NATURE, NURTURE & PNEUMATURE ( a neo-logism. I love new words).

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

RevLindsG King

Rest In Peace
NATURE, NURTURE & PNEUMATURE ( a neo-logism. I love new words).
As a UNI-theist--the latter, for me, is the important and valuable component we call, consciousness, which enables me to say, "I am!", and then ask, "Are you?"... Are both of us free to say: " I am and I know, I do--that is, within certain limits--and I am free to be and to do and to grow, grow, grow!"

UNITHEISM?
G~O~D
? (not to be confused with gods, or with the powers, ELOHIM, which claimed to be the one and only creator of darkness and light, chaos and order--good and evil)--It is that which, using all the evolutionary processes, Generates, Organizes & Delivers--an infinity of things within the eternity of time.

G~O~D, for me, is not a supernatural being--one with a personality and who lives within certain dimensions, like theists say God is supposed to be. Welcome to our group on Face-book. Interestingly, Warren Farr, an artist, and I (also into art)--www.unitheist.org--not having met, later discovered that we concocted the word at the same time.

After falling into a nest of philosophers, I just published this on You-Tube and at Google.

Luce NDs

Spiritual deux ... imagine two snakes entangled to a "T" as the sign of healing in the Roman alternative icon of Caduceus! ...

Would that be akin to a pit of vipers or a nest of philosophers for those theologians that believe knowledge in theologically unsafe ... or dangerous to their free desires? Some people imbedded in free will couldn't imagine such a thing as thought and thus thoughts are set loose by those not retaining them ... perhaps a philosophical non sense in the domain we reside in at presence ... tense? Thus the strung out entanglement theory ... lost with the san-man!

Luce NDs

Spiritual deux ... imagine two snakes entangled to a "T" as the sign of healing in the Roman alternative icon of Caduceus! ...

Would that be akin to a pit of vipers or a nest of philosophers for those theologians that believe knowledge in theologically unsafe ... or dangerous to their free desires? Some people imbedded in free will couldn't imagine such a thing as thought and thus thoughts are set loose by those not retaining them ... perhaps a philosophical non sense in the domain we reside in at presence ... tense? Thus the strung out entanglement theory ... lost with the san-man!

But Rev.King thinking is oppressive to pure gods of love without clues ... why women sweep them up? For purposes unknown to many ...

The Hebrews loved their god of the unknown and unseen ... judi'ans hated that critter and loched IT up in books and scrolls ...

Luce NDs

One has to open the a'damed things to find out about the genre of psyche ... a weird thing to say least about small personas ... they can pass through walls as well as mous's ... the story of such things can be a gnawing sensation ...

RevLindsG King

Rest In Peace

Would that be akin to a pit of vipers or a nest of philosophers for those theologians that believe knowledge in theologically unsafe ... or dangerous to their free desires? Some people embedded in free will couldn't imagine such a thing as thought and thus thoughts are set loose by those not retaining them ... perhaps a philosophical non sense in the domain we reside in at presence ... tense? Thus the strung out entanglement theory ... lost with the san-man!
Whatever! I met and had a "dialogue", from a distance, that is at
I think that the leader of the group is Prof Daniel Dennet!He is the one with the full and white beard.

Ah! BTW, Do I ever miss the late and great journalist, Christopher Hitchins. He did not love "God". But what did he love? His strong addictions to nicotine and alcohol?

Last edited by a moderator:

Luce NDs

Now you've Dunn ET and the issue is further ochred .. like the burnt earth after the passing of destructive gods ... leaving room for pop ups ... a Jaques goes on ...

Do thoughts agitate the gods of pure void?

RevLindsG King

Rest In Peace
Hitchins is the one on the far left! Christopher Dawkins and Sam Harris are on the right.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla-in-law
Hitchins is the one on the far left! Christopher Dawkins and Sam Harris are on the right.

I've always found Sam to be the best of the bunch. More thoughtful and not afraid to tread on "spiritual" territory while still remaining highly critical of "religion", esp. the Abrahamic faiths. Waking Up is a good book for that reason - he explores the benefits of spiritual practices like contemplation through the scientific studies he and others have done on the subject, but he doesn't pull his punches for religions that focus on control and self-perpetuation over those practices.

Luce NDs

Is it not spirit that supports a person ... shoving them into the light like daisies, or daffy 'd isles? These be isolated soles separated out from the great one ... just for individual experience ... of being jaque duff crazy? What's a "duff"? Something to re search ... see if it comes back to yah ...

Strange things that real people just cannot comprehend as myth ... or just beyond eM! They go on and on --- CS Lewis as a master of Shadowlands? The greater mind is a dark domain ... almost abstract ...

