Is this serious?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

@EasternOrthodox - have you seen your prices increase as you moved to delivery?
There is a delivery fee for the groceries. I generally order only about once every 3 weeks or so. My son or my cleaning lady/assistant can pick up perishables like milk. Jill, the cleaning lady/assistant is wonderful.

She charges $30/hour and typically spends two hours a week. I recently gave her a raise, she’s also got a part time job and I want to stay competitive.

I’m hardly wealthy but buying a small modest place in 1992 was a good decision. When I sold it, it covered the full cost of the condo. No mortgage necessary.

Seems there are plenty of variations on generational upsets/misunderstandings/expectations etc.. I find it unfortunate that it often turns out to be triggered by greed or lack of gratitude. A couple of years ago a different grand got married. We bought a carefully selected gift that we were sure they would enjoy using (camping type bbq). Haven't heard a word since. It wouldn't surprise me if handwritten thank you notes were no longer in vogue but a text, email or phone call would have been nice.

I have too much time available for thinking nowadays. I used to pop in on my Nana fairly often and she sometimes had jobs for me to do. She died when I was eleven. Today I realised that I can only think of two presents I got from her. One I still have. Many other gifts though!

Helpful thoughts guys.

Yesterday I read on FB that my oldest grand is getting married. I haven't seen or heard from him since Covid hit, other than remarks on FB. Apparently he hasn't forgiven me for quitting with B'day and Christmas cheques after he graduated High School. He drives within a block of our home on his way to and from work but doesn't have time to pop over.
Send an congrats on your engagement card (if you are interested in trying to reestablish a relationship). Possibly say something to the parents too depending on personalities. Otherwise it's up to your grandson.

it's hard to know if the miss is intentional or just a pattern of behaviour-- ie is it personally directed at you or just his general self.
I think it is wise to leave it open and direct positive messages, such as a "congratulations on your engagement" as recommended earlier.

FB the home of naivete and ignorance ... take it lightly!

There one might find humus ... root of other words ... and cares ... Icarus?

Sol in full flight ... feathery thoughts gather ...

Back