre-Pandemic world. There’s a virus that involves coughing and has virtually shut down everything.

Then a World War 3 hits and governments take over in brutal ways followed quickly by a 25-year time-jump.

In the year 2045, we see Madrid as a city that works but looks more like one big back alley. Also, there’s a big wall (the barrier) in the middle, and on the other side, life continues as usual.

The virus still exists (probably mutations of the original one) and fear of getting sick is still prevalent as is the search for a vaccine.

Just as it’s the case with The Handmaid’s Tale, the various elements of the story in The Barrier are taken from the real world. From people spying on their neighbors to the symbols used by the military and the lies and propaganda on the one news channel allowed.

Plus, of course, the very current Pandemic issues we’re all-too-familiar with right now. Including cleanliness, curfews, and other limitations.

It’s just incredibly creepy.

The solution to not spying on your neighbour is being autonomous and knowing nothing ... consider the number of neighbours in the environment (surrounding us).

Naivete is biblical ... and then there is the wise domain that is beyond us (here and now). Potentially a time warp ... a gravid wave with vast affections!

Different wrinkles depending on position ...

I really enjoyed "Away" with Hillary Swank and now I've just heard they are cancelling the series.......it was so good too.
Now they're stuck on Mars forever.......I'm upset!

Back