It is time ... 2020 Advent/Christmas/Solstice/Whatever Music Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Did anyone else enjoy the European Broadcasting Union's "Joy to the World" concerts all day today? Hosted by Julie Nesrallah. Just a lovely day of music.

Didn't see it.

Since I can't join my upstairs landlords Christmas morning, I was thing of belting "Joy to the World" out on my speakers, up loud - I need a really chimey, brass, symphonic big lead up version. Then I was going to say Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas! And leave a gift bag on their back indoor staircase.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Sorry, on the radio. CBC Music, formerly known as Radio 2... I play the radio all day on my computer with fairly sturdy (aka loud) speakers, occasionally bluetoothing it to the back of the house if I'm working back there.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
This is lovely. It's a trio arrangement of Silent Night for piano, guitar, and counter-tenor by a Polish trio. Interestingly, they use the English lyrics rather than the German.

Waterfall

Some of you may remember Barbara Mandrel,
It Must Have Been the Mistletoe might be a great tune to dance to while you're making a Christmas Eve snack and sharing a bottle of wine with the one you love.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Don't think I posted this here. Schubert's Ave Maria is only peripherally a "Christmas Song" but it is a gorgeous piece of music for any time of year, really. Here's Floor Jansen, who dropped this new metal-leaning recording of it on Christmas Eve as her Christmas gift to her myriad fans.

BTW, I figure we are good to leave this stickied for at least the 12 days of Christmas so keep the seasonal tunes coming.