May Christians vote for a presidential candidate who denies the Trinity?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

unsafe

RC Sproul and others gives their view on this in this 6 min video ------

24 Jul 2020
May Christians vote for a presidential candidate who denies the Trinity or follows a false religion? From our 2012 West Coast Conference, R.C. Sproul, Steven Lawson, and John MacArthur examine the relationship between the church and civil government.

And their sits a new liar in chief and a conman ---go figure -----

Like RC Sproul says in the video --it is very rare to have an authentic Christian up for election for this secular state -----

I think that President Biden has a more legitimate form of belief, in his Catholicism, than ever came out of Trump's behaviour/morals/ethics.

Besides, that video was from 2012. I would hope that even fundamentalist fanatics would widen their view of "what makes presidential material" outside of "holds Trinitarian beliefs". Besides, Catholics hold Trinitarian beliefs.

And their sits a new liar in chief and a conman ---go figure -----

Like RC Sproul says in the video --it is very rare to have an authentic Christian up for election for this secular state -----

Sounds very partisan-like judgement to me ... without much intellect involved!

Expanded perspectives? ... doesn't fit the imposed narrow ways ... then perspectives are opposite judgements on the MB construct of psyche ... being the Psyche is disposed as a weaker spirit that raw desires ...

Once gone the biblical record says it is hard to return ... as a difficult item of curiosity ... and you know how the fixated are about alien fears and Xenophobia ...

Psyche and sole constructs may be developed on the bottom of the pool ... where delight passed over ... This mine ole thing may be a font worth looking into ... Plato said there were forms on the Wahl've Ide ...

Last edited:
Chris
Besides, Catholics hold Trinitarian beliefs.
And used to burn people who didn't.

I have never understood the hate on the US evangelicals have for RCs. They are technically on the same side on so many issues (abortion, same sex marriage) that it seems counterproductive. Ditto Muslims. I have long said that the GOP and our Conservatives should be mining the Muslims for votes, not using them as punching bags. They are very much a "Focus on the Family" religion, at least the conservative and mainstream ones. But stereotyping and attempts to limit immigration by the conservative parties keep pushing them to parties like the Liberals.

(Yes, I know that many RCs, including Joe Biden, don't exactly play by the Pope's rulebook but, on paper, the RCs hold those positions)

Chris

And used to burn people who didn't.

I have never understood the hate on the US evangelicals have for RCs. They are technically on the same side on so many issues (abortion, same sex marriage) that it seems counterproductive. Ditto Muslims. I have long said that the GOP and our Conservatives should be mining the Muslims for votes, not using them as punching bags. They are very much a "Focus on the Family" religion, at least the conservative and mainstream ones. But stereotyping and attempts to limit immigration by the conservative parties keep pushing them to parties like the Liberals.

(Yes, I know that many RCs, including Joe Biden, don't exactly play by the Pope's rulebook but, on paper, the RCs hold those positions)

Does that simulate triads? Sometimes said to be an eastern tradition differently oriented that occidental falling from the edge after being skinned ... a favorite of those wishing to be nailed to the bairne Dore ... thus something was out ... wee demos?

Can politicians deny complexity when the bother of supporting the system will eat into personal wealth of the wealthiest ?

Let the complexity games go on to baffle and wall up the simple!

Option: the entire marketplace goes down an unseen hole and we are set back 1000 years in time to exit the present! There are a massive bunch of wealthier folks that claim they are not responsible ... and thus irresponsible ... rites of passage! Un scathing blows as hard Eire ...

Eire is a difficult cognizance ... like blarney covered by dirt of reality dramas ...

Why does a president even need to be Christian or any other type of believer anyway? Would being an atheist disqualify a candidate?

Quaternity involves squares, nerds and other bores as it is beyond many! They find understanding what is beyond "M" painful ...

Expect some weird myths to penetrate difficult barriers ... hard shells? But they go there unconsciously ... thus the Hebrew respect for the great unknown!

Real people dispose of respect in search of capital ... it multiplies in conflicts ... very selectively for the elect! In peace we learn in our private slavery ... spooks in Dunne Geo'NS?

Does it make a difference ... I thought that you were of the opinion that God did the choosing.

Thus it must be beyond all those except those of avarice ... once defined as a sort of control freak that shares nothing ... especially the power of choice ... so much for the free will choice theory ...

Should Christians weigh politicians by their confessed belief or their demonstrated competence?

Being a Christian does not make one a better person. Hopefully, over time, there will be a demonstrable improvement in character. Maturation rates for Christians appear to vary.

Christians not gifted with discernment will make poor decisions.

If Christian discernment is more concerned with how orthodox a candidate is rather than how competent or justice/mercy/humility balanced a candidate is then that orthodox candidate is likely to err.

All politicians are likely to err in some regard or another. If their errors always result in a penalty to the people and riches to themselves or neighbours then something is seriously awry and needs correcting.

"Being a Christian does not make one a better person."

Oh God would we expect some resistance from certain hard heads ... the mythical Yak? It too is silent on resistant matter and immaterial ...

Thus anchors stand ...

Back