JesusWeen? Is This Really Necessary?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

It just seems like overkill to me. The church has already co-opted the Winter Solstice for Christmas and the Spring Equinox(sort of) for Easter. Wasn't Reformation Day enough?

Putting 'ween' in with anything to do with the church is a bad idea IMO. First connotation that hit me had nothing to do with Halloween. Much to easy to link the term with sex abuses.

Ironic when evangelists are so deeply focused on themselves that they are totally ignorant of the views of others with whom they want to connect. Mix of arrogance and self entitlement.

It is just so childish. Especially changing one myth for another.
But then the children aren't the ones wearing costumes and knocking for a candy treat are they. They are the ones with Jesusween on their bumper.

In the ghosting season is it funny how many of the stoically situated avoid spiritual concerns in essence?

Is it because of ancient word?

A few years back a local church had (some of) their congregation dropping tracts into treat bags. There was a bit of uproar over this as the little comic book offerings were designed to scare people into trust in god - because without this you burn in hell for eternity! The next year they held a party for children who wore outfits that weren't scary. More recently they seem to have offered a 'safe, supervised environment where children can dress up and have fun'.

In the midst of pure God and pure demonic thought are there be-teen-Eis? Eis being a 1 extended for the alternate to get around!

Thus the dash ... to escape the spot you were in ... some just stay with it due alien sensations ... sentience as salient? You then knew what was onus!

This varies compared to anosognosia ... said to be a state where people don't know they are irrational ... potentially a common condition ... it may incarnate as "M"! The natural way of losing IT!

A few years back a local church had (some of) their congregation dropping tracts into treat bags. There was a bit of uproar over this as the little comic book offerings were designed to scare people into trust in god - because without this you burn in hell for eternity! The next year they held a party for children who wore outfits that weren't scary. More recently they seem to have offered a 'safe, supervised environment where children can dress up and have fun'.
Oh, we had a family doing that back in the seventies when I was trick or treating. No one in our family took them especially seriously and they went straight in the trash (no blue boxes back then). Well, I think I read them for entertainment (some of them were Chick tracts which are good for a laugh now and then).

I am disappointed that our church will not be having our annual children's Hallowe'en Party again this year. Here's to having it next year!

Jesusween is . . . . not only the most uncreative name for an alternative it is full of ignorance about the actual event.

All Hallow's (All that is Holy) Eve is part of a Christian Triduum Festival. The other happening in the Spring and comprised of Good Friday, Saturday Vigil, and Easter Sunday. If you are going to claim the lable Christian try to do so from an informed position.

All Hallow's Eve (or HallowTide is the vigil portion of the Triduum followed by All Saints Day for veneration of the Saints in particular followed by All Soul's Day which is a day of prayer for the dead. Lutherans, Methodists, Anglicans and Reformed Churches celebrate the Hallowmas though are considerably more low key about it than our Roman Catholic siblings who hold to the artificial distinction between "S" Saints and "s" saints.

Only the ignorant think that Hallowmas is about the ghosts and the ghoulies. They probably think Christmas is about toys and Easter is about Chocolate as well.

Yes, the celebration was moved from its original chronological position to the fall and dropped upon a pagan celebration as a deliberate attempt at cultural colonization. If you are a fair to middling student of cultures you can probably guess where it was moved from.

Jesusween is . . . . not only the most uncreative name for an alternative it is full of ignorance about the actual event.

All Hallow's (All that is Holy) Eve is part of a Christian Triduum Festival. The other happening in the Spring and comprised of Good Friday, Saturday Vigil, and Easter Sunday. If you are going to claim the lable Christian try to do so from an informed position.

All Hallow's Eve (or HallowTide is the vigil portion of the Triduum followed by All Saints Day for veneration of the Saints in particular followed by All Soul's Day which is a day of prayer for the dead. Lutherans, Methodists, Anglicans and Reformed Churches celebrate the Hallowmas though are considerably more low key about it than our Roman Catholic siblings who hold to the artificial distinction between "S" Saints and "s" saints.

Only the ignorant think that Hallowmas is about the ghosts and the ghoulies. They probably think Christmas is about toys and Easter is about Chocolate as well.

Yes, the celebration was moved from its original chronological position to the fall and dropped upon a pagan celebration as a deliberate attempt at cultural colonization. If you are a fair to middling student of cultures you can probably guess where it was moved from.

Would the rich and powerful insist that you are corrupting their intent to gain a hardened position?

Thus the stoned and addicted to piety of putting the observant down ... thus altering what is transparent to those questioning about what the powers are up to!

The bible does say something about the desire to question ... doesn't it? Yet some say don't and thus it wasn't ... and questions remain!

Would the rich and powerful insist that you are corrupting their intent to gain a hardened position?
I doubt the rich and the powerful see me as anything approaching a threat.
The bible does say something about the desire to question ... doesn't it? Yet some say don't and thus it wasn't ... and questions remain!
A lot of somethings. Were you looking for something specific?

The Queen of Sheba came to test Solomon with hard questions, which he answered.

Knowledge never used to be an enemy to faith.

Yet, why does knowledge seem to have such a bad rap when called intelligence? Blows my psyche ...

And if you are truly into fairness, justice, etc. ... then the winning end of the stick would have it out for you ... because they do not wish to lose even the smallest bit! What's bit? It may be a sense of avarice as once defined as a control freak ... a fre*Kahn departure from balance?

The pendulum does swing ... Fermat had Theo Rah about the end ... and in the grand sum The*O was once a word for God and a place to drop thoughts that were eliminated ... d' Rah keeps coming up like a mark passing through a tree ... such a mark could cause O'din ... calm dissonance?

Then it all flattens out ... locally! Beyond that it is spherical ... like Boo Sem ... something added to life to encourage reproduction ... some take it extreme ... and badly ... leading to hitting the boo's ...

The word as God is a peculiar if not strange apparition or other image ...

I once read a suggestion that as an alternative to Halloween costumes, Christian kids should dress up like characters from the Bible. What could go wrong?

I once read a suggestion that as an alternative to Halloween costumes, Christian kids should dress up like characters from the Bible. What could go wrong?

When we know so little of druid an what's drawn out ... imagine the denied screw-ups!

Back