Mary. Mother of Jesus. Badass!

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

This word believe should not be taken lightly when it comes to believing in Jesus Christ and His word -----we can believe there is a God but not trust in God to do what He says in His word ----- so it is not enough just to believe in God ---The word believe means to have confidence in --to have trust in Him and His word -----If we have no trust in His word we have no trust in Him as Jesus is the word -----

Greek word for Believe ----
Thayer's Greek Lexicon:-----pisteuō

to think to be true, place confidence in

to trust in Jesus or God as able to aid either in obtaining or in doing something: saving faith
Reminds me of Luke 9:35

Jesus presents Himself as one who came to save the spiritually sick and refused to participate in man made Religious rules and traditions that we not given by God ------Jesus refused to get involved in any worldly political issues ---He came to preach His Father's words and to save the Spiritually sick --- that was Him main Mission ------

This is from ---
https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_789.cfm

Summary

Although Jesus was the promised Messiah, the one who could rightfully rule over Israel, He refused to become involved in any political issue of his day. We see this in a number of ways. Jesus refused to be made king; He told His disciples not to tell others that He was the Messiah and He also withdrew from confrontation with the religious rulers. In addition, He never incited the people against Rome. All of this was in contrast to false Messiahs. The reason He acted this way has to do with the nature of His kingdom - it was not of this world system.

Jesus presents Himself as one who came to save the spiritually sick and refused to participate in man made Religious rules and traditions that we not given by God ------Jesus refused to get involved in any worldly political issues ---He came to preach His Father's words and to save the Spiritually sick --- that was Him main Mission ------

This is from ---
https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_789.cfm

Summary

Although Jesus was the promised Messiah, the one who could rightfully rule over Israel, He refused to become involved in any political issue of his day. We see this in a number of ways. Jesus refused to be made king; He told His disciples not to tell others that He was the Messiah and He also withdrew from confrontation with the religious rulers. In addition, He never incited the people against Rome. All of this was in contrast to false Messiahs. The reason He acted this way has to do with the nature of His kingdom - it was not of this world system.

A subtle or sacred kingdom ... below the real horizon!

Here's another interesting perspective, from Broadview:

It greatly reminded me of Women Who Run With Wolves ... tis ain't Peđe! "đ" being a misomaniacal letter of metaphor ... the AI 've Circe?

When you get deep enough into what's unknown ... few understand! Thus the comprension of myth ... often said an item not to exist!

Part of my message today was wondering if Matthew created the birth story to negate rumours about the scandalous birth of Jesus circulating years later or to tie Jesus to the prophecies in Isaiah or both. Mark and John have no birth narrative, saw no need for one. Their focus was on the adult Jesus.

It is certainly interesting that only two of the four thought it mattered. There is also the possibility of them, esp. Luke who is supposedly of Greek ancestry, playing on the idea of gods fathering semi-divine heroes in Greek and Roman myths. It is an idea that would certainly play better in the gentile Hellenistic world than among traditionalist Jews.

Alexander's conquests introduced Greek culture into the eastern Mediterranean world. This culture was known as "Hellenism." Cities such as Alexandria in Egypt became influential centers of Greek learning. The Greek language replaced Aramaic as the principal language for trade, education, and international relations. The cities of the Decapolis (east of Galilee and Samaria), mentioned in the New Testament, were centers of Hellenistic culture.

Alexander married Darius’ daughter Barsine in Susa in 324 B.C. .

He died, probably of malaria, in Babylon in 323 B.C. at the age of 32.

But what if Alexander was a cowardly misunderstood homosexual feminist that died of aids at the age of 31 after his long affair with King Porus and his lazy agreement to limit the extent of the Empire to its then boundaries. Alexander probably really died in the Gedrosian desert and his army likely pretended he was still alive when they reached Babylon in order to preserve for history the legend of his 'greatness'.

Believe it or not ... what do we really know of Mary anymore than we know of anyone that we are informed about through 'his story' and 'her story' And how does it change anything about what we need to be paying attention to today as the way forward in our own culture.

Are we talking about the Judaism that Jesus was so against ?
No. we are talking about the core of Judaism, the word of God, which Jesus offered to the Gentile world. The Judaism of the day had drifted far from the way of life by establishing and maintaining their temple economy. So they rejected their own roots to follow the way of power, prestige and privilege. Just as Christendom rejects Jesus as revealed in the four gospels.

Prevailing patriarchal ideologies and structures continue to repress matriarchal values and commitments. Mary is a literary (in the beginning was the word) figure revealing a primary human condition - receptivity; which is a matriarchal quality and commitment. Mary heard the living word, trusted the living word, and pondered the living word. All while a child was being formed within her womb. Always remembering that the womb is our common point of human origin.

In school I was considered a fag, which meant homosexual. This because of my refusal to participate in the sexual denigration, by words and actions, of our female classmates. My character was and is rooted in the character of my mother. It was and is impossible to think of girls (women) as sexual objects to be used, misused and abused. Through all the years I have been in conversation with many women. Not once did I seek physical intimacy with any. It now seems clear that my spirit is receptive and not assertive.

The biblical narratives make clear that each new beginning starts by the appearing of an unlikely woman bringing forward a prophetic child. That child shines light in the darkness, offering remedy and restoration. That child lives among us.

Last edited:
Back