Hermann

For most serious atheists, meditative or contemplative practice is beyond reproach. They know well that many scientific insights have been conceived in a meditative state or an intuitive flash. What they oppose is the explanations of ancient mystics hardened into religious dogma that has to believed in absolutely.

Why not immerse ourselves in contemplation or meditation and experience for ourselves what it has to offer? Maybe then we'll see both the sayings of the ancient mystics and the findings of science in a new light, and realize how mysticism and science, and ultimately religion and science, are connected.

As I said, I think that both science and religion dip from the same wellspring of wisdom. Only that, in religion, the insights and explanations derived have hardened into doctrine or dogma that has to believed in absolutely, whereas in science the mystical insights are examined and continuously re-examined and re-evaluated by what is known as the "scientific method."

Luce NDs

Yet many scientists will not give up some concepts that by all observations are quite doubtable ...

I personally had difficulty with that when some procedures were to be followed even though in isolated circumstance they just wouldn't work! One mustn't vary from what is accepted by scientific saints ... even though they deny any rigid belief systems ... there could be some defined err ... for that s just the way it is ...

Large wheels turn slowly ... so if you deal with big wheels stay out of their path ... they are like trains stuck on narrow paths ... no parallels, or metaphors allowed !

RevLindsG King

Rest In Peace
Doctor James Aw, is obviously not just a medical doctor. He is a firm believer in LIFE-STYLE MEDICINE
http://www.medcan.com/

As a pneumatologist and pneuma-therapist, I appreciate and admire professionals like Dr. James Aw--those who are also social activists and writers willing to take risks educate us--Dr. James Aw is the medical director of the Medcan Clinic (Toronto). I have a copy of an important article article he wrote for The Financial Post, March 26, 2014.

He wrote about how important it is for doctors and patients to understand what "Lifestyle Medicine " is all about, plus what is the role of individual patients. Perhaps what we need is a "NEW profession" he wrote--one that is somewhere between being a fitness trainer and a medical doctor, whose job it is to be a "health coach"; one with our permission to kick our butts often enough until we get the message of HOLISM."

IMO, already Dr. AW appears to be well prepared to learn about and teach the ancient knowledge (science and art) of pneumatology--the mother of psychology. In addition, armed with the story of PNEUMATOLOGY & the PNEUMA-therapy, he readily prepared to teach it to his patients, who will then be prepared to help the doctor help his patients.

Medcan Counselling & Coaching - Assessment

The Medcan Counselling & Coaching Assessment is a 90-minute appointment with a Medcan psychologist where you will undergo a comprehensive interview in a safe and confidential environment. Your psychologist will use this time to determine your specific needs for any psychological treatment which could include weekly 60 minute follow up appointments.

Some of the issues that are addressed include coping with stress, depression, attention issues, self-esteem, relationship management, workplace challenges as well as personal life situations and decisions.

LET'S HAVE FUN AS WE learn to PLAY LIFE as A WIN/WIN GAME
==========================================
THE GOAL IS: Getting healthy, and staying healthy--in body, mind and spirit--that is, in Nature, Nurture & inspired forever by a creative Pneumature--within and around all of us. This can be a win/win and JOY-filled game for all who participate, in all of life.

This WILL happen when we stop just being patients waiting to be healed, or die, by therapists. Instead, this is our opportunity to become enthusiastic--that is, GOD-&-Spirit-filled--Self-motivated therapists of self, family and community.

AN IMPORTANT RECENT BOOK:
Being Mortal
Medicine and What Matters in the End, by Atul Gawande

http://atulgawande.com/book/being-mortal/

From Atul Gawande, a book that has the potential to change medicine – and lives.

Medicine has triumphed in modern times, transforming the dangers of childbirth, injury, and disease from harrowing to manageable. But when it comes to the inescapable realities of aging and death, what medicine can do often runs counter to what it should.

Through eye-opening research and gripping stories of his own patients and family, Gawande reveals the suffering this dynamic has produced. Nursing homes, devoted above all to safety, battle with residents over the food they are allowed to eat and the choices they are allowed to make. Doctors, uncomfortable discussing patients’ anxieties about death, fall back on false hopes and treatments that are actually shortening lives instead of improving them. And families go along with all of it.

In his bestselling books, Atul Gawande, a practicing surgeon, has fearlessly revealed the struggles of his profession. Now he examines its ultimate limitations and failures – in his own practices as well as others’ – as life draws to a close. And he discovers how we can do better. He follows a hospice nurse on her rounds, a geriatrician in his clinic, and reformers turning nursing homes upside down. He finds people who show us how to have the hard conversations and how to ensure we never sacrifice what people really care about.

