It’s Time to Wake Canada Up!

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Ok, I admit I was too busy with other stuff to follow this conflict. Please correct me if I am wrong. To me it looks like :
First :we / white settlers made indigenous move into reserves and told them that’s theirs and to stay there
Now: we/ white settlers want to tell them what to do on their land.

Is this overly simplified? I heard of native groups wanting the pipeline? But appearently not the ones that are protesting here.
As with Extinction Rebellion, sometimes blockades might be needed to draw attention. In history, general strikes were used to express resistance.
There are a million reasons to not invest in fossil fuels anymore- million in the sense of $$$.

I read it was extinction rebellion, not the local band, that organized the blockade in Courtney BC - claiming they had the support of a couple of members - but it was not in direct solidarity with the wet'suwet'en. That was wrong - colonial, even, if they coopted a movement that isn't theirs on land that isn't theirs. I generally support XR's purpose but they have to be careful with their tactics too if they want to maintain support.

Last edited:
Apart from all political considerations, these voices speak to my heart and call my mind to pay attention. We are in the valley of decision. Either we will turn from vanity and pride to save our earth or, we will persist in supporting the avarice and greed of those serving vanity and pride, by which our earth is being destroyed.

I lived in Thompson from 1962 till 1969. My closest friend was Stanley. He was a Cree boy.

Stanley and I had deep intelligence. Our teachers told us this over and over. We did not listen. We wanted very much to learn. So we resisted the press for conformity to the curriculum. That curriculum ordered to separate achievers from under achievers. The former climbing the ladder to success in the way of the world. The latter relegated to the various service industries serving capital interest.

Stanley and I were considered under achievers and resistant to the institution’s structures of power. We spent more time in the woods or fishing from the Burntwood river. That was the context in which our intelligence learned to distinguish between the necessary and the unnecessary. For this practice of absence we were expelled. According to the way of the world we were failures.

While in the woods with Stanley I noticed and appreciated the presence of Raven. That all seeing scavenger became my totem; a symbol of my spirit being. To this day Raven continues to nourish my spirit being. That spirit being which is present in us all. Sad to say, few have discovered their spirit being and most are lost in the realm of illusion. This in service to hidden masters in high places.

It’s time for persons in Canada to wake up!

Sketch of me done by a First Nations street artist met on East Hastings, in downtown Vancouver:

583B3D02-1B2D-4D33-8A3F-352B9F6605D0.jpeg

I stand in deep sympathy with all who live with respect in the land, which is the source of our human being. It brings tears to my eyes as persons under government orders, armed with deadly weapons of war, use force to dominate indigenous persons for the sentiments they bring forward by symbolic action. Those tears rooted in my deep awareness of how we invaded this country and claimed it as our own. How we took children from their parents and grandparents. How we did all in our power to destroy their heritage and traditions. How we disparage their presence among us because of their difference.

In this era of “reconciliation”, Indigenous land is still being taken at gunpoint. INVASION is a new film about the Unist’ot’en Camp, Gidimt’en checkpoint and the larger Wet’suwet’en Nation standing up to the Canadian government and corporations who continue colonial violence against Indigenous people.

Power is a wonderful thing if you favour the corruptive element ... like that imitation and flattery metaphor. I don't care to imitate a gross power to gain their favour.

Yet this happens often ... or so it appears! Go for the subtle images ... in the mire ...

One thing I really love about the Council of Canadians is their solidarity with our indigenous neighbours around water. I get so frightened these days of calling anyone a hero, but I've always admired Maude Barlow.

Oilsands are an underground interest ... seductively rising elsewhere ... just watch and see ... some can't see the nature of corruption in parts of the media ... especially media owned by certain types ...

It is the way it goes if you don't observe deeply ... beyond the edge!

So many superficial understandings without depth!

What is a franc nuit? It is dark and non politically proper to speak about as black ... why some authorities dislike our literacy regarding the inky records! Although these fade in the dark with skill one can withdraw them ... druids? Plough on as Walter Brennan ... if you can gather what the furroughing is about ... makes for a decent break from insane passions ... go fishing! Jesus di dite ...

A ridiculous thing ... perhaps ... but alternately perhap snot ... tacky mitochondria? Sometimes hidden in the follicular relations ... as hairy!

Back