Riveting, honest, and humane, Being Mortal shows that the ultimate goal is not a good death but a good life – all the way to the very end.

This brings to our common mind one that most of us like to avoid: DEATH & DYING! Let me know what you think of having and open dialogue about this subject!

ME? I will and choose to die peacefully, in my sleep.
How about you?
Seriously speaking, I believe that when we will it the PNEUMA factor, WILL, help us arrange what is best for us ...

[If you like the idea, we can have a dialogue about what you feel is best for YOU ... the floor is yours! ]

RevLindsG King

Rest In Peace
For most serious atheists, meditative or contemplative practice is beyond reproach. They know well that many scientific insights have been conceived in a meditative state or an intuitive flash. What they oppose is the explanations of ancient mystics hardened into religious dogma that has to believed in absolutely.

Why not immerse ourselves in contemplation or meditation and experience for ourselves what it has to offer? Maybe then we'll see both the sayings of the ancient mystics and the findings of science in a new light, and realize how mysticism and science, and ultimately religion and science, are connected.

As I said ... evaluated by what is known as the "scientific method."
HERM, all is good comment:

"As I said, I think that both science and religion dip from the same wellspring of wisdom. Only that, in religion, the insights and explanations derived have hardened into doctrine or dogma that has to believed in absolutely, whereas in science the mystical insights are examined and continuously re-examined and re-evaluated by what is known as the "scientific method."

Last edited by a moderator:

Carolla

wondering & wandering

Luce NDs

If you don't face death as a real consequence will the options drive you crazy?

Can you just imagine such a comment? Imagine Moses regressing in the face of god ... while on a Rocky Mountain High! That Sunday morning coming down feeling ...

There are Hebrew implications with the shared intimacy ... a long story ...

RevLindsG King

Rest In Peace

As I said, I think that both science and religion dip from the same wellspring of wisdom. Only that, in religion, the insights and explanations derived have hardened into doctrine or dogma that has to believed in absolutely, whereas in science the mystical insights are examined and continuously re-examined and re-evaluated by what is known as the "scientific method."
JUST FOR OLD TIMES SAKE:

Herm, I just this stumbled on this link to the archives of the
The old WONDERCAFE.CA
https://wayback.archive-it.org/3230...ogy-pneumatology-psychology-how-they-connect#

Hermann

Atul Gawande is a brilliant guy with some important things to teach us, IMO. If you prefer listening - he did a series of BBC lectures which are interesting ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/6F2X8TpsxrJpnsq82hggHW/dr-atul-gawande-2014-reith-lectures

Talking about death & dying is really important ... and something many avoid strenuously, which to me, is rather sad. It's an important time of life.

Hi Carolla: I think we've had a thread on death on dying, either on the old wondercafe or here on wondercafe2.

Yes, learning to die well is important, and learning to die well is learning to live well. If you want to discuss the topic of death and dying again, why not post it again?

Luce NDs

On a Weather Network commentary yesterday, a southern person was much more concerned about grammar and form than the topic (superfluous to form?) thus the water like nature of concept and conception of wee forces like gnomes on the lawn or up in aL as Ka ... the topic was a gelatinous underwater blob??????

Odd what you can hide in the form of strictly aligned words. Makes one break down into puddles and release the MO ... some say Moe ... from which we get E Motives to stop and think while arrested in the world beyond our understanding ... because of the seizure within the human enslaved thoughts. Thus the friend out there as the thought organ wanders! ... what an out of bode an thingy?

Then there is the example of Einstein wandering the parks of Princeton with his friend while contemplating relative things ... could he have been wandering with his exterior self? The biographies don't define who he walks with ... perhaps an indeterminate fried that goes on and on ... like hopes, dreams and imagination ... such a large potential ... the probabilities are almost eternal perhaps to the nth degree?

Luce NDs

Considering the form of "đ" can take on "d" "ch" or "th" .. it that nth, nch, or dth, and the nth degree could be translated into the death of un thought meditations as everything comes back to yah from the Wayback site ... hidden in the depth of the indeterminate scattered mind?

Some people say such things should not be stressed a capitalized or embolden! Too much like a Taurus in China shopping for thoughts ... fragile or gentile things? The ancient dowager was said once to be a beautiful conception ... something to meditate up on ... while you're being Arid out? Some say a hairy doubt ... things just under the hairline ... in the face of it ...

Thoughts are rare things in an overly emotional world ... perhaps ethereal ... wispy? Indeterminate things can be thus eternally described ... thus narcissist gods generally unseen as satyrs ... they stand out when appropriate as Jacque in the box ...

Don't look al ice ...